The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

It’s actually five water worlds in a string of six planets, in one system. I’ve seen much less interesting finds documented on EDSM. But if that doesn’t float your boat, safe travels.
Spot on. Well, except the part about finds documented on EDSM: it's finds documented by the GMP instead. It's a separate project, one that's hosted and made possible by EDSM.
Also, contrary to popular assumptions, there are no clear set rules, there are guidelines, with exceptions made.

I rather liked @LCU No Fool Like One 's earlier thought: "Rarity is less important to me than gorgeous views." Personally, I think that the GMP should focus on visually interesting / spectacular stuff instead. For other uses, it's often obsolete anyway, and curating a list of systems with impressive sights isn't something that could be done well automatically.

It’s actually five water worlds in a string of six planets, in one system. I’ve seen much less interesting finds documented on EDSM. But if that doesn’t float your boat, safe travels.

That's marginally more interesting, but is it really something that someone would travel thousands of ly to see?

Name:Perdix Legacy
Game Map Search Ref:DRYAO CHREA IJ-W C16-2792 A 1
Description:A surprisingly close Hot Jupiter orbiting its Primary Star, only 3.89Ls away and every 7.2hrs (0.3 days). Also, so close, the Planet is more oval shaped than round.

Depending on the location you enter the system, Perdix (the Hot Jupiter) may inadvertently either Aerobrake your Ship or cause you to hit the Planetary interference boundary. Not sure if this is a record, but damn is it close.
Screenshot References:
Perdix Legacy_640x360.png

Perdix_640x360.png

Name:Tri Aquari
Game Map Search Ref:STRIECHAE BL-A B20-0 4, 5, 6, 10 E
Description3 Water Worlds. One Primary, Two Binary Pairs (orbiting close enough you can see the other), Planet 10 E has Nitrogen Magma and this system is also a Green System having all the components for FSD Synthesis.

On the way to or coming back from Beagle Point, it is a good place to stock up on raw materials and enjoy the view from the Binary Water Worlds as the Galactic Core looms in the background.
Screenshot References:
Tri Aquari System Map_640x360.png

Tri Aquari_640x360.png

DSSA CARRIER POI SUBMISSION

Carrier’s Insignia:
AP patch.png
Carrier Name:DSSA Archer's Prize
Carrier Class:Victory Class
Designated Region:The Conduit
System:Oumbaiqs WE-R D4-1 (New Sol)
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):September 10th 3306
Carrier Construction Date:June 9th 3306
Construction Location:Jaques Station, Colonia
Maiden Jump(s):Luchtaine for refueling (June 11 3306)
Colonia for Deployment (January 10 3307)
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):January 12th 3307
Services Available:Repair, Refuel, Armory, Universal Cartographics
Tariff % Set:50%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:None at this time
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:In-System (Oumbaiqs WE-R D4-1 4)
Screenshot:
1-12-2021_10-11-45_PM-u33hrlrz 25%.png

Name:Double Dare
Game map search ref:Dryaa Pruae DL-Y e8379
Description:This system near the Neutron Nebula hosts a pulsar-white dwarf binary plus another neutron star and another white dwarf, as well as several landable high metal content planets, gas giants, and icy moons. Take care when dropping into this system, as you may end up in the middle of the binary!
Screenshot reference:

Awesome gtbUncleMattMan! This was exactly something I was looking for on my Longer Voyage Home. It has now been added as a Waypoint on my "Longer Voyage Home" Expedition which I am journaling on Inara.

Gary

"Aoire's Rest"

Hieronymus Region: Syritchuae OO-I d9-67

White ringed Y class with massive secondary ring set and 5 landable shepherd moons, two with satellites. 3 with multiple 20+ geological sites.
A small ringed class2 gas giant ( 11F) sits just outside the rings with a great vantage for photographers.

Attachments

• 129797x1779.jpg
    129797x1779.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Erx1S9tVQAEHA9K.jpg
    Erx1S9tVQAEHA9K.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Erwp1qSUYAE4QBO.jpg
    Erwp1qSUYAE4QBO.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 159
  • 2021-01-16 17_36_43-Greenshot.png
    2021-01-16 17_36_43-Greenshot.png
    727.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 2021-01-16 02_04_24-Greenshot.png
    2021-01-16 02_04_24-Greenshot.png
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Name:Dance Jealousy
Game map search ref:Hypou Ain EM-D d12-44
Description:Two stars (F+M) in very close proximity to each other "dancing around each other". I am no expert, but it looks like the two should collide at some point (I ask someone if they can confirm). While another very bright F star is close to see this dance.
Screenshot reference:
DanceJealousy_View.jpg

DamceJealousy_StarA.jpg

DanceJealousy_StarB.jpg

Name:Dance Jealousy
Game map search ref:Hypou Ain EM-D d12-44
Description:Two stars (F+M) in very close proximity to each other "dancing around each other". I am no expert, but it looks like the two should collide at some point (I ask someone if they can confirm). While another very bright F star is close to see this dance.

They are just orbiting very closely with a gap between them of about 2 light seconds. They are not going to collide. Sorry to say that I don't think this is notable.

Wow 2 ls is close! :) OK if they are not on collision course, I admit it's not notable enough. Even though the view of the two really bright stars and the thrid star running around one of them was still pretty cool. Not really "special" :)

Quick update...

DSSA locations are now labelled as 'Independent Outposts' on the GMP/EDSM. This is to separate them from the powerbock controlled/NPC deep space outpost category that they were originally marked under.

We also have a new category called 'Settlement'. This will initially be used to label specific Odyssey settlements (if they exist beyond a few thousand LYs of the bubble), and in future will also be used to upgrade DSSA locations from outpost to settlement (if/when base building ever comes to ED, and if/when players ever decide to build surface installations out at DSSA locations).

Attachments

• outpost.jpg
    outpost.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 134
Name:Divinity Nebula
Game map search ref:Schee Flyi OZ-O e6-151
Description:This unique nebula, which is a small detour from the Colonia to Sgr A* route, contains a ringed ELW. Habitable worlds in planetary nebulae are extremely rare in themselves, but for one to have a ring is truly one-of-a-kind.
Screenshot reference:
UhA9Te2.png

tS2tRcZ.png

This site on the way to Colonia has remarkably never been added as POI. It's two massive star clusters that were generated by the Stellar Forge. They are located in the "Pru Aescs" and "Flyiedgiae" and form a Strait that reminds of the Strait of Gibraltar. Given that connection I propose naming them accordingly as "Iberia" and "Atlas" clusters respectively. The procedural names are harsh to pronounce.

Name:Pillars of Hercules (or Pillars of Orion if name is unacceptable, in which case the three following descriptions need to be changed)
Game map search ref:Pru Aescs ZX-H c23-66
Description:Systems in this region lie directly in between two nearby star clusters: the Iberia Cluster known as "Pru Aescs" centered around the "Doomed Waters" system (Pru Aescs YV-E d11-170) and the much bigger Atlas Cluster or "Flyiedgiae". The original Pillars of Hercules are two mountains which are passed upon leaving the Mediterranean Sea on Earth. In a similar fashion the nearby clusters mark the edge of the Inner Orion Spur Galactic Region and stand out as the first major clusters on the way to Colonia. There is a roughly 50 light year wide passage between the two clusters, mimicking the Strait of Gibraltar.

Upon direct approach from the Bubble the two clusters can initially appear as one, until the smaller Iberia Cluster has been crossed or circumnavigated. As the clusters lie directly opposed to one another, they form a pair with each of the two binary terraformable water worlds in this system.

Increasing instance star count is recommendable to make the most of this sight.
Screenshot reference:Atlas Cluster "Flyiedgiae"
2021-01-21 11-23-34 Pru Aescs ZX-H c23-66-2.png

Iberia Cluster "Pru Aescs"
2021-01-21 11-16-51 Pru Aescs ZX-H c23-66-2.png

Last edited:
Name:Iberia Cluster (Pru Aescs Cluster)
Game map search ref:Pru Aescs YV-E d11-170
Description:The Iberia or "Pru Aescs" Stellar Cluster is an open cluster of bright B-class stars that is located around and slightly above the "Doomed Waters" System (Search Reference). From there it extends further towards the Core. Together with the nearby, much larger Atlas Cluster or "Flyiedgiae" it forms the Pillars of Hercules. It's diameter is roughly 100 light years. This cluster is in a more advanced state of mass-segregation than it's neighbor, causing it to have a slightly lower density of stars.

From many angles Pru Aescs appears to be a coherent, giant cluster with Flyiedgiae. Only when flying around or after having passed through it, both clusters can be made out to be separate.
Screenshot reference:Iberia Cluster as seen from Flyiedgiae TR-H d11-136 in the nearby Atlas Cluster
2021-01-21 12-38-37 Flyiedgiae TR-H d11-136-2.png

Last edited:
If this cluster has an IC identification, I was unable to find it.

Name:Atlas Cluster (Flyiedgiae Cluster)
Game map search ref:Flyiedgiae TR-H d11-136
Description:The Atlas or "Flyiedgiae" Stellar Cluster is a massive cluster of bright B-class stars. It belittles the nearby Iberia Cluster known as "Pru Aesc", being more than twice as big. It's diameter is roughly 300 light years. Together with the Iberia Cluster it forms the Pillars of Hercules.

The below pictures were made from Pru Aescs ZX-H c23-66 and the "Doomed Waters" System of Pru Aescs YV-E d11-170 respectively.
Screenshot reference:View from Pru Aescs ZX-H c23-66
2021-01-21 11-23-34 Pru Aescs ZX-H c23-66-2.png

View from "Doomed Waters" System
2021-01-20 14-43-51 Pru Aescs YV-E d11-170-2.png

Last edited:
Name:Secret Ballroom
Game map search ref:Hyedau XI-F B52-3
Description:System in the heart of the Achille's Altar where all stars and planets are "dancing" in binary. All but 3 landable moons have significant ammount of geographical features. This system is "green" system as well, all materials needed can be found on the moons. This combined with scarcity of nearby systems that have such features makes it even more valuable.
Screenshot reference:
hyedau.png

Name:Skaude Cluster Web
Game map search ref:Skaude SO-V c4-58
Description:The Skaude Cluster Web is a collection of open star clusters situated slightly below the Galactic Plane. It spreads out across a quadrant of about two and a half thousand light years. At its furthest extend it reaches into the nearby Ellaidst Cluster. The star clusters are predominantly made up of bright B-class stars and vary significantly in age and size.

Increasing instance star count is recommendable to make the most of this sight.
Screenshot reference:View towards Colonia
2021-01-22 13-37-08 Skaude SO-V c4-58-2.png

View towards the Core
2021-01-22 13-37-23 Skaude SO-V c4-58-2.png

From Skaude CI-P a3-0 (350 light years away towards Sol) fixated on the biggest, lower most cluster
2021-01-22 12-53-55 Skaude CI-P a3-0-2.png

Last edited:
Name:Celestial Slingshot
Game map search ref:Oob Aeb XV-P b46-0
Description:At the beginning of the Outer Arm Vacuus is this very peculiar Earth-like World. It orbits a cold brown dwarf star with an extreme eccentricity. At its periapsis, it is a mere .6 ls from its parent star, grazing its exclusion zone. The Earth-like's quick orbital period of 3.4 days makes it an excellent waypoint for any expedition through the Outer Arm.
Screenshot reference:
AmODDi0.jpg

5UAFey5.jpg

cTm1Elb.jpg

0yI7eHc.jpg

For future reference, the above pictures of periapsis were taken on 1-23-3307, at 21:00 UTC.

Top Bottom