INRA Base Discoveries

Nice logs. Seem to lead up to re-write of this old story:http://www.dream-ware.co.uk/first-e...life-on-the-frontier/inevitable-consequences/

About how the Mycoid was developed.

Yes !! Spent the entire day reading and re-reading everything there, and within the Journals as well for possible informations ... Also used the great FFE StarSys that can be found here : http://www.jongware.com/ to match system name references between the Journals and what's existing in Elite :)

Mycoid confirmed !
20171009195733_1.jpg

Don’t forget that in the lore and stories it was always thought that The Dark Wheel were behind INRA, its formation and the missions that it ran. The Dark Wheel just happens to be a minor faction at Jameson Memorial...my advice, make sure you are allied with them as I bet some of their missions start to get more interesting as this narrative moves forward.

Not going to make an accusation, but as this is a different base layout with a significantly different skybox as to the one we saw in the trailer, I'd really appreciate a detailed description of the process of finding it...

Don’t forget that in the lore and stories it was always thought that The Dark Wheel were behind INRA, its formation and the missions that it ran. The Dark Wheel just happens to be a minor faction at Jameson Memorial...my advice, make sure you are allied with them as I bet some of their missions start to get more interesting as this narrative moves forward.
I highly doubt that. It's one thing to make combat hard it's another to force someone to have an elite rank to participate in the story.

For everyone here.
Yes, it is a different one that the one on the trailer.
CookieJarviz came to this thread, wasn't convinced, but decided to dig a bit and had an intuition, so we headed up to Hermitage as he suggested and we found this INRA outpost.

Last edited:
How did you arrive at that location? Would give everyone else a hint as to what to look for when hunting for others.

For everyone here.
Yes, it is a different one that the one on the trailer.
CookieJarviz came to this thread, wasn't convinced, but decided to dig a bit and had an intuition, so we headed up to Hermitagen as he suggested and we found this INRA outpost.

Do you believe the planet is the same as the one in the trailer? If so, there's more to find there (obviously). If not, the planetary hunt will have to continue.

YEAH!

That's an excellent news! GG to CMDR EfilOne, Osiris, Wing Atlantis, Remlok industries pilots and Children of Raaxla! Excellent! This base is the first step. Great news! THX to CookieJarviz

20171009193128_1.jpg

Last edited:
It was all skybox matching at first.

IMPORTANT NOTE : I have literally ZERO idea about how the system/planet was found. I just joined Alex in voice who straight told me about CJ's lead, that is all. The skybox match I tried was strictly done once in orbit of the planet.

Really an hit and miss, I circled around the planet several times until I thought of being close enough. Glided down to the surface, straight toward the canyon that was under me. From there just following the canyon's general direction; there was an awful lot of surface POIs on my radar in that area, I aimed at them at first but was only finding System Defense Force vessels every single time, which led me into a circling chase of about 50kms in radius, until I had the Milky Way's bright light contrasting with the surface on the screen (not even talking about the ambient occlusion near fat rocks on the ground that let you think you found something, the deception every time :D).
There was an object near a few rocky ridges that was creating some aliasing with the heavy contrast right in the middle, so I headed there, and bam.

I realized long afterward that it wasn't the same as the trailer, I was so focused on the background that I entirely forgot to compare.

Of note, I spent a few thousand hours licking planetary surfaces back during the CoR exploration CG in search for the bases, so had a fair few ideas of how to "enhance" the yoghurting experience already :D

-----

About the above : Reduce all your graphic settings to the absolute minimum (planets looks like yoghurt at this stage, hence the term), try to find "contrasty" lighting conditions, and something I like doing : licking the surface upside down with the camera angled straight up your head

Last edited:

There are 3 landables in this system. Since this is not the base from the video we should search all three planets for more bases.

Top Bottom