INRA Base Discoveries

found this from first encounter journals. any way we can define the northern edge?

The Northern edge is now populated, during the missions for this you visit both Polaris (Thargoid ship base) and a system called Hotice (INRA Vaccine base). The first has always been permit locked and the second does not exist in the current Galaxy. Spend a good few hours last night trying to find it but the old Frontiers map has hardly anything in common with todays. I mean Maia is what I would class the wrong direction and no other systems seems to be in the same configuration.

Best part is, to rescue the data from Turner's Quest it sends you to Pleione :)

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
"They had been infected by a virus and a particular type of virus at that. It was known as the ‘Mycoid’ virus, and it was produced by humans. The Thargoid hyperdrive technology was rendered useless"

https://www.drewwagar.com/lore/elite-dangerous-lore-the-thargoids/

Maybe I should have been a bit clearer with my quoting but the Alioth wiki, which was originally quoted, mentions about taking the virus to the Thargoid homeworld which is not in Elite Dangerous lore. Also the remaining pockets weren't hunted down and destroyed (as far as we know)

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Elite_Dangerous_Timeline

Maybe I should have been a bit clearer with my quoting but the Alioth wiki, which was originally quoted, mentions about taking the virus to the Thargoid homeworld which is not in Elite Dangerous lore. Also the remaining pockets weren't hunted down and destroyed (as far as we know)

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Elite_Dangerous_Timeline

Most of that timeline is fan made. The only officially released timeline is the one that came with FE2: http://www.dream-ware.co.uk/frontier/books/gazetteer/

I searched another 18 to 20 stars and all bodies last night for any Listening Posts. Most systems I checked were uninhabited. Nothing so far. This region was likely quite heavily scoured for Listening Posts back during the Generation Ship hunt, so unless Frontier dropped in a new one with the 2.4 release, I'm likely covering well worn ground.

If there is/was a mission or listening post that pointed to this, it apparently wasn't obvious enough as that wasn't how it was found. So you could still argue it wasn't a great gameplay experience.
TBH I'm still not clear on how exactly the particular system and planet was identified.

I still do not know how it was located, either. Very much like the recently discovered old Thargoid wreck, which exhibits Mycoid contamination. Both of these discoveries are connected by place and time, but if there has been some linkage which directed us toward them, I haven't seen it yet.

I searched another 18 to 20 stars and all bodies last night for any Listening Posts. Most systems I checked were uninhabited. Nothing so far. This region was likely quite heavily scoured for Listening Posts back during the Generation Ship hunt, so unless Frontier dropped in a new one with the 2.4 release, I'm likely covering well worn ground.

I still do not know how it was located, either. Very much like the recently discovered old Thargoid wreck, which exhibits Mycoid contamination. Both of these discoveries are connected by place and time, but if there has been some linkage which directed us toward them, I haven't seen it yet.

Thanks for the search.

Even if we don't find some bread crumbs, it is still something. We know now that we don't need to search listening posts there.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Most of that timeline is fan made. The only officially released timeline is the one that came with FE2: http://www.dream-ware.co.uk/frontier/books/gazetteer/

True, but I was adding it as it appears there wasn't enough confirmation in the previous lore page I linked that not all the events of FE2 and FFE are lore in Elite Dangerous. It's a very important point that people need to realise before running headlong off chasing dead leads. If I could find the Mike Brookes interview I'd link that.

Can't vouch for the INRA site, but I found the Thargoid Scout wreck on my own by following clues. Sort of. I think part of the disovery might be down to a bug in the game where if you scan one site in a system, you will get markers for others added to your left-hand panel (have we confirmed that this is in fact a bug?)

Anyway there's a decent breadcrumb trail that leads you close to the scout crash:

The survey vessel Victoria's Song is in HIP 17125, in orbit near the crash site of the scout. I found Victoria's Song by following the signal match from a Listening Post in Pleiades IH-V c2-5, which I visited because it is one of the systems mentioned in GalNet as having been hit by Thargoid attacks (and there are indeed additional points of interest to be found in the system which are directly related to the GalNet article). The Listening Post points to HIP 17125, and if you fly around and scan (or at least approach within 1000ls) every planet in the system, which I always do; you'll eventually find Victoria's Song. After I finished up at Victoria's Song, I noticed the Crash Site as a POI on my left-hand panel, so I flew there and found it. Now, if its appearance on my left-hand panel was due to a bug and hence not an intentional part of the game's flow; I have no idea how anyone was supposed to find it. To the best of my knowledge there are no listening posts or other in-game clues which point to the crash site specifically.

Last edited:
Can't vouch for the INRA site, but I found the Thargoid Scout wreck on my own by following clues. Sort of. I think part of the disovery might be down to a bug in the game where if you scan one site in a system, you will get markers for others added to your left-hand panel (have we confirmed that this is in fact a bug?)

Anyway there's a decent breadcrumb trail that leads you close to the scout crash:

Excellent, thanks. I'll follow down that trail on my next session!

The survey vessel Victoria's Song is in HIP 17125, in orbit near the crash site of the scout. I found Victoria's Song by following the signal match from a Listening Post in Pleiades IH-V c2-5, which I visited because it is one of the systems mentioned in GalNet as having been hit by Thargoid attacks (and there are indeed additional points of interest to be found in the system which are directly related to the GalNet article). The Listening Post points to HIP 17125, and if you fly around and scan (or at least approach within 1000ls) every planet in the system, which I always do; you'll eventually find Victoria's Song. After I finished up at Victoria's Song, I noticed the Crash Site as a POI on my left-hand panel, so I flew there and found it. Now, if its appearance on my left-hand panel was due to a bug and hence not an intentional part of the game's flow; I have no idea how anyone was supposed to find it. To the best of my knowledge there are no listening posts or other in-game clues which point to the crash site specifically.

Great was wondering how that was found too!

Now that seems like a decent quest chain. Thanks for posting it.

Top Bottom