INRA Base Discoveries

I got murder by a CMDR so and so, in a Anaconda for fun he said. I had just relog in, sitting in my ASP X about to take off.

Fun he said...I don't get it, had nothing valuable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got murder by a CMDR so and so, in a Anaconda for fun he said. I had just relog in, sitting in my ASP X about to take off.

Fun he said...I don't get it, had nothing valuable.
He's just a common bully. Ignore him, visit the bases in solo or PG - no more 'Anaconda for fun' moments. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's time like that when I wish I was in one of my combat ship.

Anyway, interesting crash site, there was another CMDR there when I arrived, at least he waved back.

Just an observation: I am at Taylor Keep (base 10). It is well hidden, You have to approach it from the right direction.
Near the base there are non-persistent POIs with silos digged into the ground that have the same markings as INRA silos with Myocid. AR-9... , 23 FH 32... First I thought it is a common tag for this kind of objects, but the same markings are on tall cylinders on a platforms in INRA bases. Go figure...

Edit: unless the same asset was reused with altered height, width and positioning.

Nice touch on the landing pad - markings for 2 Cobras to land at once.

Last edited:
"The important thing is to play up the whole 'saving humanity' angle. Make him feel like a hero. That should stop him asking too many questions.And if everything goes wrong, we can just pin the blame on him."

"I know some men wouldn't want to admit they'd killed thousands of sentient beings. I guess... I guess the guys back at base think they're doing me a favour by burying me out here in the black. Personally, I'd rather people knew what happened. Even if I didn't come out of it looking too good."

Gagging slightly.... they were obviously at war and the man would have had a heroes welcome...Just wow. All i can say is the ship was probably disabled by alliance spies (I suspect they doctored the logs as well - it sounds like their kind of tripe)

"The important thing is to play up the whole 'saving humanity' angle. Make him feel like a hero. That should stop him asking too many questions.And if everything goes wrong, we can just pin the blame on him."

"I know some men wouldn't want to admit they'd killed thousands of sentient beings. I guess... I guess the guys back at base think they're doing me a favour by burying me out here in the black. Personally, I'd rather people knew what happened. Even if I didn't come out of it looking too good."

Gagging slightly.... they were obviously at war and the man would have had a heroes welcome...Just wow. All i can say is the ship was probably disabled by alliance spies (I suspect they doctored the logs as well - it sounds like their kind of tripe)

I doubt any Alliance spies were involved. This happened a hundred years before the Alliance was founded. :D

Just paying my respects to Cmdr Jameson

1GWLvP7.png

Being quite far away from the bubble already, I just listened to the posts via YT - both the story and the voice acting is top notch, quality stuff!

I'm really looking forward where all this will lead!

Awesome work commanders! Respect for finding all these with so few infos. Hope this trail will bring farther.

I may start my pilgrimage soon. For the best time/immershun ratio, would you go from base 1 to Jameson, or only a select few?

Awesome work commanders! Respect for finding all these with so few infos. Hope this trail will bring farther.

I may start my pilgrimage soon. For the best time/immershun ratio, would you go from base 1 to Jameson, or only a select few?

Personally I'd thoroughly recommend visiting all 10 (so far) INRA bases in order (and then the Jameson crash). They're all incredibly atmospheric places and the story you get from the audio logs follows a narrative from beginning to end. If it's not too late I'd also recommend not reading or listening to the logs in advance, just open the OP of this thread, get the list of locations and unravel the story for yourself. My previous screenshot marks the end of my own pilgramage and it's been quite a journey.

Personally I'd thoroughly recommend visiting all 10 (so far) INRA bases in order (and then the Jameson crash). They're all incredibly atmospheric places and the story you get from the audio logs follows a narrative from beginning to end. If it's not too late I'd also recommend not reading or listening to the logs in advance, just open the OP of this thread, get the list of locations and unravel the story for yourself. My previous screenshot marks the end of my own pilgramage and it's been quite a journey.

I've done 1-8 and then visited the thargoid scout ship to see the virus' handiwork, then onto 9, 10 and the Jameson Crash site. Mind you that's a bit like telling everyone the best way to watch star wars is 4, 5, 1(optional), 2, 3, 6, Rogue One and 7.:D

Thanks Alec. I didn't spoil myself apart from looking at screenshots.

Good man! I suggest you make your pilgramage sooner rather than later 'cos the forums and Youtube are rife with spoilers (some of my own posts included - sorry).

Highly suggested (if you are not long way) to visit the site and listen to the logs yourself in the ambience.

Is there a genuine start-point for the INRA trail?

I'd like to start at the beginning and unfold it myself without reading all the spoilers.

There about 4 themes in the story:

- INRA doing general experiments
- INRA doing Mycoid experiments and development
- INRA doing experiments with live thargoids.
- INRA doing the unthinkable

You can go and scan them all and then I would suggest this playlist (you can find base numbers and locations on first page):

- Base 1 - Technology Testing
- Base 2 - Whisteblower
- Base 5 - Pesticides
- Base 4 - Project Mycoid
- Base 6 - Vaccine
- Base 7 - Reverse Engineered
- Base 3 - History will Decide
- Base 9 - Living Specimen
- Base 8 - Watching the Sky
- Base 10 - Our all Hopes
- JJ-386 Cobra - CMDR John Jameson Logs

Could maybe be a better order for 1 or 2 bases but I think this covers it very nicely.

Last edited:
There about 4 themes in the story:

- INRA doing general experiments
- INRA doing Mycoid experiments and development
- INRA doing experiments with live thargoids.
- INRA doing the unthinkable

You can go and scan them all and then I would suggest this playlist (you can find base numbers and locations on first page):

- Base 1 - Technology Testing
- Base 2 - Whisteblower
- Base 5 - Pesticides
- Base 4 - Project Mycoid
- Base 6 - Vaccine
- Base 7 - Reverse Engineered
- Base 3 - History will Decide
- Base 9 - Living Specimen
- Base 8 - Watching the Sky
- Base 10 - Our all Hopes
- JJ-386 Cobra - CMDR John Jameson Logs

Could maybe be a better order for 1 or 2 bases but I think this covers it very nicely.

So there isn't actually an in-game trail to follow - just out-of-game spoilers?

So there isn't actually an in-game trail to follow - just out-of-game spoilers?

2 leads to 1 & 3, then onto 4, 5, 6 - these can all be done in-game

7 onwards are found by their own Unregistered Comms Beacons - difficult to find in order, I imagine they were switched on by FD in order. No idea how JJ was found other than luck.

Edit: The FAQ lists the UCB and base locations if you want to track down the UCB (doesn't contain any spoilers that I recall - INRA section is near top): https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...Thargoid-FAQ?p=5952095&viewfull=1#post5952095

Last edited:
2 leads to 1 & 3, then onto 4, 5, 6

7 onwards are found by their own Unregistered Comms Beacons - difficult to find in order, I imaging they were switched on by FD in order. No idea how JJ was found other than luck.

Thanks - I'll start with Base 2 then and see if I can figure it out.
I suppose Base 2 was found 'randomly'.

Thanks - I'll start with Base 2 then and see if I can figure it out.
I suppose Base 2 was found 'randomly'.

Well, one theory is that a naughty CMDR somehow listened to the Base 2 message by finding the audio files for site 2, and then 'suggested' the base 1 system for searching - I doubt we will ever know.

Top Bottom