INRA Base Discoveries

Out of interest - is the general consensus that now the 10 INRA base finds have lead to the discovery of CMDR Jameson's crashed Cobra, that is the end of the INRA base search/finds?

Out of interest - is the general consensus that now the 10 INRA base finds have lead to the discovery of CMDR Jameson's crashed Cobra, that is the end of the INRA base search/finds?

I think not - there's still a gap between the end of the JJ mission and the GCS Sarasvati logs monitoring for Thargoids returning. I was hoping for another base reporting on what happened after the attack - what happened to the Hive ship, maybe hinting what the Thargoids are now looking for - what did we take?

But the INRA stuff seemed planned over several weeks, and nothing found for a while - so either we're missing a clue or I'm wrong - I still have hope.

I think not - there's still a gap between the end of the JJ mission and the GCS Sarasvati logs monitoring for Thargoids returning. I was hoping for another base reporting on what happened after the attack - what happened to the Hive ship, maybe hinting what the Thargoids are now looking for - what did we take?

But the INRA stuff seemed planned over several weeks, and nothing found for a while - so either we're missing a clue or I'm wrong - I still have hope.

I’m still looking! :O

Usually someone stumbles over an Unregistred Comms Beacon.
Positions themself near it. And wait for it to send its message. Usually once every hour. Sometimes once every 6 hours so the wait can be loooooong.
Then they record the message so they can hear it a few times. Then fly to the system and base mentioned and starts searching the planet the base should be on. Can take weeks before they find it.

Thats pretty much it...

Oh right.. I need to keep an eye out for a commas beacon. Do these just appear on the list, or do you have to fly close to a planet

Thanks. I think there are more bases if you listen to the logs from the one at hip 12099 1a where they used mycoid on live thargoids, it suggests there are more. It doesn't seem like its a final base

Makes sense. I've been searching systems <30ly from the Jameson crash site system today. Thinking that there might (slim chance?) be something to find in the vicinity, assuming CMDR Jameson hadn't gone too far from where he delivered the payload. His crash site should be along the path to/from the INRA base at 12 Trianguli to/from wherever his mission was ... assuming he started in 12 Trianguli and was on his way back there before the fatal 'automation' kicked in ...

Last edited:
Makes sense. I've been searching systems <30ly from the Jameson crash site system today. Thinking that there might (slim chance?) be something to find in the vicinity, assuming CMDR Jameson hadn't gone too far from where he delivered the payload. His crash site should be along the path to/from the INRA base at 12 Trianguli to/from wherever his mission was ... assuming he started in 12 Trianguli and was on his way back there before the fatal 'automation' kicked in ...

I took the opposite tack & thought there might be another base or two near to Lave since that was the old GalCop HQ (& I was also looking for Equinox/Thunderchild clues). Searched all systems within 30ly for either LP or UCB (apart from permit-locked Isinor but some Cmdrs have the permit & haven’t reported any); found nothing apart from those already documented. Might need to await the results of Canonn’s search within 200ly of Sol- good luck to the searchers, that’s an awful lot of systems!

This is 111 pages long, so I apologize that this has likely been mentioned before:

The Longitude coordinates for Base 10 are not accurate enough, and on that size of a planet, it's far enough off that someone might not find it.

The OP shows 130.6 - actual coordinates are 130.66. I haven't done the math, but rough guess is a 3k-5k difference in location. That extra digit (in this case) can be very important, especially if someone is there at the wrong time of day, and the valley that the base sits in is in darkness. It does indeed get quite dark.

Thanks to everyone who searched for these - everyone benefits from your efforts.

Riôt

Last edited:
Usually someone stumbles over an Unregistred Comms Beacon.
Positions themself near it. And wait for it to send its message. Usually once every hour. Sometimes once every 6 hours so the wait can be loooooong.
Then they record the message so they can hear it a few times. Then fly to the system and base mentioned and starts searching the planet the base should be on. Can take weeks before they find it.

Thats pretty much it...

Darn it. I have found a few of these beacons and considered them to be nothing but scenery.
I guess I don't like reading books about a game. I just want to play it.

I have a theory that alien stuff is located on small moons that are in dual orbit with closeby moons. Hence I flew and landed on 5E and 5E a as they're the only landable dual moons in system.
Found a big Mountain But fell asleep and bashed the hull to 22% so went away to get fixed up. The mysteries remain.

Just paying my respects to Cmdr Jameson

Was elsewhere at the time, so paying my respects now.
gLCzp7M.jpg

Top Bottom