Inspired by EVEonline

I was watching a videoclip about eveonline particularly the emphasis on PvP and I was suddenly inspired by a potentially MASSIVE change to Elite Dangerous:

Once a player hits 5 billion credits (or whatever) the game invites them to create their own empire. If the player agrees, the game transports them to a seperate unchartered part of the universe where the player can start building an empire using a mixture of NPCs and player invites. Game gives the player a time limit (maybe 1 month) during which time they buildup their empire using NPC and human players, understand the rival (player) empires and develop defense and attack assets. After the time limit expires, the player's empire is fully exposed to attacks from rival human-created empires, basically PvP empire wars.

I think this change, whilst massive will change the entire dynamics of the game and give it much needed longevity

BTW I can never understand why game developers don't create ingame advertising. The capability is there, as the gamer enters a space station they are surrounded by fictional adverts so why doesn't frontier offer realworld advertising instead?

BTW I can never understand why game developers don't create ingame advertising. The capability is there, as the gamer enters a space station they are surrounded by fictional adverts so why doesn't frontier offer realworld advertising instead?
Jeeez....
Because that's what I'm trying to escape when playing games?

Ads in free game I could understand maybe, but in game I bought??

Anarchy Online went down that route for a while.

The last time I play ED is when I see an add for coca cola when I dock my ship, so maybe that's a good reason not to go down that route.

I was watching a videoclip about eveonline particularly the emphasis on PvP and I was suddenly inspired by a potentially MASSIVE change to Elite Dangerous:

Once a player hits 5 billion credits (or whatever) the game invites them to create their own empire. If the player agrees, the game transports them to a seperate unchartered part of the universe where the player can start building an empire using a mixture of NPCs and player invites. Game gives the player a time limit (maybe 1 month) during which time they buildup their empire using NPC and human players, understand the rival (player) empires and develop defense and attack assets. After the time limit expires, the player's empire is fully exposed to attacks from rival human-created empires, basically PvP empire wars.

I think this change, whilst massive will change the entire dynamics of the game and give it much needed longevity
I think this change, while completely beyond the scope of the engine that the game uses, would turn this game into Eve Online. Why bother when you can just go play Eve Online?

As a former/still irregular EVE player of >10 years....

Last edited:

Indeed, a potentially MASSIVE change to Elite Dangerous. MASSIVE, in the sense that it makes for a completely different game requiring a completely different engine and appealing to a completely different player base.

Lestat

Banned

Then best to go play eve. This game is called Elite Dangerous Not Eve Dangerous.

The game could offer "solo", inwhich the gamer competes against NPC empires (including thargoid empires)....or "Open" against human players and NPCs (including thargoid empires). I think it could be fun

Top Bottom