Interconnectable Stations

I think this was posted and asked long ago, but now that the game is finally reaching an acceptable level...

Can we please get some more love for the rides? Specially interconnectable stations for Gyrospheres and Jurassic Tour? I still hope the new Park Drive will have this feature, but if not, definitively needs it or, at least, stops.

pmowjz8za3141.png

Also, for anyone that might argue this would break game mechanics, I'll tell you I would be totally fine if this would at least be a Sandbox option (better to have it anywhere, but if anything...)

Seeing as how monorail stations can connect to each other, I don't see why gyrophere stations, jurassic tour stations, or park tour stations connecting to each other should break anything or be outside normal game mechanics. The only thing I can think of is that it might confuse the game regarding transport ratings if one ride has multiple exit/entry points.

Seeing as how monorail stations can connect to each other, I don't see why gyrophere stations, jurassic tour stations, or park tour stations connecting to each other should break anything or be outside normal game mechanics. The only thing I can think of is that it might confuse the game regarding transport ratings if one ride has multiple exit/entry points.

I agree with that too, but some people have argued in the past that it might cause problems. Idk about it, although I'd bet it wouldn't.

Yes. This is a must. Specially now with the park tour in the JP era.

As I've said, I still hope this tuesday proves Park Drive far greater than any other attraction, but I'm not totally confident. For what I've saw in the vids posted so far, it will still run as a continuous circuit out and back...

However, the fact that the movie version in which it is inspired placed a bathroom just by the rail in front of the Rex Paddock tells me the original Tour at least had some stops planned; so I was hoping they could be used to link with other roads of the Park through different stations. But given that those small bathrooms are just sceneary items with no function...

Yeah, that's true. I have no idea how transport rating will work in the JP era without the monorail.

Tbh I'm currently fearing it might have been taken away: with so little buildings in the JP, maybe some features were just pruned? I mean, there is no JP restaurant that we know of, isn't there? There is also no arcade/bowling/whatever... unless the Park Drive provides fun?

I would make sense that the Park Drive has a Fun rating, just like the truck tour in JW era. I still think we haven't seen all the buildings available in RtJP. Remember the hatchery wasn't present in the Enclosure tab during the mission 1 vídeos, but we know it's in the DLC.

I would make sense that the Park Drive has a Fun rating, just like the truck tour in JW era. I still think we haven't seen all the buildings available in RtJP. Remember the hatchery wasn't present in the Enclosure tab during the mission 1 vídeos, but we know it's in the DLC.
The hatchery isn’t really a good example. In the DLC's campaign, the Arrival Helipad functions both as the arrival point and hatchery.

I believe the main way of solving the transportation issue in Jurassic Park mode will be to minimise the amount of space needed for the resort and using the fancy path.

The hatchery isn’t really a good example. In the DLC's campaign, the Arrival Helipad functions both as the arrival point and hatchery.

I believe the main way of solving the transportation issue in Jurassic Park mode will be to minimise the amount of space needed for the resort and using the fancy path.

This makes sense to some extent. However, wouldn't this obliterate a whole management feature?

Still think adding stops/interconnect the stations is the best way to solve it :)

I'd like to think that if Frontier were exploring this improvement, then even if it did confuse the game at a point, they would be smart enough to limit the number ride stations that were placeable, even if it was just 2 or 3 stations it would give us the ability to have a totally different type of ride through the park (it would certainly make building on some of the more restricted maps more appealing). In addition to this it would be good if they could allow the tour gates to open for the ranger teams too. I'm not really a fan of having to put 3x gates next to each other in some enclosures 1 for where the ride enters, 1 for where it exits and another for the ranger team. In view this would be both a functional and aesthetic improvement to how our parks can be laid out.

I just realized I somehow failed to post this on the Feature Request forum... if any moderator reads this, please...

I'd like to think that if Frontier were exploring this improvement, then even if it did confuse the game at a point, they would be smart enough to limit the number ride stations that were placeable, even if it was just 2 or 3 stations it would give us the ability to have a totally different type of ride through the park (it would certainly make building on some of the more restricted maps more appealing). In addition to this it would be good if they could allow the tour gates to open for the ranger teams too. I'm not really a fan of having to put 3x gates next to each other in some enclosures 1 for where the ride enters, 1 for where it exits and another for the ranger team. In view this would be both a functional and aesthetic improvement to how our parks can be laid out.

If I could give one thousand likes to this, I would. Yes, door management is also something to sharpen.

Not long ago, while working on my Isla Pena, I found the absurd situation of having to place two gyrosphere gates and a regular one, resulting in the need to move back the fence and widen it...

I can understand to some extent that gyrosphere gate won't work for rangers, but Jurassic Tour's definitively should.

I think making the tour paths crossable of one another is a more important feature than connecting the stations. Because at the end of the day you would still have to make a complete circle because you cant cross over an already laid tour path.

But if they allowed you to END a tour by connecting to a different station that could help and be cool.

If you want rest stops i think they need a whole new rest stop station. The vehicles stop in the stop station zone which can be connected to a path the visitors can exit the vehicles and walk down the path to a bathroom or shops before returning to continue the tour. It would require a lot of programing to get the ai guest to leave and vehicle and then get back into after a set time though. Not to mention it would stall the other tours. The rest station would have to be really big so several seperate tours could stop. I dont see us getting all that.

So I'd settle for letting us cross paths or assinging a station as an End Only station.

I think making the tour paths crossable of one another is a more important feature than connecting the stations. Because at the end of the day you would still have to make a complete circle because you cant cross over an already laid tour path.

But if they allowed you to END a tour by connecting to a different station that could help and be cool.

If you want rest stops i think they need a whole new rest stop station. The vehicles stop in the stop station zone which can be connected to a path the visitors can exit the vehicles and walk down the path to a bathroom or shops before returning to continue the tour. It would require a lot of programing to get the ai guest to leave and vehicle and then get back into after a set time though. Not to mention it would stall the other tours. The rest station would have to be really big so several seperate tours could stop. I dont see us getting all that.

So I'd settle for letting us cross paths or assinging a station as an End Only station.

Well, I have to agree that making paths crosseable would also be a great feature, but I cannot really see how this would be better than interconnected stations.

On the one side, it's bound to cause a whole lot troubles over the inner working of the code, I imagine, because every path should keep track of how many times it crosses over itself and which others do that too, and how many times, among other things.

Anyway, allowing certain stations to be treated as stops or interconnect could work just the same in helping design more complex rides and also liberating most of the map from the need of monorail every few feet. I don't think there would be need for crossing paths, then, unless for different attractions (say, Gyrosphere over JT).

I agree on the resting stops, and that's also why I would settle with at least interconnectable stations, even if only two of them can be connected at a time it would add so much to the game.

Also, there is virtually no guest AI whatsoever, so resting stops wouldn't work anyway.

One relatively simple thing I'd like to see with the tours is the ability to cross guest paths in some way. It seems like it should be simple enough, with guests already being pushed out of the way by vehicles. Preferably I'd want something a little more aesthetically pleasing, like a railway crossing or a bridge that snaps to the path, like the gates to the fences, but I'd still be happy with a no thrills intersection.

I've been thinking about this and I have to say if anything I would want them to make it so if you're riding the tour and the vehicle reaches the end, you automatically jump into the next one starting a new tour. So you could make like a custom built dino safari screensaver. Getting kicked out to the overhead view whenever a vehicle finishes the route is lame. Just a thought.

I've been thinking about this and I have to say if anything I would want them to make it so if you're riding the tour and the vehicle reaches the end, you automatically jump into the next one starting a new tour. So you could make like a custom built dino safari screensaver. Getting kicked out to the overhead view whenever a vehicle finishes the route is lame. Just a thought.

Obviously, when the vehicle reaches the second stations you could go out, but ideally you just wait still, monorail like, until it goes back from the other side to the first station. That was my thought, anyway.

Obviously, when the vehicle reaches the second stations you could go out, but ideally you just wait still, monorail like, until it goes back from the other side to the first station. That was my thought, anyway.

This is something I would like to see implemented, especially if doing the sandbox thing in the Jurassic Park era (since, you know, no monorails).

This is something I would like to see implemented, especially if doing the sandbox thing in the Jurassic Park era (since, you know, no monorails).

You know, after watching on vids how the Tour come out and you can't even change the direction the vehicles move, I think this is way more needed. It is just a hell figuring out a nice layout for most things on a planned Park having to deal with that path-laying, even on paper (I just don't think I feel patient enough to actually get the dlc and add terrain constraints to the equation omg).

Top Bottom