Ok. So I just got back from a 1,000 ly exploration trip, headed to wolf 397 to the trophy camp, and suddenly I was notified by the federation Navy ship that I was being "interdicted under military rules of engagement." My first question is; what does that mean? My second question is; I am allied with the federation, so why is a federation ship interdicting me? Anyway, I wasn't curious enough to find out,as I had 4 hours + worth of exploration data within my ships computer and as per prior experience with being interdicted, didn't want to take that chance of being attacked and losing my data. So what was that all about?

War state. Navy ships will interdict you and, if they haven't changed the scenario, just fly off and do nothing.

War state. Navy ships will interdict you and, if they haven't changed the scenario, just fly off and do nothing.

So if I had submitted to the interdiction I would have been ok? I'll admit it has been a few months since I played ED, since before chapter 4 so I'm just hearing about this war. I guess I'll have to read up about what's going on. I feel like I've just returned from a 100,000 ly trip and am out of the loop if what's going on in the populated part of the Galaxy.

The war was/is limited to the system you transited (though there are plenty of other systems that are at war and you may be interdicted at those locales as well).

Nothing out of the ordinary, just submit and wake out as soon as you drive is on line, the sequence is just another of those random time sinks that happen.

I sometimes get the urge to obliterate the idiot NPC for wasting my time.[mad]

So if I had submitted to the interdiction I would have been ok? I'll admit it has been a few months since I played ED, since before chapter 4 so I'm just hearing about this war. I guess I'll have to read up about what's going on. I feel like I've just returned from a 100,000 ly trip and am out of the loop if what's going on in the populated part of the Galaxy.

If you are interdicted by Security ships and are not doing or carrying anything illegal they will just turn around and fly away. I shot up a couple of them and got bounties on me before I realized this. o7

I normally get one or two of these a session, in fact two of the three times I have been interdicted whilst using the FSS has been by the Navy. Easiest way to think of it is to consider it a driver's licence check or random breath test of today. You know your licence is valid, you know you haven't been drinking and you know this will be a waste of your time. But you pull to the side of the road anyway and go through the motions with Constable Plod. One minute later you are on your way, no harm done.

Oh I don't think the system has to be in a war state, I know I have been pulled over in a Boom system and like Commander Rrobes stated, just submit and as soon as your FSD has cooled down, low wake out. I don't think the Navy even scan you but I would bet if you fought the interdiction then you would get interdicted again pretty soon ;)

I normally get one or two of these a session, in fact two of the three times I have been interdicted whilst using the FSS has been by the Navy. Easiest way to think of it is to consider it a driver's licence check or random breath test of today. You know your licence is valid, you know you haven't been drinking and you know this will be a waste of your time. But you pull to the side of the road anyway and go through the motions with Constable Plod. One minute later you are on your way, no harm done.

Oh I don't think the system has to be in a war state, I know I have been pulled over in a Boom system and like Commander Rrobes stated, just submit and as soon as your FSD has cooled down, low wake out. I don't think the Navy even scan you but I would bet if you fought the interdiction then you would get interdicted again pretty soon ;)

Fight the interdiction as in not submit? I escaped interdiction and jumped out of the system immediately. Would it be best to just submit next time? I was just afraid because I had days of exploration data on my computer and didn't want to get destroyed and lose it. Every interdiction I've been involved in ended badly for one side or the other.

This is extremely annoying when it happens while in FSS, also most exploration ships can't boost away because their distributor is downgraded as much as possible.

This is extremely annoying when it happens while in FSS, also most exploration ships can't boost away because their distributor is downgraded as much as possible.
I'm flying an anaconda. I know I know, but out of the other ships I've flown, the conda is the best on fuel vs distance. I've been able to go about 15+ systems at around 22 lys per jump before having to refuel. My rebuy cost is currently 11 million. Plus with all that exploration data, I wasn't willing to take that risk. So I evaded and ran. Next time though, I'll know. Next time....

Fight the interdiction as in not submit? I escaped interdiction and jumped out of the system immediately. Would it be best to just submit next time? I was just afraid because I had days of exploration data on my computer and didn't want to get destroyed and lose it. Every interdiction I've been involved in ended badly for one side or the other.

If you fight the interdiction and succeed, you don't need to flee the system. It doesn't charge you with a crime and you don't become wanted for escaping. The Navy ship conforms to the same rules as anyone failing an interdiction, they're dropped out of Supercruise with their FSD on cooldown.

You can do either one, you can fight it or submit.. either way nothing is going to happen to you if you're not wanted or carrying illegal cargo. It's nothing but an annoyance.

If you fight the interdiction and succeed, you don't need to flee the system. It doesn't charge you with a crime and you don't become wanted for escaping. The Navy ship conforms to the same rules as anyone failing an interdiction, they're dropped out of Supercruise with their FSD on cooldown.

You can do either one, you can fight it or submit.. either way nothing is going to happen to you if you're not wanted or carrying illegal cargo. It's nothing but an annoyance.

Makes me wonder why this is even a thing if there is no purpose other than to inconvenience us. Guess they wanted the game to feel similar to real life police officers pulling us over for a blinker light out. 😁

Makes me wonder why this is even a thing if there is no purpose other than to inconvenience us. Guess they wanted the game to feel similar to real life police officers pulling us over for a blinker light out. ��

It probably provides a little extra excitement for wanted players or players smugging cargo or illegal passengers.

Not really sure.. I always just found it annoying.

Makes me wonder why this is even a thing if there is no purpose other than to inconvenience us. Guess they wanted the game to feel similar to real life police officers pulling us over for a blinker light out. ��

They used to scan you for contraband. Which made sense because war states used to have missions for weapons and reactive armor. Somewhere along the line the scan got removed.

They used to scan you for contraband. Which made sense because war states used to have missions for weapons and reactive armor. Somewhere along the line the scan got removed.
That would make sense, during war time. But maybe they should scan first for contraband and then if found holding illegal cargo, an interdiction. But this guy just flat out interdicted me in the middle of an fss scan. No warning.

That would make sense, during war time. But maybe they should scan first for contraband and then if found holding illegal cargo, an interdiction. But this guy just flat out interdicted me in the middle of an fss scan. No warning.

That would require manifest scanners work in SC, but they don't. ;)

Top Bottom