Interesting little spot for 'original' Elite players - Tianve System

I had a bit of time yesterday to explore the galaxy map, mostly looking for some of the fiction referenced systems in game - it's great to see them all present in ED.

In the original Elite, in the top right corner of the first map (or chart) was a high tech system called Tianve. As I recall it was originally populated by blue-bony felines, but it was one of the few places in that part of the map you could buy military lasers and a galactic hyperspace jump.

I set a lot of my fan-fiction in and around this system.

Anyway, I was touring the 'Old Worlds', Lave, Diso, Leesti etc and eventually typed in Tianve and was surprised to discover it exists in Elite Dangerous.

I'm not sure why it's been put in, but it has to be a deliberate inclusion. I don't know if it was an oblique reference to my books, (if so I'm very humbled) but it opens the doors to the possibility that many other small nuggets from the original games may be buried in the new game, it may be worth searching.

I'm going to check Oresrati next - as that was a system in chart 8 that was dubbed 'the restaurant at the end of the universe' because you could galactic hyperspace into it, but you couldn't get out again because it was more than 7 light-years to the nearest star and the tech level was too low to buy a galactic hyperdrive. It was a real 'dead end'.

Anyway. Thanks Frontier for a nod to the original game, however it came about! Very happy original fan. :smilie:

Cheers,

Drew.

Oresrati just shows how a random universe is so uncaring.

Is such a place a bug? I hope FD don't sculpt the galaxy to make it a safer place.

Oresrati just shows how a random universe is so uncaring.

Is such a place a bug? I hope FD don't sculpt the galaxy to make it a safer place.

They did check the galaxies in the original game at some length looking for bad 'clumping' of systems and rude names! However, Oresrati was one that slipped through the net...

Cheers,

Drew.

I didn't know this, cute.

Who knew Elite had a game over state ;)

The only thing you could do is trade you ship and buy a farm.

And hope R&D scientists can develop new technologies.

Could be a cute expression for people who stop playing
"They went a bought a farm on Oresrati's"

I didn't know this, cute.

Who knew Elite had a game over state ;)

The only thing you could do is trade you ship and buy a farm.

And hope R&D scientists can develop new technologies.

Could be a cute expression for people who stop playing
"They went a bought a farm on Oresrati's"

I guess that sorta boosts the meaning of the phrase "bought the farm".

Tianve is definitely there.
Oresrati is not at present
Raxxla - it wouldn't be that easy. But David Braben told me personally that it is out there somewhere in ED.

Cheers,

Drew.

There will be commanders out there that will boldly go searching the infinity of space in a vain attempt to find Planet A*** :)

Top Bottom