Interesting thread on Reddit regarding Frontier's current attitude to the game and updates/DLC packs

Not saying I necessarily agree with everything here, but it certainly does some up a lot of the feelings people have towards Frontier at the moment regarding communication, updates, and the adding of requested features. The game currently has no (just to name a few):

-Gerstlauer Infinity
-Madhouse
-Path painting system
-WATERPARKS/SWIMMING POOLS
-Scare mazes
-Communication regarding bug fixes and updates to clunky, out-dated and much requested features
-QOL fixes

You can read the thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PlanetCoas...rontier_havent_added_things_people_have_been/

Very interesting.

Not saying I necessarily agree with everything here, but it certainly does some up a lot of the feelings people have towards Frontier at the moment regarding communication, updates, and the adding of requested features. The game currently has no (just to name a few):

-Gerstlauer Infinity
-Madhouse
-Path painting system
-WATERPARKS/SWIMMING POOLS
-Scare mazes
-Communication regarding bug fixes and updates to clunky, out-dated and much requested features
-QOL fixes

You can read the thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PlanetCoas...rontier_havent_added_things_people_have_been/

Very interesting.

Water parks are not happening. Frontier have said this many, many times.

Not that they have the obligation to reply to everything the community suggests, there have been quite a few instances where they've talked about some of those things (water parks, paths,...). It's just that some people don't take the time to have a look at the forums, for instance, or they haven't been able to find it. And then there are those who simply cannot accept that some things are working like intended and are quite useful once you get a hang of it (pathing tool).

I'm not that active in online gaming communities, but if I compare the communication from Frontier to the communication of other companies like EA or even smaller developers, I think they have been relatively clear and open really...

Not that they have the obligation to reply to everything the community suggests, there have been quite a few instances where they've talked about some of those things (water parks, paths,...). It's just that some people don't take the time to have a look at the forums, for instance, or they haven't been able to find it. And then there are those who simply cannot accept that some things are working like intended and are quite useful once you get a hang of it (pathing tool).

I'm not that active in online gaming communities, but if I compare the communication from Frontier to the communication of other companies like EA or even smaller developers, I think they have been relatively clear and open really...

Not going to defend their all surprise no transparency tactic of updates,but they do post when there are new updates arriving on their twitter and instagram and usually release a teser video on Youtube too[wink]

Companies such as EA do not do live streams, that is right. However, the value of information from Frontier´s streams is the same as if EA release a press release, rly... It´s just different format. However, they do not give out a lot of information with them. EA would release a DLC announcement showing some screenshots, trailer and some description of what to expect. Frontier just announce it vaguely and then slowly hyping the DLC until the relatively too loong live stream where they present it and say most info about it. If you ask me, it´s nice, but I do not like spending time watching streams, so I prefer a bit old fashioned announcements and communication. And in the end, when you think about it, you realize they are not more open than others...

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Transparency in a game company is not so good for Frontier in the sense that they don't want their biggest competitors knowing what they are working on. On the same subject about not knowing when updates are coming....they have to fix the problems first. They can't spontaneously say something is fixed DAYS before it's released and then something goes wrong with it.

All we can do is what for them to announce the next update.

REgarding the article I think Frontier has given us MANY MANY rides that the community has been asking for since I've been on the forum . I'm just a player like you but that's just my opinion.

Top Bottom