Work In Progress Interior Panel Set

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Just want to show my current WIP.

First of all keep in mind im a noob in moddeling so i work with pretty basic shapes. I also have to fiddle a lot with the coloring and roughness as im far from happy from how the items appear in game.

The idea itself is pretty much inspired by Disney and Efteling as both parks use a lot of panels for decoration. I guess because it's a very simple trick to make stuff look a bit more interesting. As you can see nearly everything is recolorable.

Im pretty happy about some stuff, a little less happy about some other stuff but nonetheless i want to show my WIP set. Please add your feedback so i can improve it or add items that suit the "pack".

9YLQxcA.jpg

Z8vrXuP.jpg

SNdeD8U.jpg

When I say, your interior walls remind me very much to parts of Shyguys Main Street Sets for RCT3, I mean it in a very positive way. Your Wallset looks great and we need definitively more of this kind of items in the game .

We can meanwhile add so many souvenirs to our shops. But what is a shop that looks inviting from the outside but looks like a garage sale from the inside. Keep it up!!

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Vampiro, this is amazing work!![woah][happy] What size of textures do you use for the 4x4 meter wallpapers?

Thanks a lot!! I always use texture size 1024x1024 Maybe i could do smaller but it reduces quality a lot. And most of the items are 2 - 2,5 Mb anyway :)

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
When I say, your interior walls remind me very much to parts of Shyguys Main Street Sets for RCT3, I mean it in a very positive way. Your Wallset looks great and we need definitively more of this kind of items in the game .

We can meanwhile add so many souvenirs to our shops. But what is a shop that looks inviting from the outside but looks like a garage sale from the inside. Keep it up!!

I consider it a big compliment if this set reminds you of Shyguys work for RCT3!! I was a big fan of his work back then and used it all the time.
I have to agree a bit with you here Spanky. I think we have a LOT of options to make great exteriors and beautifull buildings but it's still a struggle to make nice interiors.
That was probably one of my reasons why i started this set :)

I havent posted an update during the last week so it may look like im no longer working on the set but thats pretty far from the truth :D
Because im such a noob i made some stupid mistakes and realised i could do way better then what i already had so basically i started over again...

I have to work right now but i will post some updated pictures tonight.

I like the way you can/could use this set in so many different ways.

I really like the floor panel which is flexicolour I presume?

You might want to think about thin strips of metal within the flooring that could be flexicoloured (as part of the floor).

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
1LU9KVn.jpg

rIEtU18.jpg

0DGIfOr.jpg

Here is a small update to the set...

Only 2 pieces has been added since the last update. It doesn't sound like much but i updated all other items since they all had a weird white glare. That problem is fixed now so all items look way better then before.
To get a better idea of what i want to archive with this set i also added some shopstuff. The puzzle sets are already up for download in the workshop. The shirts however are not my work but they fitted so nicely i asked the designer (R3DMyst) if i could include them in the pictures. Thanks a lot :)

I think i will work on a ceiling next, since what is used in the picture doesn't really fit. Then i will see if i can do some more shelving / shopstuff :)
Sorry for the choices of color i used in my pictures. they might give you headaches ;) I just wanted to give them very distinctive colors to show which parts are recolorable.

If anyone has any suggestions what building parts could / should be added, dont hesitate to suggest !! :)

Link to R3DMysts workshop : Shirts
Link to my own workshop : Puzzles

Last edited:
I'm in love with your set. Especially the last picture gives me some ideas for a Candy Shop.

I do not know what idea you have for designing the ceiling, but perhaps you might consider designing a complete flat roof part instead of a simple surface, which would made it usable also for other buildings too.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I'm in love with your set. Especially the last picture gives me some ideas for a Candy Shop.

I do not know what idea you have for designing the ceiling, but perhaps you might consider designing a complete flat roof part instead of a simple surface, which would made it usable also for other buildings too.

Having a very simple flat roof is the easyest thing to do. But it might also look a bit boring.
I have some idea's in mind that might work but ofcourse i could -also- do a perfect flat roof.

Thanks for your huge compliment :D

Top Bottom