Internal/External or Left/Right Panel?

Yes it is, that's why I used the word optional. You seem to be attempting to debate a very simple point here. You yourself call them left, right, up & down, it just works.
Exactly, I don't need anyone to tell me what is left and right because I can see it.
If you really want you can add 'left', doesn't stop it from being a pretty pointless argument though.

Exactly, I don't need anyone to tell me what is left and right because I can see it.
If you really want you can add 'left', doesn't stop it from being a pretty pointless argument though.

Okay. I don't think it's pointless, that's why I wrote the post I wrote in September. You think it is pointless & yet responded to it. I am defending what I think is a good point. You don't have to agree with my view but I hope you will accept that it is my view & I felt it important enough to express it at the time.

Okay. I don't think it's pointless, that's why I wrote the post I wrote in September. You think it is pointless & yet responded to it. I am defending what I think is a good point. You don't have to agree with my view but I hope you will accept that it is my view & I felt it important enough to express it at the time.
Sure, I accept that you find pointless things important. ;)

Sure, I accept that you find pointless things important. ;)

I find good communication important. I don't think good communication is pointless. That you think it is pointless is acknowledged, but it seems a weak stance to take while questioning my view instead of simply ignoring it.

I find good communication important. I don't think good communication is pointless. That you think it is pointless is acknowledged, but it seems a weak stance to take while questioning my view instead of simply accepting it.
I do accept your view, I just don't agree with it which is what I told you. I find good communication important as well, I just don't think that your proposal adds anything to it.

I do accept your view, I just don't agree with it which is what I told you. I find good communication important as well, I just don't think that your proposal adds anything to it.

Okay. This feels like a personal attack, I don't know why. Maybe you should take a break & get involved in a discussion that's deeper than just expressing how little you care about a three month old post that the writer thinks is important enough to comment on.

Okay. This feels like a personal attack, I don't know why. Maybe you should take a break & get involved in a discussion that's deeper than just expressing how little you care about a three month old post that the writer thinks is important enough to comment on.
Well that's the problem, you see it as a personal attack that I disagree with you and you constantly misinterpret my posts. It's impossible to have a discussion on that basis.

So, one of the things we learned in the release livestream is that the panels we tend to call 'Left' and 'Right' in the HUD are now called 'Internal' and 'External'

View attachment 143188

These names make sense, and describe what they contain (never realised myself!). Should we start using these terms as well 🤔 All the 'oldies' know them as Left / Right, and I guess new people will also understand Left / Right ? (Plus 'Left' is less typing). I guess one of the problems with adding help is having to give names to things :)

Weren't they "System" and "Target" Panels for Right and Left respectively?

Hi there,

It actually goes a bit further than that, even... Historically, in general, the left side of the ship UI has been external and the right side has been internal.

Thanks,
Dom

I'm gobsmacked that I never noticed that.

Its like when I found out ship contacts are listed in decreasing size order in the left external panel after only several years of using it to select targets.

Top Bottom