Interstellar Factors - How to find?

sollisb

Banned
Got a 800cr bounty for stray shots and now stuck with an 800cr bounty.

I've gone to galaxy map; Selected Services; Then Selected Interstellar Factor only, and I do get some green dots.

How-ever, each one I check does not have any IF mentioned in any of the station info.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also I need a large pad, can I specify that?

<o

Got a 800cr bounty for stray shots and now stuck with an 800cr bounty.

I've gone to galaxy map; Selected Services; Then Selected Interstellar Factor only, and I do get some green dots.

How-ever, each one I check does not have any IF mentioned in any of the station info.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also I need a large pad, can I specify that?

<o

Nope you're doing it right. Head to that system (green dots); the stations should have an IF.

sollisb

Banned
Thanks guys. Does IF have to be listed in the Station Info in Galaxy map ? Or pick a green system and go to it ?

Nope you're doing it right. Head to that system (green dots); the stations should have an IF.
Worth noting is that while a system may be marked with a green dot, not all stations necessarily have an IF. My home system Wargis, for example has a green dot but none of the orbit stations has an IF. There is single planetary port is controlled by an anarchy faction, which should have the IF there, even without it being displayed in the base info. Always worth checking before wasting time on a futile search for the needle in the haystack.

Also, IF is called "broker network" in the list of station services. That's what you have to look for when checking station details in system map.

sollisb

Banned
Just Brilliant. I eventually find a station with a Broker Network and fly to planet and station and got refused docking. Apparently I'm a Criminal but not wanted in the system and able to use other stations...

Elite Dangerous: Beyond A Joke

This new system truly sucks.

Get rear ended by a wanted ship, pick up 600 credit fine and get half my ship destroyed now I have to F about finding a system the may actually want the 600 credits, to get rid of the bogus wanted.

One more nail in the coffin F Dev.

Just Brilliant. I eventually find a station with a Broker Network and fly to planet and station and got refused docking. Apparently I'm a Criminal but not wanted in the system and able to use other stations...

Elite Dangerous: Beyond A Joke

I was wondering when you'd start complaining. :D Anyway, it is really extremely simple. Go to an anarchy station -> pay bounty. Dont try to dock at a station you are wanted at. If you really, really dont get it, check the system map to see if you are wanted. The big bold capital WANTED indicates you are wanted. When in doubt ask on the forums. :p

As for large pads: anarchy system->literally any station. Honestly, you have been complaining ferociously for so long now, surely you must have figured out at least the very basics of the game by now? :S

Last edited:
I think in this case it is so simple Inara adds pretty much nothing to the in-game functions. No discredit to inara, its great!

Aha... but it does. Inara lists all the IF's by nearest to you to furthest away by system name, station type and name and includes distance from star to station. A lot easier than the 'guess what system the factor is in' method utilised by FDev in game.

It takes seconds to look up...far less time than it takes faffing around in the galaxy map looking for green dots that may or may not show up depending if you've visited the system or not. It was another poorly implemented and pointlessly punitive tool...namely adding a map filter that doesn't really work unless you fulfil some needlessly obtuse criteria.

If you have your Inara account linked to your log file...you don't even need to type your current system location in since it reads your location direct, in real time and automatically lists the locations. Not only IF's...but tech brokers by type, nearest, system and station, a complete list of materials for engineer and tech broker blueprints by module, type including special effects, a list of Engineers and exactly what they do and don't do and many, many other useful functions.

You're quite correct, Sleut...Inara is great...I'd go so far as to suggest it's almost indispensable as a complete E-D tool set :)

Last edited:
Aha... but it does. Inara lists all the IF's by nearest to you to furthest away by system name, station type and name and includes distance from star to station. A lot easier than the 'guess what system the factor is in' method utilised by FDev in game.

It takes seconds to look up...far less time than it takes faffing around in the galaxy map looking for green dots that may or may not show up depending if you've visited the system or not. It was another poorly implemented and pointlessly punitive tool...namely adding a map filter that doesn't really work unless you fulfil some needlessly obtuse criteria.

If you have your Inara account linked to your log file...you don't even need to type your current system location in since it reads your location direct, in real time and automatically lists the locations. Not only IF's...but tech brokers by type, nearest, system and station, a complete list of materials for engineer and tech broker blueprints by module, type including special effects, a list of Engineers and exactly what they do and don't do and many, many other useful functions.

You're quite correct, Sleut...Inara is great...I'd go so far as to suggest it's almost indispensable as a complete E-D tool set :)

I second that emotion. Linked INARA is my ship's computer upgrade. It's much easier to parse and manipulate the available data even when that data is actually available ingame.

The rule is, as far as I'm aware: Anarchy systems/stations always WILL have Interstellar Factors. Low security low population stations (mostly outposts) *may* have interstellar factors. The GalMap by itself is not always accurate. I don't think it will give you false positives but it will give you false negatives, so you may end up traveling further than you need to.

Top Bottom