ANNOUNCEMENT Interstellar Initiatives - Bridging the Gap Preview

I have no idea the hell Will is taking about....maybe its the swinging arms, like one of snow whites 7 dwarfs, that through me off.....

Some corporation is going to do something regarding guardians, there are pirates, its takes weeks to complete and there is going to be some undefined permanent benefit at the end? what?

Last edited:
I will be intrigued to see how this pans out. Sadly, as I am out towards the rim-ward edge of the Formadine Rift Sector, I seriously doubt I will be back in time to participate ;).

I have no idea the hell Will is taking about....maybe its the swinging arms, like one of snow whites 7 dwarfs, that through me off.....

Some corporation is going to do something regarding guardians, there are pirates, its takes weeks to complete and there is going to be some undefined permanent benefit at the end? what?

I diddnt get to the end of the vid. It was like when you have somone else behind you being your arms whislt you talk.

Ill keep an eye on what these become.

This is going to be great! I love how FDev is fixing the seemingly pointless Community Goals and allowing players to effect the sorry and the game itself.
I'm betting this will wash the taste of Gnosis away and provide some interesting politics with CMDRS for or against an Initiative, especially if you need to designate a side and stick with it for the duration. :cool:
I liked the taste of gnosis myself.

This sounds like a lot of rivalry/drama/salt is coming... great stuff and intrigued to see how it goes! :)
Of course there will be salt, and not that high quality Himalayan pink...

No, this will be dumped face first onto rocks by a huge wave salt, lol :p

From the video it seams that the II (Interstellar Initiatives) goal will be too have a Mega ship taxi built that will jump on a weekly cycle from the bubble to a planet that we choose then after a set time jump back to the bubble... this means landing on the mega ship before it jumps...
(From the video Only description to be confirmed at the start of the event)

It seams that there will be a rival side that want to Stop the mega ship being built to restrict the tech to those who are able to fly there manually to systems to get the tech. This will keep the tech as a restricted item...

what the Phases will be and how the mega ship event can fail will likely be announced on that monday...
Thank you I didn’t quite realise that’s what they where saying, I thought this mega ship would store guardian technology and so people could buy it but the idea of it jumping once a week sounds good

The mega ship from the video allready has a name on it...
cap_Incoming Transmission - Bridging the Gap_00:02:47_01.jpg
cap_Incoming Transmission - Bridging the Gap_00:02:54_04.jpg
cap_Incoming Transmission - Bridging the Gap_00:02:50_02.jpg

looks interesting. Some time ago I said that in my opinion E: D already has all the ingredients to build beautiful plots. What is missing is the recipe, and in my opinion FDEV should perhaps spend some extra money to hire a good "inventor of stories" instead of focusing too much on technical development.
May the Interstellar Initiatives be a first step in this direction, and where this is the case there would be premises for involving many people for a long time. Clearly the initiatives must be both challenging and significant. Challenging in the sense that they also contemplate the possibility of failure with consequences. Significant in the sense that they leave a relevant permanent mark in the development of the galaxy.
Finally, I would suggest avoiding leaving "hanging" plots, because they really give a sense of approximate work.

So a question for FDev:
What is there to prevent the CG fatigue we witnessed when unlocking the AX tech a while back?
How will these be different and keep people engaged?

So a question for FDev:
What is there to prevent the CG fatigue we witnessed when unlocking the AX tech a while back?
I imagine its the “permanent effect” they talked about, if people do nothing then a bad turn out may happen E.G. the destruction of a star or making it harder to gather materials or worse synthesis options. I imagine the more people who help the greater the positive effect of this narrative story line so it would be within the interest of players to get the best possible outcome that will stick.

So a question for FDev:
CG fatigue happened (as I remember it) because the whole thing was

Week1: "This week collect stuff for new weapons".
Week2: "This week collect stuff for new weapons".
Week3: "This week collect stuff for new weapons".
etc

Hopefully there will be more variety in the new content.

Many will be too salty to take part, but they get their content in grumbling loudly on here about how they were excluded, and how the game is dead, and they don't play any more anyway - horses 4 courses :)

it would be within the interest of players to get the best possible outcome that will stick.
IMHO the best possible outcome depends on the player my policy with the goids is work for peace, prepare for war so if the option is between attempting peace and going to war then I will push peace and if the option is between defensive and offensive equipment then I will push for the outcome that gives defensive equipment, I'm sure that there are some people who disagree with me, but that is how I am dealing with them at the minute, if however, they manage to reduce the source of one repair material to one station in the bubble then I'M COMING.
I---|===-- - -

How is this new Initiative different from the regular old bog-standard Community Goals in ANY way? This appears to be exactly the same thing as the old CGs but with a different name.

What am I missing here?

How is this new Initiative different from the regular old bog-standard Community Goals in ANY way? This appears to be exactly the same thing as the old CGs but with a different name.

What am I missing here?

Chained events with an overarching narrative. For more details they gave the date in the OP.

What am I missing here?
Example of Old vs new system from the video the II can actualy fail in the CGs the targets were so low that even tier 1 was a completion

New
We get to choose were the mega ship would be traveling to...
Old
we have zero say and the ships fixed were Fdev wanted with no choice for the users the mega ship was purely F-dev choice

According to the video
New =we can opose the mega ship company and back a rival group which from the video would cause the mega ship to fail..
Old = there was no way to stop the other mega ships from being built only failure of people to turn up resulted in failure..
New = the rival faction if successful will get the tech and the mega ship will never be built or jump because the rival faction got the funding not them...

In the OLD CG for mega ship there was never a counter group there was only bounty hunting...
CGs were a single fixed action for a week with bonus credits... they haven't been linked to any thing for years that eefects the galaxy in a big way most mega ships built by the last CG just sit in system doin nothing...
This one would from the video insure you don't need to jump 2000Ly to get to a planet again to get the tech...

Last edited:
The big problem with the old community goals was they were all about getting a "thing".

Problem was. You either got involved and got a part of the "thing". Or you didn't, and still got the part of the "thing". They couldn't really make anything part of the CG too advantageous, or all the people who didn't get the "thing" would be annoyed. And that would make the game all about the "thing", as you'd essentially have to play it that way to get the amazingsupergun or unbreakableshieldofpower because, if you didn't, then everyone with those "things" would have an unassailable advantage. And anyone who's played games for more than a few years knows where that leads. IE, nowhere good.

FDev is already working on making guardian tech more available. Look at the latest news. Ram Tah plans to work with Aegis.
What he said he was NOT going to do several months ago.

Top Bottom