Interstellar map

Thwarptide

Banned
Today I was making some big kabooms in my NPC playground. Those pirates just fear and loathe me.
During battle at a hires, I was hammering the hull of an Anaconda. He was wanted and elite. Just when he made kaboom, I looked down & the faction security guys were red and tried to make me kaboom. I suppose I nicked one more than be cared for. Idiots, I'M LEADING THIS FIGHT! Stay out of my way! Wanted and a 200cr bounty (zero notariety)
ANYWAY, the controlling system faction also happened to be an an interstellar factor. I can't use that for sure.

So I jumped out of the system and pulled up the galaxy map. Put settings for interstellar factor locations. Now this has worked fine in the past. I haven't had to use one in a few weeks. But I spent a good half hour looking. Only the system I was in showed up. Posh le garbage'!
Did a Google search to learn about the 2nd way 2 find em. Populated low security and anarchy systems. Switched settings on the map and there were plenty just a jump AWAY. All offered interstellar factor legal svc.

Since my game updated a week ago, I'd be curious to see how this works with other Ps4 Cmdrs.
So when you get a chance, look for interstellar factors under the services tab and see if how many (if at all) show up.

A faction puts a bounty on you. If you go to another system and if that faction is also there you will have issues. Thus before hours of combat I always check out the local Interstellar factors having a quick out in case I hit a good guy. If I kill one and get a notoriety I have another local system to continue on killing NPCs until notoriety resets to zero.

Thwarptide

Banned
A faction puts a bounty on you. If you go to another system and if that faction is also there you will have issues. Thus before hours of combat I always check out the local Interstellar factors having a quick out in case I hit a good guy. If I kill one and get a notoriety I have another local system to continue on killing NPCs until notoriety resets to zero.
Buuut...... Shouldn't ALL locations of interstellar factors be visible on the map (when that filter has been set)?
That's the whole issue. Only 1 showed up, but when I switched map settings to display low and anarchy security systems, there were 5 one jump away. I had to manually view their system maps to see if they had INTER-FACTORS. Each one did.
So my point is..... Why did theses others not display on the map with the proper interstellar factors filter?

I get the same issue under SERVICES, traders and interstellar factors not showing up or filtering. I've have a few issues with other filters in the Galaxy Map as well, but the SERVICES filter not working for me is fairly common. The problem ceases on exiting and reloading.
*Edit, It seems to happen on lengthier sessions when I've used other filters, then switch back to SERVICES.

The services search has been an issue since fleet carriers went live.
I always supposed it was because they also offer services, but are jumping around all the time. So a system might not offer a service and then it does and then it doesn't again. The galaxy map tries to figure it out, gets confused and gives up.
Just use eddb, or Inara.

Thwarptide

Banned
The services search has been an issue since fleet carriers went live.
I always supposed it was because they also offer services, but are jumping around all the time. So a system might not offer a service and then it does and then it doesn't again. The galaxy map tries to figure it out, gets confused and gives up.
Just use eddb, or Inara.
I'm glad there are others suffering horribly from this ignored pain inflicted upon us by Fdev. 🤪
I didn't want to be the only one. 😭

When it comes to finding Stellar Factors, I could not find that Inara offers that parameter. But then again I find Inara to be a bit tricky to use at times. For me It's easier to find populated low and anarchy security systems. They're everywhere.

Last edited:
Inara does have the option, but it's not obvious.
I think....
Select Galaxy --
Systems and stations --
Then look for a hard to find button labelled 'Nearest'
This should give you a list of options where you can select it and hit search.

Top Bottom