Interview with David Braben by DJTruthsayer

Great interview, David's enthusiasm is just so infectious, thanks for sharing it!

I really like the fact that he is always so very keen to push the compliments and accolades towards the incredibly talented, and largely unseen, 'guys and gals' (tm ObsidianAnt) in FDev, who's passion we get to enjoy every day.... ...okay that reads a bit wrong... but you know what I mean..... ...anyway, he's a top-banana!

Last edited:
I really like the fact that he is always so very keen to push the compliments and accolades towards the incredibly talented, and largely unseen, 'gays and gals' (tm ObsidianAnt) in FDev, who's passion we get to enjoy every day.... ...okay that reads a bit wrong... but you know what I mean..... ...anyway, he's a top-banana!

Edit incoming?

David Braben I find him very capable.
But to be honest, he speaks too often without a timely knowledge ... in the past (3 years ago) he spoke of walking down the stations, entering and hiding in the ships cargohold of the other players ... and stealing ships by killing the crew in first person. David Braben has the defect of fantasizing too much sometimes. I would rather focus on what we have today and what we can do tomorrow ... rather than talk about what we can have in 5 years. That is my feeling for the CEO of FD... it is only IMO.

Last edited:
But to be honest, he speaks too often without a timely knowledge ... in the past (3 years ago) he spoke of walking down the stations, entering and hiding in the ships cargohold of the other players ... and stealing ships by killing the crew in first person. David Braben has the defect of fantasizing too much sometimes. I would rather focus on what we have today and what we can do tomorrow ... rather than talk about what we can have in 5 years. That is my feeling for the CEO of FD... it is only IMO.

I disagree with you because the CEO is the responsible for the ultimate vision of the company. It's his job to see where the game needs to be 5 years from now.

I strongly disagree with you because if it weren't for DB's dreams we wouldn't have this magnificent game in the first place.

damn

I`m so disappointed with this iteration of elite but

I could listen to David for hours and pay money for it

EDIT:
Well.. when he`s not very very excited that is

Last edited:
I strongly disagree with you because if it weren't for DB's dreams we wouldn't have this magnificent game in the first place.

I disagree with you because the CEO is the responsible for the ultimate vision of the company. It's his job to see where the game needs to be 5 years from now.

ok... my second day on the forum, sorry for have express my PERSONAL thought and feeling... I not understand how can be related my little PERSONAL critic with what you said in your posts... but ok... I feel sorry for stimulating an exaggerated reaction.

ok... my second day on the forum, sorry for have express my PERSONAL thought and feeling... I not understand how can be related my little PERSONAL critic with what you said in your posts... but ok... I feel sorry for stimulating an exaggerated reaction.

Hey, no hard feelings! You stated your opinion, and they stated theirs, which - in this case - was that they disagree with you. Where is the harm in that? If you want your opinion to be respected, you should grant the same courtesy to your fellow forum members, too, and accept their opinion as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom