Invisible barrier that who will not be crossed by visitors

Currently visitors go through anything and everything, except solid fences!
I have visitors who pass through the walls, because I have a path on each side of the wall that is not separated (and it could not be otherwise).
I had imagined putting an invisible fence (with the option without perimeter of habitat) but the visitors still cross this invisible fence!
Could it be that this invisible fence is impassable for visitors? or another invisible impassable fence for even more options.

This would prevent visitors from crossing walls, fountains, etc.

I don't see this being a very popular idea. The null barrier as it is is one of the most versatile tools in the game; it's incredibly useful that guests can pass through it, because it means that when you're building using natural barriers or with building pieces you don't have to line the barrier up perfectly.

There was an item in Planet Coaster called the 'ribbon barrier' or something like that that guests couldn't clip through (I believe it was created so guests movements could be managed by the player); it could be sunk down right into the ground and still be used to prevent clipping, so this is probably something more useful than changing the way the null barrier works.

Alternatively, some of the other barrier types in Planet Zoo are thin enough that they can be hidden within a wall, so perhaps use something else.

I think an impassable option for the null barrier would be a better idea than replacing the current one. It doesn't have to be a whole new barrier, just a checkbox option like windows are

I think the best solution would be for walls (and door frames...) to not be passable. The guests simply shouldn't be walking right through them. If some people have designed their zoo to depend on this effect, then maybe it could be an optional tick box?

I think the best solution would be for walls (and door frames...) to not be passable. The guests simply shouldn't be walking right through them. If some people have designed their zoo to depend on this effect, then maybe it could be an optional tick box?

I think the problem is that the whole system the guests work on is linked to the paths and facilities, not to anything else. It would require changing a whole lot more than just the way building pieces work.

I think the problem is that the whole system the guests work on is linked to the paths and facilities, not to anything else. It would require changing a whole lot more than just the way building pieces work.

Ahhhh, I see. Yeah, that would unfortunately make sense. Probably also related to my gripe that guests can't walk over anything that isn't a path; I'd love to make a building that they can walk in, without needing to ruin it with the very limited path selection (there is the option of sinking the path slightly below the floor, but then their feet are chopped off. Ughhhh).

If there is ever a Planet Zoo 2, then I hope it's a new code base and not just built on top of Planet Zoo. There are a lot of yucky restrictions that seem to stem from the way the game was implemented (such as the overall lack of integration between paths, barriers, and building pieces. It feels like they were coded by different teams who did things their own ways, and then it was all kinda mashed together at the end).

Ahhhh, I see. Yeah, that would unfortunately make sense. Probably also related to my gripe that guests can't walk over anything that isn't a path; I'd love to make a building that they can walk in, without needing to ruin it with the very limited path selection (there is the option of sinking the path slightly below the floor, but then their feet are chopped off. Ughhhh).

In this case, there is a solution.

What you do is align your path to the building grid (doesn't work directly alongside barriers, but it works for all other buildings) and place it down with kerbs unselected in the path options. Then you pick a floor tile, place one down in the building group (so it's aligned to the same grid), and then split it from the group. It will form its own group which you can then 'sink' into the ground so its level with the path. This only really works with level terrain as well, so you'd need to ensure you've flattened everything down (otherwise the terrain sticks up through the floor pieces), but in doing it this way you can mitigate the issue of people's feet being chopped off.

If there is ever a Planet Zoo 2, then I hope it's a new code base and not just built on top of Planet Zoo. There are a lot of yucky restrictions that seem to stem from the way the game was implemented (such as the overall lack of integration between paths, barriers, and building pieces. It feels like they were coded by different teams who did things their own ways, and then it was all kinda mashed together at the end).

Yeah, I suspect if they ever do Planet Zoo 2 it will be built off of whatever engine Planet Coaster 2 will use. A lot of the issues we face with Zoo were also faced by players of Coaster so Frontier has two games worth of changes to make in the sequels.

In this case, there is a solution.

What you do is align your path to the building grid (doesn't work directly alongside barriers, but it works for all other buildings) and place it down with kerbs unselected in the path options. Then you pick a floor tile, place one down in the building group (so it's aligned to the same grid), and then split it from the group. It will form its own group which you can then 'sink' into the ground so its level with the path. This only really works with level terrain as well, so you'd need to ensure you've flattened everything down (otherwise the terrain sticks up through the floor pieces), but in doing it this way you can mitigate the issue of people's feet being chopped off.

Thanks so so so so so so so much for this, my fellow Kiwi! My South American temple looks way better now :)

Top Bottom