Invisible rocks?

Hey everyone, sorry for bumping an older thread here, but if you're experiencing this, could you contribute to this issue: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/34099

We'd love for you to add the system / planets you have noticed the invisi-rocks too, but appreciate it may have been a while!

I've encountered those - seemed to me to be more prevalent on Icy Worlds. Unfortunately I haven't taken a note of the ones I did encounter, but I'll go searching for more icy planets and have a bit of a drive around in search of those invisible nemeses.

o7

I can't remember the specific world, but I was racing back to my ship from a site yesterday and bam straight into an invisible rock, hard enough to send me flying and take a chunk off the hull.

Yeah, I can't say if it's one particular type or not (I think not) but run into them A LOT. Really hurts when you take one straight to the front the SRV at full speed. Sometimes you see a shadow as warning but most often you don't see anything at all.

They appear on every single ice world I've been on, on a "sometimes" frequency at most, ie not the majority of times. They also appear on rocky ice worlds and, less frequently, rocky worlds. Often the telltale shadow it casts is the only sign of something amiss, frequently mistaken for bacterial patches. Becomes a problem when using the SRV and suddenly stopping and incurring a significant damage hit.

Yup, I posted this on the Error Reporting site. It's not just rocks. There are a number of ground assets that do not show up. If you report it, first search for it. Adding to an existing report increases it's visibility.

Yup, I posted this on the Error Reporting site. It's not just rocks. There are a number of ground assets that do not show up. If you report it, first search for it. Adding to an existing report increases it's visibility.
I think that's the issue. I have a specific place on a specific planet where I get the srv stuck (and unable to move altogether, need to self destruct). I don't think it's rock, because it happen right underneath a settlement entrance gate.

I'd like to report it, but since the issue tracker is a popularity context, what's the point ? It will stay buried forever in "confirming".

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
I think that's the issue. I have a specific place on a specific planet where I get the srv stuck (and unable to move altogether, need to self destruct). I don't think it's rock, because it happen right underneath a settlement entrance gate.

I'd like to report it, but since the issue tracker is a popularity context, what's the point ? It will stay buried forever in "confirming".

I am in discussions with QA specifically about the acknowledged issue here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/34099

I am in discussions with QA specifically about the acknowledged issue here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/34099
It should already be there. I saw a few that mentioned specific assets, but it is all kinds. I also saw posts of asteroids missing as well, so I am not sure if that is connected, but it can't hurt to throw it all in one bucket. Also can you discuss the limit of 6 votes please? I understand not voting for an issue more than once, but to have a total limit seems silly since there could be several more issues that a player is experiencing and wishes to draw attention too.

Last edited:

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
It should already be there. I saw a few that mentioned specific assets, but it is all kinds. I also saw posts of asteroids missing as well, so I am not sure if that is connected, but it can't hurt to throw it all in one bucket. Also can you discuss the limit of 6 votes please? I understand not voting for an issue more than once, but to have a total limit seems silly since there could be several more issues that a player is experiencing and wishes to draw attention too.

The six vote thing is something that we are discussing. The idea is that the votes hold more weight when you have a limited amount, but we will continue to monitor and discuss.

The six vote thing is something that we are discussing. The idea is that the votes hold more weight when you have a limited amount, but we will continue to monitor and discuss.
I get that but you're also limiting the ability of your players to provide feedback and say "me too".

While we're on the subject of the issue tracker, I'd love to see some discussion around reducing the 10 replication requirement on the issue tracker. It's depressing how many real issues I've seen expire, despite multiple valid replications, because they failed to achieve the 10 replication threshold. As I understand the FAQ, Frontier's other games require 3 replications. Why is Elite being held to a different standard?

@Zac Cocken

Okay just found an invisible rock...

System: Kyloall LZ-E d12-1998

Body Name: Kyloall LZ-E d12-1998 2
Body Type: High Metal Content

Invisible item LAT/LON location found:

When viewed from a distance, there is a shadow generated but nothing is drawn which would create that shadow. The SRV tracks lead up to the shadow as I backed away from it...

CZTiOxc.png

As you drive towards the shadow, it begins to disappear, eventually vanishing...

QrXbi33.png

And finally, the SRV encounters an invisible object. In this case, probably an invisible rock, which my SRV has half crawled onto...

TZlwKdV.png

Rgds. o7

Is there a "Refresh Time". Something like getting another 6 after a week or month. I could see that working to show what bugs are considered by the community as most urgent for a set time period. If so, could you let us know the details on bug voting?

FYI, I think that might also be important to share in a live stream or video. Actually letting us know about that system in general would be great to encourage more people to use it.

• Fix added for some scatter rocks appearing to be invisible.
Update 5

Top Bottom