IRL Cuteness

Good morning, and happy International Elephant Day! Elephants are my favorite animals, second only to binturongs, so I thought I would share with you all some pictures and videos I have taken over the years on my travels to Southeast Asia. These in particular are some a place near and dear to my heart, the Cambodia Wildlife Sanctuary. It's in the middle of a proper jungle about 1.5 hours north of Siem Reap, and they do a lot of great work. There is a ranger station based from there that combats poaching and logging in the jungle, and a full village of Cambodians live there as well, with their sole purpose helping to preserve nature. They take in stray dogs and adopt them out of country to help alleviate that, and have a rotating roster of animals that may or may not need to be nursed back to help. The permanent residents are elephants, gibbons and both short and long tailed macaques, but they usually have at least some kind of deer and wild boar as well. There was also a civet the last time I was there. They're main goal is to provide a safe sanctuary for captive raised elephants (all of theirs are either from logging or entertainment), as well as putting an end to both of those practices. They also want to be the first site of wild elephants in Cambodia, which have been extinct in the wild in country for around 80 years IIRC.

image0.png

image1.png
image2.png

Good morning, and happy International Elephant Day! Elephants are my favorite animals, second only to binturongs, so I thought I would share with you all some pictures and videos I have taken over the years on my travels to Southeast Asia. These in particular are some a place near and dear to my heart, the Cambodia Wildlife Sanctuary. It's in the middle of a proper jungle about 1.5 hours north of Siem Reap, and they do a lot of great work. There is a ranger station based from there that combats poaching and logging in the jungle, and a full village of Cambodians live there as well, with their sole purpose helping to preserve nature. They take in stray dogs and adopt them out of country to help alleviate that, and have a rotating roster of animals that may or may not need to be nursed back to help. The permanent residents are elephants, gibbons and both short and long tailed macaques, but they usually have at least some kind of deer and wild boar as well. There was also a civet the last time I was there. They're main goal is to provide a safe sanctuary for captive raised elephants (all of theirs are either from logging or entertainment), as well as putting an end to both of those practices. They also want to be the first site of wild elephants in Cambodia, which have been extinct in the wild in country for around 80 years IIRC.

image0.png

image1.png
image2.png

View attachment 256632

View attachment 256633
That is amazing Bearcat, I love all of those amazing pictures and I am jealous of your travels. Elephants are really majestic and intelligent animals, they deserve all the protection they can get.

Happy Elephant day! 🐘🐘🐘

The lions at my local zoo (Taronga Zoo, Sydney) have had a litter of five cubs! It’s a massive event for our zoo, who haven’t had cubs born for 18 years, and for global lion conservation efforts.

A245FD70-973C-473C-96EB-E1CA2C4297BB.jpg

They have a live cub cam that you can watch if you donate $7 or more, with money going to support lion conservation work carried out by the zoo both in breeding programs and in the wild!

I’ve been watching these little guys and girls all afternoon, they’re just amazing.

a good idea for an enrichmemt items... (the link works without logging in or signing up)

a good idea for an enrichmemt items... (the link works without logging in or signing up)
Apes would probably love this too (I need this in my Orangutan Breeding Center 🙃) and we could of course also use it outside of Enclosures🥳

Top Bottom