Is anybody actually using the Type-10 to fight flower ships?

Do you actually use a Type-10 to fight the flower ships and if so do you regularly achieve victory against them using your Type-10?
Based on the YouTube videos I have seen, defeating flower ships in a Type-10 seems like an awful drag.
I have a Type-10, it sits in the hangar and takes up space waiting for a buff from FDev that is seemingly never going to come.
What happened to the idea of a very powerful Tharg fighting Type-10 we were told to expect?

Do you actually use a Type-10 to fight the flower ships and if so do you regularly achieve victory against them using your Type-10?
Based on the YouTube videos I have seen, defeating flower ships in a Type-10 seems like an awful drag.
I have a Type-10, it sits in the hangar and takes up space waiting for a buff from FDev that is seemingly never going to come.
What happened to the idea of a very powerful Tharg fighting Type-10 we were told to expect?

Built it, couldn't bring myself to use it, it's knocking on 5000 hull though!

I've tried. I really did. But there are 2 major issues with it.

1. hardpoints placement - It's just terrible, you can't hit anything with fixed weapons, they are so far from each other, maybe only with shard cannons. Only good use for them are turreded ax-multicannons, but as we already know they are good but for scouts.

2. Huge engines - yes, this is an issue when it's so easy to kill your engines when your shields are down.

I saw players use type-10 ofc. But I also saw vulture killing Hydra. Is it often used ship? God, no. And I will not use it for Thargoid combat ever again. Anaconda is MUCH better (Krait FTW).

Type-10 tin-can cannot do the ONE thing it was designed for...killing Thargoids. :D

That's why I use mine for the sole purpose of killing scouts... funny way to give LAKON the middle finger about it's usefulness (or lack there of :D)

Downsides are

-Convergence- Your shots will fold around targets with this ship's annoying placement. funny considering a key element of Thargoid combat requires shooting hearts. The hell were LAKON smoking when they made this screw up??!!

-Speed- for the interceptors I find speed is key to avoiding damage, zoom past, FA off and pop swarms and kill hearts...yeah you can't do that with this baby. face tank all the way!!!!

-Mass lock- despite it's size, it will still get mass locked. and couple that with the ship's hideous speed, If something goes wrong you WILL die...

-Distributor- Perhaps one of the biggest all round downfalls is the distributor. firing 5x burst turrets was actually draining my Gaudian distributor (Oh, did I mention they were size 2 and 1?)

So needless to say I don't think many will be using this ship for Thargoid combat. When the ship was released I used it for interceptors, ended up losing 4 ships to 3 Cyclops kills. Yes, cyclops!!! (This was back when we only had AX Multi cannons and such) then switched to Cutter and have never failed since!!!

From what I'm gathering from this discussion so far, the Type 10 Defender is actually decent for defending systems from Thargoid attacks. Not because it's a great platform for destroying interceptors (which it isn't), but because it's great at destroying scouts (which is the primary method of defending systems).

Interesting. The Defender is actually good at defending. Just don't stick around when the big guns show up.

The T10 is great as an armed miner. I do not think people use it much to combat Thargoids.
Personally I love that beastly industrial Russian look of the T9 and T10, but I wouldn't use them to confront Thargoids.

Perhaps the T10 is underestimated in that respect, I have no idea.

I tried it but the basic flaw is, whatever they shoot at you scores a direct hit.

This is very true.
It is very difficult to miss the T10.

I'm thinking of using one for scout support in a wing going into AX conflict zones so the others can concentrate on the interceptors. With packing decon and repair limpets.

For me, it had its time when Thargoids were new, and I still got a deep plated g5 military hull in stock, for just if. Gauss cannons made it kind of obsolete, so I fight Interceptors in an FAS or Krait today.

O7,
[noob]

I cannot solo a cyclops in my T-10, I can only get one as part of a wing. The manoeuvrability is so bad, that the only AX weapons I can use against it are turreted weapons, although double flack cannons are useful against the thargons.

However, it goes through scouts like a hot knife through people (Blame the master for that one!)

I cannot solo a cyclops in my T-10, I can only get one as part of a wing. The manoeuvrability is so bad, that the only AX weapons I can use against it are turreted weapons, although double flack cannons are useful against the thargons.
Hmm. I have serious problems with the flack cannons on my T10. I guess I still have to shape up there. On the other hand, my personal impression is that my shard cannons were not that terrible a weapon against the flowers. Although my impression can be wrong, I never stood against a flower ship alone yet. So maybe I just thought my guns were doing oki, while it was the other player actually doing a great job.

I can fit the same number of AX weapons on a Krait as I can on a T-10 so why would anyone shell one a half-billion credits to purchase and A-rate a T-10 for Tharg fighting?

If I could load up all of the hardpoints of a T-10 with AX weapons, THEN it might be the ship it was supposed to be when it was released.

I can fit the same number of AX weapons on a Krait as I can on a T-10 so why would anyone shell one a half-billion credits to purchase and A-rate a T-10 for Tharg fighting?
Because I had the T-10 before the Krait was even around. The Krait now does the job I had the T-10 for beforehand, so my T-10 needed a new purpose.

I have one, not sure if I will keep. If fdev give it the ability to have 4 guardian and 2 AX weapons at same time I can see it being good. After all it was designed to fight thargoids. Give it something unique or special

A reason to have it as a ship basically

I did my first set of lvl4 Xeno USS last night. In a krait with 2 shards and 2 plasma chargers. Nabbed 12 of the blighters as a test run. Have returned to jamesons to fit out a t10. Full of shards and the rest multis. I left with 23% hull on krait. So now ive built a tank. Will find out tonight how that goes. Still cant get hang of turrets though. Never used turreted weapons before. I also ensured I have the guass and other in my store, so I can ship them over etc.

Is it 160° that kills off the infection?

Turrets, forward, target only or fire at will? Whats best? I think I shoved all my guardian weapons on the Large hardpoints and multi cannons on the others.

I see now why bi weaves are best. So when you overheat yourself, they spin up faster. The krait was good, but I would be back n forth for repairs to often. Plus I have a T10, which like my fave aspx, has a nice view and its a shame to have a t10 and do nothing with it. Peeved that I dont have black friday paint as pretty sure I bought all of them. maybe no t10 black friday paint.

Last edited:
Top Bottom