Is anyone who's participated in a past beta doing the next one?

I am not a game tester. I am not going to put in a properly worded report

I am an Elite player though. I want to see these new carriers and get a feel for how to use them in a completely risk free environment. I also want to ensure there are no show stopping bugs in the game for my particular gaming rig and controller setup

I got plenty of time to spare at the moment <sigh> It's worth downloading to try it out even if I only try it for half the time it takes to download it

Counting the minutes down 'til download.
Looking forward to loading up ED for the first time in weeks:)

As for feedback, FDevs will still do what FDev wants, no matter what I think;)

Nope won't be there, nowhere near enough cash to try FC's at 5Bil. I'm not logging in to spend a week hunting down some other player in their carrier.

Actually I just swung by to see if anything had changed with the game (haven't played in like a year?), it sounds like FC's are a bit pointless anyway? I can't figure out what they're for. The name suggests we'd be able to cart our ships around the galaxy in 'em... but from what I've read it sounds like they're nothing but large ship-shaped black holes for money that can't do much of anything...

Of course were they not 5Bil in beta I could get one and see for myself. Oh well!

I've taken part in every beta since premuim beta back before official launch, but I have absolutely no interest in this one.

To answer the question in your Title, I've participated in every Beta since the Alpha, and I see no reason not to do the same for this one. I sincerely doubt that Frontier's QA team has a testing rig with my particular combination of hardware and software, so it's up to me to ensure that everything's running smoothly in the areas I care about, and usually branch out into areas out of my comfort zone.

Hopefully, this will also help other players also have a pleasant experience when the patch goes live... though I sincerely doubt it. Frontier's sales and marketing teams seem to be driving the bus, not the development team, so it'll get pushed out as fast as possible again, and then the necessary fixes will get applied.

Gonna poke my head in and have a look around for curiosity's sake, but unless there's an immediate and easily reproduced show-stopper (which everyone will flag anyway) I can't imagine I'll take the time to draft a bug report. Too much effort for zero feedback.

I can't believe how much I actually miss the old forum-based bug reporting system. I used to give it all manner of criticism because it wasn't a "proper" bug tracker, but compared with the awful system we have now it was fantastic. At least you got some immediate feedback, from the community if not always from Support, as to the commonality of the reported issue. And you could search.

The new system is execrable. You get no immediate feedback as to the responses or progression of a report. The search system only matches on contiguous words. If you do find something relevant on page xxx of yyy you have to remember to middle-click / new tab to read the report otherwise the site forgets what page you were on when you use the back button.

It's not a great encouragement to submit reports.

Top Bottom