General / Off-Topic Is Betelgeuse going to blow up?

What if the whole thing is a lie and that is just a purposely blury picture of a dot in a lava lamp. That would explain the changing shape more. It would also explain the white shiny spot on the top of the dot. It's like a light from outside is shining on the lava lamp lava...

The outside edges of the pic also look like it could be other lava lamp dots shining their glow from the outside. Like a highly focused in picture that couldn't get rid of all of the exterior influences.

1583459463555.png

Can you shake up a lava lamp in a way to get that picture of the outside of the star with a dot in the middle?

1583459428931.png

Last edited:
What if the whole thing is a lie and that is just a purposely blury picture of a dot in a lava lamp and this is a joke that got out of hand. That would explain the changing shape more. It would also explain the white shiny spot on the top of the dot. It's like a light from outside is shining on the lava lamp lava...

The outside edges of the pic also look like it could be other lava lamp dots shining their glow from the outside. Like a highly focused in picture that couldn't get rid of all of the exterior influences.

Can you shake up a lava lamp in a way to get that picture of the outside of the star with a dot in the middle?

“I think Bigfoot is blurry, that’s the problem. It’s not the photographer’s fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that’s extra scary to me. There’s a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside.” – Mitch Hedberg

“I think Bigfoot is blurry, that’s the problem. It’s not the photographer’s fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that’s extra scary to me. There’s a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside.” – Mitch Hedberg

That would mean there is also an out of focus forest also and some out of focus streams. This can be explained that way though. Someone could have used very focused fuzzy optics to produce that image from a local object. Local as in the same room as them potentially. I would not put it past research communities to do something like that. It's also not the first time. And they would have the potential expertise, or access to it, to produce such a thing.

That would mean there is also an out of focus forest also and some out of focus streams. This can be explained that way though. Someone could have used very focused fuzzy optics to produce that image from a local object. Local as in the same room as them potentially. I would not put it past research communities to do something like that. It's also not the first time.
Yeah, I guess with pictures like these there always has to be some level of trust in the community.
I mean, this:
pluto.jpg

was the first picture of Pluto from New Horizons. I can do that in MS Paint. :LOL:

You mean this one?
View attachment 164504

I think that's the same image only without the blind in the middle.
I very much believe that all of that previous image is the Betelgeuse, though. As in - it's not just a dust cloud around the star or ejected material, there's an actual fusion going on all around the place.

I'm quite crap at explaining even in my native language, not to mention this one. Here's a video that explains far better. 😅

Source: https://youtu.be/weJG3_XhtL0

That outer shell of material spanning some hundreds of AU probably is just marginally more dense than the best vacuum we can produce here on Earth. If we were inside that, we'd just see that as our usual black space.

By all accounts, we could very well be plowing through a nebula of our own in this moment and not knowing it from the inside!

By all accounts, we could very well be plowing through a nebula of our own in this moment and not knowing it from the inside!

Maybe, just maybe, we are... ;)

A team of astronomers from Germany and Austria recently made use of that preservation by collecting over 1,000 pounds of snow laid down in the past 20 years. After analyzing all the various dust and grains they found within the snow, they discovered a suspicious amount of iron-60. This particular radioactive strain of iron told astronomers that the dust wasn’t local, but instead came from outer space.

-- https://astronomy.com/news/2019/08/supernova-dust-found-hidden-in-antarctic-snow

It appears that UVC lamps integrated into home heating/ac systems is effective in killing viruses.

It appears that UVC lamps integrated into home heating/ac systems is effective in killing viruses.
Care to elaborate on this hypothesis? Betelgeuse has..... some kind of virus? Or the UV emissions from it exploding could protect against them? Not sure where you're going with this.

Top Bottom