Is Inara safe?

Yeah yeah, I know that it probably is, but I really wanna be sure. OCD is really bad this past month and I keep asking myself about how secure it is. I really wanna get your opinion guys, just for peace of mind.

Much appreciated.

you mean the website inara.cz??

Is it safe to visit....Yes
Is it Safe for reliable Info....Yes (As long as you look at last reported times if you are buying or selling)
Is it good? Hell yes, my bible

If it is not the website Inara.cz you are on about, then ignore above and me ;)

you mean the website inara.cz??

Is it safe to visit....Yes
Is it Safe for reliable Info....Yes (As long as you look at last reported times if you are buying or selling)
Is it good? Hell yes, my bible

If it is not the website Inara.cz you are on about, then ignore above and me ;)
Sorry for not being specific(I kinda forgot to mention this), I was gonna ask if it's safe to import my data. And yeah, I mean inara.cz
Thank you!

Last edited:
How does one import their data? Do you upload a specific file from ED's directory, or do you download an executable from the website that does this for you? The latter would make me nervous.

How does one import their data? Do you upload a specific file from ED's directory, or do you download an executable from the website that does this for you? The latter would make me nervous.
You proceed to make an account on Inara, log in, go to your profile and on the right of the page there's an "import frontier data" button. Then you log in through Steam, Frontier, Xbox or PS. I did it through Frontier.

There's very little actual info in your data, it's all game data. i.e. ships and options bought, journeys made, dockings etc. If you use ed: market connector and set up the api links it all happens auto-magically and I've been doing it for months / years / even longer.

ed engineer is good/useful too :)

There's very little actual info in your data, it's all game data. i.e. ships and options bought, journeys made, dockings etc. If you use ed: market connector and set up the api links it all happens auto-magically and I've been doing it for months / years / even longer.

ed engineer is good/useful too :)
Thank you for the info, really clarified some things for me.

Don't really know how you managed to play the game for so long without Inara - it's invaluable.

MP
Well, I use Inara and EDDB from time to time, but it's only now that I import my data.

The only real risk you run is if you've become a target for harassment. A persistent stalker might be able to use your location info to determine your likely haunts.

Yeah yeah, I know that it probably is, but I really wanna be sure. OCD is really bad this past month and I keep asking myself about how secure it is. I really wanna get your opinion guys, just for peace of mind.

Much appreciated.

as long as you don't surf in open, it should be reasonably safe. just highwake if you come across any angry cookies.

other than that, it's just another service where you trust your credentials and data to a complete stranger, business as usual.

Old Duck, you should use EDDiscovery. It tracks all your travels & activites and send them to Inara. You'll have all the information about your assets, ship builds, ranks, etc.

So each time you go on Inara it'll already know where you are and you'll be able to know where to find the nearest [Whatever You Need] and way more stuff !

The only real risk you run is if you've become a target for harassment. A persistent stalker might be able to use your location info to determine your likely haunts.

Only if you decide to share it. There are a couple of setting regarding what you want to have accessible for others.
My location is only visible to the people on my inara friend list.

The location of my ships, their loadout, or my bank balance is noones buisiness but mine.

You can try it out, just click on my signature.

Only thing I'd note is that it has become so slow as to be almost unusable for me - whether connecting from home (Virgin) or work (JANET).

You can switch on and off what you want other people to see. Also, you can see everything about your own account, but even with everything switched on to share, other people can't see the detail stuff.

Top Bottom