Is it 24 May yet?

Has anyone stopped playing PC as 'Alpha 2' has got closer, I've found I'm not playing as much, I guess it's not wanting to get to familiar with the controls/functions etc, knowing it's all going to change, well that's what I tell myself anyway [big grin]

Has anyone stopped playing PC as 'Alpha 2' has got closer, I've found I'm not playing as much, I guess it's not wanting to get to familiar with the controls/functions etc, knowing it's all going to change, well that's what I tell myself anyway [big grin]

I have. Once I started seeing all the new stuff I can't bring myself to play. I've tried and as soon as I start I think " gee, at the end of the month I can accomplish this much easier." So I shut it back off and refresh the Forums.

My issue is. Why a Tuesday? It's like they want me to miss work. Is there something wrong with a Friday release to give us a weekend to play?

Man I'm excited.....

refresh.

I have. Once I started seeing all the new stuff I can't bring myself to play. I've tried and as soon as I start I think " gee, at the end of the month I can accomplish this much easier." So I shut it back off and refresh the Forums.

My issue is. Why a Tuesday? It's like they want me to miss work. Is there something wrong with a Friday release to give us a weekend to play?

Man I'm excited.....

refresh.

Funny enough my days rotate and it so happens my day off is tuesday.

HOWEVER, What a day they picked, Overwatch is due out then and so is warhammers new game... What a day to be a gamer @.@

Brett C

Frontier

Man I'm excited.....

refresh.

We like our weekends. [tongue]

Man I'm excited.....

refresh.

We like our weekends. [tongue]

I am guessing from a Dev point of view: Come in to work Monday, thoroughly test alpha build 2, release to the community, Dev team remains on hand to sort game breaking issues that may arise on Wed, Thurs & Fri, then home for the weekend and relax after a busy week.. except Brett, as he always seems to be working! [wink]

I have taken Wednesday off... No particular reason of course [tongue]

Last edited:
I am guessing from a Dev point of view: Come in to work Monday, thoroughly test alpha build 2, release to the community, Dev team remains on hand to sort game breaking issues that may arise on Wed, Thurs & Fri, then home for the weekend and relax after a busy week.. except Brett, as he always seems to be working! [wink]

I have taken Wednesday off... No particular reason of course [tongue]

If they have waited until Monday to thoroughly test PCab2, they'll have waited too long!

IIRC, a previous dev post mentioned that it takes several days to get a build packaged. I imagine some of the team will be working the weekend to get it done. Unless, of course, they finished last week and have just been teasing us by holding on to it until the 24th. I just hope the servers don't melt down (before I get my copy, at least.)

Like the OP, I've slacked off playing since seeing the goodies packed into ab2. I've filled that slack, a little, by buying Elite Dangerous Horizons, which I believe will probably keep me occupied for several years, just to get out of the "Harmless" rating.

It's hard waiting for the 24th, but I won't have to take off work like some of you: when you're retired, every day is Tuesday. Or Saturday. Or even a Monday, if you're in a bad mood,

Robert

Last edited:
When you are retired like me, everyday is a continuous long long long long weekend. [haha] [haha] [haha] [haha]
I have lots of other things to keep me busy though, besides playing Planet Coaster. [yesnod]
The trouble is, you never seem to have enough time to do everything you want to do for some reason. [cry]

But I am glad I don't have to get up at 4/5 am any more, delivering goods all over the country in all weathers. [yesnod]

Top Bottom