Is it difficult to port JWE from one platform to another?

I just wanted to know if it's a difficult task to make or is it mostly automated (using already existing software to convert the features from one platform to another)

I think only a dev can answer this.
It's probably easier now than it was in the past but still if it was easy why did Rockstar take a whole year to bring out GTA5 on PC?

I think only a dev can answer this.
It's probably easier now than it was in the past but still if it was easy why did Rockstar take a whole year to bring out GTA5 on PC?
Yeah... maybe it's not "that easy" either. I was just wondering because I don't want the devs to be so busy having to port the game :)

I believe frontier's in-house engine, Cobra, can build various platforms quite easily with minimum additional work.
The only issues are to update the engine for the various platforms when new engine features are required.
Afaik! :)

I just wanted to know if it's a difficult task to make or is it mostly automated (using already existing software to convert the features from one platform to another)

I think a lot of it has to do with that kind of Engine the game uses and if it is compatiable with the system they are porting with.

Since ED is on PS4 and Xbox one I am sure they could port JWE, but it's already on the PS4 and Xbox. I think you want a Switch port? I think that depends on the capabilities of switch hardware. I believe the Switch's graphics hardware is made by Nvidia so that would make it easier.

With GTAV they had people double dipping for the PC version. That probably plays into it. Also, it was probably groundwork for the PS4/Xbone versions since they're x64 machines.

Top Bottom