Is it worth me buying this game?

Personally I love the game. If you're unsure then there are plenty of people streaming it and putting youtube videos up, if you haven't already checked them out, and they're a great way to get a feel for whether the game is right for you.

I think it really depends. My current answer is the game will be worth your money...eventually. if you are okay being here for the early days while adjustments are made and bugs are fixed (social interactions are still being worked on) then feed Frontier and start making some beautiful creations in Sandbox. If you want a fully polished game, wait and get this as your Christmas present to yourself.

"Worth" is in the eye of the beholder.
What you may find worthy, I may look at as trash. And, the other way around.
Asking a forum if they find worth in something, is never worthy..lol
I say watch some of the new YT "Lets Play". Watch a live stream or two. Judge for yourself.
For me, the game is worth the cost. Worth every penny. But, you may not feel that way.
Yes, it may have a bug here or there. And, some claim bugs, that are just mismanagement.
Again, judge for yourself. Its not like its the 90's, and you cant see what the game is like, before buying it...lol

Last edited:
Hi everyone, thanks for your replies. I bit the bullet and bought the game. It was a miserable rainy afternoon, too wet to work the horses or do anything, so thought I’d give it a go. Didn’t buy the Deluxe pack, just the normal one. So far I have worked through the first bit of the tutorial- bronze, silver, gold? I think there are more tutorials to do, so I’ll do them today.
I am enjoying it so far! No major glitches yet for me, (although a bear looked weird hanging out in a tree!) and I’m starting to get the hang of it, but not enough to feel confident to be let loose in sandbox just yet.

Thanks again for the replies guys.

No major glitches yet for me, (although a bear looked weird hanging out in a tree!)

Depending on what you mean by it looking weird you might want to report this as a bug on the issue tracker. The patch they released yesterday was supposed to fix the 'flying bears' issue, so if it's still happening it might be worth letting them know 🙂

I purchased the Deluxe Edition as soon as I heard about the Beta. I have been waiting for a new Zoo management game for so long. So far, it has definitely been worth it. I experienced a few crashes the first day, but since the recent update I have not crashed once.

The animals are stunning. I have personally seen plenty of positive animal interaction especially between mom and babies. As an example, I caught my momma tiger grooming her cub and the Flamingos moving together as a flock. Maybe they could have interactions more frequently, but they do exist despite what the complaints make it seem. (Even my own cats at home don't interact with each other positively all the time, most of the time they are just doing their own thing.)

The people complaining/whinging on the forum are probably just a vocal minority.

11/10 would purchase again in a heartbeat. And will purchase any future DLC when it comes out. (I want weasels pls&ty)

I had a great few hours playing today, worked through a few more of the career things and then I had two crashes which set me back a bit (it deleted some of my progress) so I lost heart a bit and decided I wanted to have a go at a sandbox zoo instead. It’s definitely a learning curve! I naively thought I could put an animal habitat in and some shops and things, but it seems you need to place lots of things first - quarantine, staff building, trade centre etc.

I’m going to build this initial zoo very much as a learning curve, so I know it won’t be great but hoping I’ll learn along the way, which is how I got to grips with PC (my favourite game for the last couple of years- but perhaps PZ will take over!)

Could anyone give me any tips with regards how many staff buildings etc I need? Also, I haven’t placed any power outlets yet, but it says my buildings near the entrance are powered? Is this something I don’t need to do in sandbox?

Tips or hints much appreciated to help me along!

Could anyone give me any tips with regards how many staff buildings etc I need? Also, I haven’t placed any power outlets yet, but it says my buildings near the entrance are powered? Is this something I don’t need to do in sandbox?

Tips or hints much appreciated to help me along!

One tip I have is to get a mechanic set to researching Staff Buildings so that you can get access to the Large Keeper hut ASAP. That building can be a life saver if you want to have multiple habitats per keeper hut. So far I have 1 L. Keeper Hut per 4 habitats with 6 Keepers for that work zone. (I set 2 Keepers to only clean the habitats)

One tip I have is to get a mechanic set to researching Staff Buildings so that you can get access to the Large Keeper hut ASAP. That building can be a life saver if you want to have multiple habitats per keeper hut. So far I have 1 L. Keeper Hut per 4 habitats with 6 Keepers for that work zone. (I set 2 Keepers to only clean the habitats)
You don't need to research anything in Sandbox. Everything is unlocked.

You still need to provide power in Sandbox. If you look at your heat map (bottom left) it will show you how far the power provided by the entrance reaches. You've built your buildings near the entrance so they will be powered. Once you build OUTSIDE of that blue power circle you will need to add transformers which give power at a limited distance. Make sure you hide them too. Anything to do with staff buldings and power/water...Hide them. Guests don't like to look at them. So build a wall or put plants around them.

Also in Sandbox you have access to the Large Keeper Hut which lets TWO keepers work inside. I'd say start with one first. And as your zoo expands you will eventually need to add more. You'll know when to add them. 😁

You don't need to research anything in Sandbox. Everything is unlocked.

Woops I seem to have missed the part where they mentioned Sandbox mode (haven't touched it yet so I don't know what you can and can't do). But still, the Large Keeper Huts are great. The small ones just cause issues unless you have one for every keeper.

If you want it for building but don’t care about the animals acting like animals, you’ll love it.

If you want it to be like zoo tycoon, with animals that interact with one another and have familial bonds, then I would wait until this is patched in, because at the moment the animals are just models.

Top Bottom