General / Off-Topic Is man made climate change real or not? Prove your belief here.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If you would read a little bit more carefully, you'd certainly know by now that this was the result of a buggy ignore function that unignores all as soon as you unignore one. So you are sort of a by-product so to say. Other then that, thanks but I can still make and change my decisions at any time and without your generous help. But since you seem to enjoy to play the hero I guess I'll still stay for a little while (again, how long will be totally up to me). To you as well of course: convince me with some more substantial content. Your last attempt wasn't all too bad...
It's okay to just admit the truth, Picco:)

'Sentinel for sea-level rise enters testing':

The next satellite tasked with maintaining the "gold standard" measurement of sea-level rise is about to enter final testing.

Sentinel-6a will pick up from the long-running Jason series of spacecraft when it launches in November 2020.

These missions track the height and shape of Earth's oceans with microwave altimeters.

Since 1992, the orbiting instruments have observed sea level go up by an average of 3.2mm per year.

This trend is accelerating, however. The most recent five-year period, from 2014 to 2019, has witnessed a 4.8mm/yr increase.

Sentinel-6a marks the first time this hugely important mission series will fly under the badge of the EU's Copernicus Earth observation programme.

It is still a joint venture between Europe (principally France) and the US, but the Copernicus patronage gives long-term security of financing.

These things are expensive, so the reality of needing it speaks volumes over the coming decades re AGW.

This sure matters for high virus psychology, but otherwise...
"helps to limit its replication but doesn't kill it"
A common misinterpretation why people with a cold sometimes sit in a sauna and expect this will do the trick.
An oven would be a more promising attempt. 🥵
The reason they sit in a sauna is to watch naked men and women right 😜 joke aside sweating should be good to flush out harmful substances in your body, but I don’t know if it’s true.

Yes, you can have side-effects and sometimes very bad side-effects but if you compare them to the odds of having similar or worse effects while infected they become minor concerns. This is as silly as claiming safety belts are dangerous because you can bruises on a crash.
Tell that to the parents who got a child with a brain damage, allegedly due to a vaccination.

Tell that to the parents who got a child with a brain damage, allegedly due to a vaccination.
I was doing some research on Measles vaccinations last year; the warning label of possible side effects must have been 5-6 pages of extremely small print long with problems ranging from mild to so horrifying you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy. Hundreds of various side effects that have all happened to people, hence their inclusion in the paperwork. After reading through them I figured I'd rather take my chances with measles.

I was doing some research on Measles vaccinations last year; the warning label of possible side effects must have been 5-6 pages of extremely small print long with problems ranging from mild to so horrifying you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy. Hundreds of various side effects that have all happened to people, hence their inclusion in the paperwork. After reading through them I figured I'd rather take my chances with measles.

With all due respect to your 'research', the warning label of Aspirin (https://optiphar.com/uploads/products/leaflets/112863.pdf ) is eight pages of extremely small print with problems ranging from mild to so horrifying you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy (including severe internal bleeding, acute kidney failure and gout). Side-effects refer not to things caused by the medication, but effects experienced by people using it. The rarest category is typically 1:10000 or 1:100000. Establishing a causal relation between events so rare is by definition pointless.

If you had done actual research you'd have analyzed the risk of contracting measles, the possible health hazards of it, the prevalence of each possible symptom and compared that with the actual prevalence of the various health risks of vaccination. You did not, because you aren't trained in it, and don't have the skills, knowledge or insight to even begin doing so. You simply do not know anything about any of this. You didn't 'do research', you saw scary words in a document and came up with a random conclusion based on ignorance.

Here is some fun stuff:

meas-fig-02.jpg

Hundreds of thousands of people in the US with measles before vaccination each year.The case-fatality rate is approximately 15%. Some form of residual neurologic damage occurs in as many as 25% of cases. How many have died due to vaccines in the last fifty years, and how does that relate to the expected FOUR MILLION deaths just due to measles alone you'd have had without vaccines?

Allegedly? Lol, that is like the #1 conspiracy theory word. Either back it up or get out of here. Its a never-ending story of vague claims, with zero support, being presented as absolute truth by people with no experience, training or skill in the topic involved. The biggest issue is not the lack of understanding, but the inability to consider one's limitations.

Last edited:
With all due respect to your 'research', the warning label of Aspirin (https://optiphar.com/uploads/products/leaflets/112863.pdf ) is eight pages of extremely small print with problems ranging from mild to so horrifying you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy (including severe internal bleeding, acute kidney failure and gout). Side-effects refer not to things caused by the medication, but effects experienced by people using it. The rarest category is typically 1:10000 or 1:100000. Establishing a causal relation between events so rare is by definition pointless.

If you had done actual research you'd have analyzed the risk of contracting measles, the possible health hazards of it, the prevalence of each possible symptom and compared that with the actual prevalence of the various health risks of vaccination. You did not, because you aren't trained in it, and don't have the skills, knowledge or insight to even begin doing so. You simply do not know anything about any of this. You didn't 'do research', you saw scary words in a document and came up with a random conclusion based on ignorance.

Allegedly? Lol, that is like the #1 conspiracy theory word. Either back it up or get out of here. Its a never-ending story of vague claims, with zero support, being presented as absolute truth by people with no experience, training or skill in the topic involved. The biggest issue is not the lack of understanding, but the inability to consider one's limitations.
The amount of smug, misguided self importance here on your part is pretty typical of the pseudo intellectual who thinks because he has some knowledge in one field he is somehow qualified to talk down to other people when in fact you know roughly as much as they do about the topic at hand; very little, and certainly not enough to draw anything beyond a common sense conclusion. That's fine, but you can save your smarm and false sense of superiority for someone who is impressed by it (hint: not me)

Not being a scientist, which nobody on this thread is btw, my only recourse is to read the warning labels and research what's online and make the best decisions possible for me and my family, pretty much the same as everyone else. And the amount of people who've A) contracted measles in my country and B) suffered particularly bad side effects related to the measles is less of a concern to me than a vaccination with a laundry list of side effects associated with it...and for your information, for someone to ingest aspirin in my home it would almost have to be a severed limb. When penicillin (and all other forms of antibiotic quit working in the next fifteen years give or take), it won't be because my family has been over-doing it, I can assure you. It'll be because of people like you.

Last edited:
The amount of smug, misguided self importance here on your part is pretty typical of the pseudo intellectual who thinks because he has some knowledge in one field he is somehow qualified to talk down to other people when in fact you know roughly as much as they do about the topic at hand; very little, and certainly not enough to draw anything beyond a common sense conclusion. That's fine, but you can save your smarm and false sense of superiority for someone who is impressed by it (hint: not me)

Ah yes, your usual defense: personal attacks without any kind of argument.

Not being a scientist, which nobody on this thread is btw, my only recourse is to read the warning labels and research what's online and make the best decisions possible for me and my family, pretty much the same as everyone else.

There are quite a few actual scientists here, you just aint one of them. Not sure why it is so hard for you to accept these basic facts. And your best recourse, when you are ignorant of a topic, is by listening to the consensus of those who are experts. But you seem simply unable to accept your own limitations and refuse to acknowledge the knowledge of those who have spend years acquiring it. Screw thousands of doctors and thousands of studies: the might Jason will know better than everyone else because he perused a 5 page document! In any case, based on this there is nothing to discuss: you refuse to engage in actual arguments and merely hurl insults at everyone who disagrees with your baseless opinions, again. Oh well.

Last edited:
Ah yes, your usual defense: personal attacks without any kind of argument.

There are quite a few actual scientists here, you just aint one of them. And your best discourse, when you are ignorant of a topic, is by listening to the consensus of those who are. Your inability to accept your own limitations and refuse to acknowledge the knowledge of those who have spend years acquiring it is disappointing. In any case, based on this there is nothing to discuss: you refuse to engage in actual arguments and merely hurl insults at everyone who disagrees with your baseless opinions, again. Oh well.
I don't start the personal attacks, and I certainly didn't start them with you. Your comments to me (and lysan, and probably a few others) are of the snotty variety that are only acceptable due to the lack of physical proximity between us, and I'm simply calling you out on them. You want to keep conversing with me? Then put some respect in your tone. If you can't or won't do that, then you aren't going to be getting any in return. Oh, and to that last part re scientists: all that matters here in this discussion is that YOU AREN'T ONE, get it?

I don't start the personal attacks, and I certainly didn't start them with you. Your comments to me (and lysan, and probably a few others) are of the snotty variety that are only acceptable due to the lack of physical proximity between us, and I'm simply calling you out on them. You want to keep conversing with me? Then put some respect in your tone. If you can't or won't do that, then you aren't going to be getting any in return. Oh, and to that last part re scientists: all that matters here in this discussion is that YOU AREN'T ONE, get it?

We kunnen natuurlijk ook gewoon in een andere taal verder gaan, misschien dat het makkelijker is de juiste toon voor jou te vinden op deze manier. Overigens is het wel erg sneu om over 'toon' te beginnen wanneer je argumenten allemaal dood zijn en je geen poot meer hebt om op te staan. Maar dat is altijd hetzelfde: eerst een grote mond en daarna klagen over 'de toon'.

Oh, ik ben een wetenschappper. Officieel, of je kwetsbare ego dat aankan of niet. :)

We kunnen natuurlijk ook gewoon in een andere taal verder gaan, misschien dat het makkelijker is de juiste toon voor jou te vinden op deze manier. Overigens is het wel erg sneu om over 'toon' te beginnen wanneer je argumenten allemaal dood zijn en je geen poot meer hebt om op te staan. Maar dat is altijd hetzelfde: eerst een grote mond en daarna klagen over 'de toon'.
Haha, okay Ian. That's just perfect:)

• 1-3 in 1,000 children contracting measles will develop encephalitis concurrent with the measles infection.
  • 10–15% of those children will die and a further 25% will be left with permanent neurological damage.
  • 1 in 1,000 children with measles will develop post-infectious encephalitis.
  • 1 in 25,000 of children (1 in 5,500 children if they are under 1) with measles will develop subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE) which has a fatal (death) outcome.
  • 1-2 in 1.000.000 children who had vaccination will develop encephalitis from the vaccination which is less than the incidence of all types of encephalitis.

It's not wrong to ascribe a case of brain damage to a vaccination for measles.
It can happen rarely, at roughly 1/1000 th the rate of children who get the disease.

It is vastly better to have a population that is immunized - the data don't lie. That's an example of preparation for a disaster.

It's not wrong to ascribe a case of brain damage to a vaccination for measles.
It can happen rarely, at roughly 1/1000 th the rate of children who get the disease.

It is vastly better to have a population that is immunized - the data don't lie. That's an example of preparation for a disaster.

Of course, as I said it isn't about listing possibilities but about prevalence. But understanding that requires a rudimentary understanding of statistics, which is among the basic requirements of understanding scientific studies.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom