Is mining turning into a RL addiction?

Is there a line to help Cmdrs who are simply addicted to mining?

You know, you have 95 billions, but after you've been mining for 18 hrs/day you just can't let it go, because "maybe tomorrow the price will drop" or "LTDs will be nerfed" or latest "fly fighter 25km away may be fixed to 31km on Thursday". During auto-docking you quickly alt-tab to YouTube, Forum and Reddit to see if there's some new exploit so you can boost your income from 800mil/hr to 815.
You're late for work, your pet is hungry, your kid gave up trying to ask you something, you didn't notice your wife isn't around any more and your eyes are red and skin is pale.
You dream about limpets catching tiny objects flying around and you live for "one more turn" before going to toilet.
Anyone close to this already? :D

lol theres a few more to come out the woodwork yet, Fdev will nerf it, the next patch will come, we will find something else Fdev will nerf it, vicious cycle...

so we end up with an overinflated economy where average joe who doesnt take the "opportunites" presented struggles to amass the 5billion FC content ticket, or the 7billion leg module for odyssey who knows... so we get this silly behavior.

a bit like panic buying toilet roll and pasta... we're all muppets us humans..

tenor.gif

I think for a few, yes it's what you described. I mined a bit (not with the SLF exploit) just to be able to fund my FC for longer term and have a few billion in play money. When I get around to selling those LTDs

Actually, after less than five LTD mining forays, it was "ADIOS MF'S"!

It was a repetitive stress syndrome, I don't need no stinkin' gazillion CRs; to buy ships I don't want to engineer or ever fly?

Snap out of it and get out from under the game or you will OD on it and lose interest.

You know, you have 95 billions, but after you've been mining for 18 hrs/day you just can't let it go, because "maybe tomorrow the price will drop" or "LTDs will be nerfed" or latest "fly fighter 25km away may be fixed to 31km on Thursday". During auto-docking you quickly alt-tab to YouTube, Forum and Reddit to see if there's some new exploit so you can boost your income from 800mil/hr to 815.
You're late for work, your pet is hungry, your kid gave up trying to ask you something, you didn't notice your wife isn't around any more and your eyes are red and skin is pale.
You dream about limpets catching tiny objects flying around and you live for "one more turn" before going to toilet.
I wanted the carrier + services + 3 year's upkeep without touching my wallet.
I HATE mining, but I forced myself and once I had enough credits , I was out of there :)

Its no addiction, every other activity just feels like a waste of time compared to mining. I did some AX-interceptor hunts and PvPiracy. My income was Stunning 14mil/9Mil per hour.

Farming mats is grindy enough mining can be relaxing and we will need the money later for the next expansion. I bet all sorts of upgrades for the carrier will be in the next expansion as well as other things.

So having mining as something to do, and chat with others is a fun thing even if it doesnt amount to much, it will be less work later.

S'funny really...

It could probably be argued that FDev have "accidentally" created one of the only aspects of the game where tangible rewards continue to be provided while playing.

Maybe they could look at that and see if they can figure out ways to apply similar criteria to other aspects of the game?

Tritium can generate 30mil+ ones.

The trick would be to find a system that generated more than one per week.

Found one that had 2 in 2 days, hoping to find another mission today too. Easy 120mil profit in the 2 days, once carriers are fixed it will be easy 250mil. I still have 3700 Insulating Membranes stuck in my carrier and if all goes well I can start selling them once the new update is applied.

To OP, no idea how somebody can get addicted to mining, it's the most boring activity in Elite.

I don't have much interest in mining- but I totally get it. It seems involved and satisfying while still being kinda meditative. Plus, watching asteroids blow up is rad.

I think there's a weird aesthetic to space mining that's super appealing too. I love that kinda futuristic-but-still-industrial aspect of it. My weird "thing" is how much I love the aesthetic of freighters. It's immediately what I do to make money in any kinda space/sci-fi game and I can just do trading for hours still. I just wish this game had a more dedicated mining ship, because I bet having a really cool utilitarian looking mining ship would appeal to those who love mining. Or combine exploration/travel with mining like they did with passenger missions and trading.. Maybe have rare materials you could find or some such.

I passed all of those sanity check markers a while back! 😜🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Top Bottom