Is next patch going fix profmance issue with using TMT make items

I was having pretty bad issues before TMT, to be honest.

If I remove all TMT items, I still can't do much in a big park. Build and Scenery menus take for-ev-er to load. Auto save b0rks the game to the point I can't do anything till it's done.

There are performance issue running much deeper than just TMT I am afraid.

Of course they are running much deeper. These issues are here since early days, yet some people here are still claiming the game is very good optimized. It rly isn´t, it has it´s flaws and I guess everyone will have to admit that one day. The question is, what can be done about it. The more rubst game gets, the harder it will be.

Of course they are running much deeper. These issues are here since early days, yet some people here are still claiming the game is very good optimized. It rly isn´t, it has it´s flaws and I guess everyone will have to admit that one day. The question is, what can be done about it. The more rubst game gets, the harder it will be.

it has been There with a performance issue since day one, but this is not like that with the TMT workshop items just slow down this to snail pace. at least with a large park, it does not slow load time, but only your fps instead this is a load time issue for the game itself.

it has been There with a performance issue since day one, but this is not like that with the TMT workshop items just slow down this to snail pace. at least with a large park, it does not slow load time, but only your fps instead this is a load time issue for the game itself.

That is true. Even the UI is loading very slow (without TmT), now it got just worse. For that, there is no excuse, because even indie Parkitect found a solution for this, so why not Planet Coaster? Imo, there should be more buzz about this within the community, because if we will ignore the issues, saying it´s all ok, Frontier will not rly do their best and focus on other things instead. I must be negative as usually, but my intentions are only the best. Want PC to be great game and usually, if there is something rly wrong with the game, community must be vocal about it.

This has been an issue ever since the game went out of alpha. I really am afraid that the ammount of people saying "Nah it's fine leave it" is what kept the game from actually getting a big overhaul so it could run smoother on modern hardware. This has been frustrating me for so long and now here we are. With a game that runs slower and slower with every update (it was never really smooth and fast to begin with) and now even getting in the main menu is like this.

So what now? It's been years, so I doubt we will get any performance or QOL fixes. The forums have been full of these requests but unfortunately like I just said a lot of "fanboyism" has made it so that real critics got ignored about game-breaking issues and here we are.

Maybe a "Planet Coaster Remastered Edition" of some sorts would fix it. It would have:
- Planet Coaster on DX12
- All the DLC included
- For a fair pricetag
- Maybe people that already own the game could get a discount

It would make some people happy and some people mad. But at least we would finally be able to fully enjoy the game.

This has been an issue ever since the game went out of alpha. I really am afraid that the ammount of people saying "Nah it's fine leave it" is what kept the game from actually getting a big overhaul so it could run smoother on modern hardware. This has been frustrating me for so long and now here we are. With a game that runs slower and slower with every update (it was never really smooth and fast to begin with) and now even getting in the main menu is like this.

So what now? It's been years, so I doubt we will get any performance or QOL fixes. The forums have been full of these requests but unfortunately like I just said a lot of "fanboyism" has made it so that real critics got ignored about game-breaking issues and here we are.

Maybe a "Planet Coaster Remastered Edition" of some sorts would fix it. It would have:
- Planet Coaster on DX12
- All the DLC included
- For a fair pricetag

It would make some people happy and some people mad. But at least we would finally be able to fully enjoy the game.

Totally agree.
Me it's been months that I can not play my big parks anymore. I'm trying to reproduce Europa Park in the game, and I'm building a park of my dreams. But as said since the release of some DLC, especially since the Vintage Pack, I can not play it properly. I played max 2h, while I usually spent more hours than that. And after the release of the World Pack, which I could not fully test, then the TMT udapte, I do not play at all. I do not want to be forced to abandon my big parks to start a new one each time, while the big one is not completely finished ...
Personally, the Rides Pack I have not bought it yet. I can not buy it so if already I can not test the World Pack.

Anyway from the beginning the game to this limitation with DirectX11 which makes all the things that one does not see, the processor can not follow with the peeps and all elements of decorations etc ... it was said and repeated of " bottleneck ".
At first it was going, even if the game did not turn up to 60 FPS. But then now add DLC content, updates free or TMT mods only worsened the performance of the game.
I would not see ourselves playing a game, say simulation and management of amusement park, without visitors. If it's just to make the creation empty and without souls, for me I do not have any interest to play the game.

So yes when the Devs started the development of the game there was no Windows 10 and no DirectX12. But here I think they are thinking about rewriting the game or a game for players with DirectX12. It takes time, it will have to wait. But I would like them to tell us more about a possible update for that. Or if simply, it is no and / or not feasible for them. Instead of making us hang around and get all over it on the same problem.
Anyway we are forced to switch to Windows 10 with Microsoft. Old versions Windows 7 and 8, the supports all stop as and soon and very quickly. And a PC is not eternal anyway.

- Planet Coaster on DX12
- All the DLC included
- For a fair pricetag

Even if it´s too late, Iˇm happy I´m not alone on this side of baricade anymore. :)

I know Frontier wanted to make complex and stunning game, but I think they better make the game running on current-gen hardware. What´s the point making a game, that will (maybe) be playable on hardware that is even today years away? I would rather have not certain HW expensive features for sake of game being playable for me. I bought Early Bird edition and see no point in that, because it would be rather better to buy the game cheap 10 years later, when I will be able to actually enjoy it (again, maybe)... So next time, I´m definitely not buying their game this early and will wait for huge discount to even consider it, because that makes sense to do so.

For me problems started with the TMT update. After Magnificent Rides Update it got even worse - the game is not playable anymore.[sad] Deleting all TMT-stuff is NO FIX at all and doesn't help much anyhow. I am not sure if the problem has to do with TMT or that new crash detection software which also was implemented.

Anyway, over one month ago I paid money to Frontier and as a result the game became unplayable to me.[down] I showed patience and everything we heard from Frontier so far is "We are working on it." To be honest - nowadays I really start to doubt it. The least they could do is to explain to us why it is hard to find a solution instead of announcing new stuff (F25) and celebrating their anniversary (celebrating something in a time in which PlanCo and Elite both have problems). they have now so many community managers - why is it so difficult to communicate to us in a truthful matter. People wouldn't complain as much when we would get told why it is so difficult to find a fix when it on the other hand is possible to add even more stuff so it gets even more complicated to find the problem when adding potentially new ones.[wacky]

Frontier asks us for our patience (which we showed for weeks/months now) I ask Frontier now to fix that TMT issue in the game and (so far) all DLC I paid for!!!

I appreciate the hard work the Devs do for this game. Their effort is great! But I really wonder now why it takes several months (most problems started with TMT update) to find a problem even the community managers seemed to experience before one of their latest streams (they mentioned that it took very long time to load the Cobra screen and explained that this was the reason why the stream was delayed). Maybe the Devs should be given more time to fix stuff.

I don't know what's going on. The whole game industry seems to destroy themselves in the last couple of months. [down]

And this will only get worse when they add more and more DLC content pack with more scenery pieces.

It's time for optimization and QoL updates, Frontier.

And this will only get worse when they add more and more DLC content pack with more scenery pieces.

It's time for optimization and QoL updates, Frontier.

That´s nothing new, I was honestly expecting the BETA was for this purpose, to help them with optimization and similar things. on the other hand, that period was too short to have any real effect. Now, I´m afraid, it´s too late.

"We are working on it." To be honest - nowadays I really start to doubt it. The least they could do is to explain to us why it is hard to find a solution instead of announcing new stuff (F25) and celebrating their anniversary (celebrating something in a time in which PlanCo and Elite both have problems). they have now so many community managers - why is it so difficult to communicate to us in a truthful matter. People wouldn't complain as much when we would get told why it is so difficult to find a fix when it on the other hand is possible to add even more stuff so it gets even more complicated to find the problem when adding potentially new ones.[wacky]

Frontier asks us for our patience (which we showed for weeks/months now) I ask Frontier now to fix that TMT issue in the game and (so far) all DLC I paid for!!!

Agree, their communication is weird. It really is needed to explain us some things instead of being vague about it. Well, you know, you have to understand that up until now, community was very careless about it, usually protecting devs. So they had no reason to change this attitude.

Oh btw, yes, they have many community managers and I like to compare it to teleshoping actually. We have so many live streams and everything, but it´s all just to keep sales going. There is a lot of efforts in this and I wish the game itself got the same amount of efforts actually. But it doesn´t seem to be the case (except the paid DLCs)

I really feel that the reason they are not open about stuff is because of someone higher up doesn´t want to be transparent to the customers.

I´m sure there are devs, or even devs reading this right now, that would want nothing more than explain in detail why things are like this now but they are simply not allowed to. Which really is a shame.

That is true. Even the UI is loading very slow (without TmT), now it got just worse. For that, there is no excuse, because even indie Parkitect found a solution for this, so why not Planet Coaster? Imo, there should be more buzz about this within the community, because if we will ignore the issues, saying it´s all ok, Frontier will not rly do their best and focus on other things instead. I must be negative as usually, but my intentions are only the best. Want PC to be great game and usually, if there is something rly wrong with the game, community must be vocal about it.

Except for the fact that parkitect doesn't look nearly as good as PC and building is locked to grids. Make no mistake about it, Parkitect is a cool little game and is most definetely better optimized compared to PC, but the fact remains that it's only a minor step up from a game like RCT 2, a game that came out 17 years ago. I'd rather have a optimization solution for PC and you are right in saying we have to make it an issue, because if Frontier doesn't improve this, people will probably just stop buying dlc content packs that just bloat the game even further.

bad fps is down to some TMT creators not having much of a clue of the importance of LODs.
I only use my own creations in my game and it runs like a charm.
But it takes me double the time to make an item compared to others,
because my biggest priority is on good poly reduction which in return does not make the fps drown.

Like, two dinosaurs eat as much performance as all of my items together, and i made a few. Funny thing is, those guys get hailed for doing such "awesome" work whilst i have to take insults and whatnot.

How about some Quality Check procedure? That would eliminate the lag that otherwise can't be repaired.
Or some kind of Index score that would be listed in the TMT item details on the website, and which could be used by us for adding it to the description in the Workshop.
Just so in the future people know how "heavy" an item really is in terms of performance, because only being told and seeing it on pictures doesn't say much about the overall quality of work.

Edit: the word i was looking for in connection with the index score was Benchmark, let's throw it into the discussion: #benchmark

bad fps is down to some TMT creators not having much of a clue of the importance of LODs.
I only use my own creations in my game and it runs like a charm.
But it takes me double the time to make an item compared to others,
because my biggest priority is on good poly reduction which in return does not make the fps drown.

Like, two dinosaurs eat as much performance as all of my items together, and i made a few. Funny thing is, those guys get hailed for doing such "awesome" work whilst i have to take insults and whatnot.

How about some Quality Check procedure? That would eliminate the lag that otherwise can't be repaired.
Or some kind of Index score that would be listed in the TMT item details on the website, and which could be used by us for adding it to the description in the Workshop.
Just so in the future people know how "heavy" an item really is in terms of performance, because only being told and seeing it on pictures doesn't say much about the overall quality of work.

Edit: the word i was looking for in connection with the index score was Benchmark, let's throw it into the discussion: #benchmark

This! With a lot of freedom comes a lot of responsibility. This probably is not the whole answer, but it does impact. Just because you now CAN design beautiful TMT objects with "unlimited" polygons doesn't mean that it is a good idea to do so. Everything has a cost attached to it, in this case performance will go down with high LODs etc. Yes, there are other issues with performance, some related to TMT, but keeping reasonable LODs should be a given in all cases.

It is similar to the fact that you can theoretically add as many objects as you like to your park. But at some point you will run into a wall where the FPS will suffer. Where that wall is depends somewhat on which computer you are running on. Eventually even the most powerful computer in the world will slow down given enough objects in the game. This is true even for a perfectly optimized game. Just because you can have a building with 10k+ objects doesn't mean it is a great idea to do so. Optimization also must reside on the user itself to keep the object count down and still maintain a good looking building. There are no such thing as unlimited resources.

I do agree that some sort of benchmark for TMT items should be put in place for this very reason. Or, unless you make your own TMT items, assume that what you are downloading may not be optimized at all and live with the consequences.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
The cry for optimization is silly to me. Consider that a lot of things in this Game consist of multiple placed objects. Like people said, this freedom comes to a price. I think some People throw out "Optimiziation" as if it is some kind of magic thing. You can only do so much in terms of optimization. I think players themselves need to restrain themselves and scale back the Number of Pieces used. Some Blueprints are to blame as well. Just because you CAN use 4k pieces in a Blueprint doesn't mean that you should in all cases.

The cry for optimization is silly to me. Consider that a lot of things in this Game consist of multiple placed objects. Like people said, this freedom comes to a price. I think some People throw out "Optimiziation" as if it is some kind of magic thing. You can only do so much in terms of optimization. I think players themselves need to restrain themselves and scale back the Number of Pieces used. Some Blueprints are to blame as well. Just because you CAN use 4k pieces in a Blueprint doesn't mean that you should in all cases.

Yes, Optimization is a magic thing actually, but some developers are just not good at it. In the end, the game simply is not optimized for current hardware. That in my opinion is one of the things developers should do. Make the game to perform good on HW that is available. In this regards, I think PC failed (so did RCT3 back in the days, but PC seems to be much bigger problem at this point).

The tools and how they work also do not help players to keep the game "optimized" either. Already mentioned long time ago, that I simply think PbP in this form doesn´t work and especially casual players rly don´t realize this might cause some problems. I wish we could simply build walls just like in The Sims and apply texture on it, instead of placing hundreds and thousands of individual wall pieces, each being separate item of various sizes and textures.

If players "restrain" themself, I think for most of the current fans, that would be "destructive" actually, because there is not much that this game offers that creative sandbox. But in PC, it only works only when you push the limits. When you are restrained, you will get no interesting results and in the end, it will be boring.

Optimization does not mean that the game will yield high frames per second. If you look at what the game achieves, you could argue the game is quite well optimized, also for current hardware; the game is capable of utilizing multiple cores and multi-threading for instance. The TMTK does affect the loading times in a rather unpleasant way, making them a lot longer than they should be. The transitions between the scenery and building menus also seem to be affected by the TMTK. Note that this is likely a bug, which might or might not get fixed eventually.

Last edited:
Top Bottom