Is Planet Coaster abandoned?

Since the last DLC almost one year old I am curious that the devs diceded to abandon this iteration of the game and focus elswhere? It seems very likely in my opinon, but I am dissapointed a bit - I hoped for a Soaked! type DLC very badly, and I am sure that so many others feel the same way. I'd even welcomed a fresh new direction in the scope with circuses and it's show director mechanics. So even if the game is awesome, I am a bit dissapointed that they not carry on with it and make the most complete theme park game - business considerations behind to blame I think.

This is what they are working on.
I'm expecting something new after that tbh.

This also for me eliminates the possibility of a Planco 2 anytime soon.
If they can optimize the game for consoles, they can also make the pc version maybe more optimized.

Last edited:

This is what they are working on.
I'm expecting something new after that tbh.

This also for me eliminates the possibility of a Planco 2 anytime soon.
If they can optimize the game for consoles, they can also make the pc version maybe more optimized.

Ohh, I completly forgotten this version of the game. What you say is seems logical and neither I big fan of a Planet Coaster 2, I'd better like more serious content expansion and reworks on this game, just like they do with Elite Dangerous. Maybe if they finish the console edition, it will also come with a game update to the PC version as well; and maybeee with some fresh new content (finger crossed for aquapark).

I think they have no plans for any type of water park expansion pack like RCT3. It would require modifying the base game code. The water physics aren't as good as RCT3. They rushed the log flume and rapids for official launch. Although the riders do react to splash downs, like on the log flume. Maybe it's the drop that they are screaming to not the water? But if there is no new content at all this year, I would be very surprised. Maybe after the console edition.

Top Bottom