Is Powerplay broken or is it just stupid?

If this is a bug, I'd like to report it, no biggie...
... but is Powerplay really so worthless as to not keep an item when you're no longer sworn to a superpower? I've been playing a long time, roughly 3k hours, and since Powerplay came out I never bothered doing it. Last month I decided that, while I was back in the bubble to farm some credits for future content, I would do some powerplay. I chose Aisling Duval and after 4 weeks was awarded with unlocking Prismatic Shields. Cool. 3 days ago I had to go out of town for business. I defected right before leaving so that I wouldn't be bothered with getting chased down for 3 days. I got back today, servers down for update. Cool. When servers came back online I no longer have access to Prismatic shields.

Did I just waste an entire Real Life Month of gameplay? Is Powerplay really this worthless? I'm in Medupe City, Aisling Duval's Headquarters, and I cannot buy Prismatics... so Bug or Powerplay is ? Should I report this? What do I do here?

You defected so you lost access to said modules. Did you stock up on them?
No. It says specifically in the description that the item would be Unlocked. When defecting it gave zero indication that I would lose access to what I've earned. Basically, I wasted an entire month on this ?

No where does it say this is a penalty. It also specifically says Unlocks.

This is quite upsetting. If I repledge, what happens?

Attachments

• 20190918202243_1.jpg
    20190918202243_1.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 300
If this is a bug, I'd like to report it, no biggie...
... but is Powerplay really so worthless as to not keep an item when you're no longer sworn to a superpower? I've been playing a long time, roughly 3k hours, and since Powerplay came out I never bothered doing it. Last month I decided that, while I was back in the bubble to farm some credits for future content, I would do some powerplay. I chose Aisling Duval and after 4 weeks was awarded with unlocking Prismatic Shields. Cool. 3 days ago I had to go out of town for business. I defected right before leaving so that I wouldn't be bothered with getting chased down for 3 days. I got back today, servers down for update. Cool. When servers came back online I no longer have access to Prismatic shields.

Did I just waste an entire Real Life Month of gameplay? Is Powerplay really this worthless? I'm in Medupe City, Aisling Duval's Headquarters, and I cannot buy Prismatics... so Bug or Powerplay is poopoo? Should I report this? What do I do here?
Okay, you get some sympathy, but not much and none if you do this again. Congrat for proving false what you don't know won't hurt you and that it is true a little learning is a dangerous thing. Just finished my first year of power play, with one power (Patreus), and yes it is worth playing and yes you wasted a month if you only played to get some shield you will only need if you do PVP. My year has netted countless friends and good times plus APAs are serious fun; and as a trader I've netted 7B while learning more this year than in the previous 2 years. If you really want a return on game time investment, look up/connect with any Patreus player on our discord. o7 Cmdr, or if you stay/return to AD, look us up anyway, she's an ally of ours.

Deleted member 192138

D
Correct way to engage with power play:
Pledge on a Thursday.
Wait three weeks and five days, get your merits (I suggest NPC murder in an anarchy control system rather than space trucking which is super boring clicking exercise similar to poop cycling but you don't get decent money for it) and cash them with your power.
After tick, buy all your modules to stock up.
Pledge for the next module.

Any engagement with power play outside of this is a waste of time on broken, poorly implemented game mechanics that are antagonistic to wider BGS. Do all this in open, because if you're mucking around with the game for other people you should at least be able to meet them, and don't trust anyone that encourages you to do power play in private or solo.

I’m new to PP too, just been engaging with it over the last month. Perhaps I am wrong, but I imagine that it’s no different to joining a certain private member’s golf club, which allows members to buy the club’s official balls, only to find out that when you later cancel your membership, you can’t buy the balls anymore. This doesn’t seem unreasonable to me. You still own the balls you bought when you were a member.

"Should you leave a power, all benefits are immediately revoked, but any modules unlocked as a reward and purchased are kept."

From page 125 of the ED manual available on the PC Launcher. There are 12 graphic pages and a link to YouTube videos (in the Pilot Training section) about Power Play. I don't think that the ED videos mention this.

Of course I've never actually read this section versus researching it just now. I always research any new game play with online posts and YouTube videos by ED as well as experienced players versus the manual.

Regards

That really sucks, man. I'm sorry that happened to you.

But yeah you gotta buy the modules, store them, then defect. I suggest re pledging to duval and using the month to save up a buttload of money. Because you'll want to buy prismatics of various sizes, some twice. Like 2 6's and 2 5's etc as their the most popular.

On the ratings tab it lists the ratings and what each rating does.
Rating 3 unlocks any special items available.
Reasoning indicates the obvious here, that is that in order to buy the objects you need to maintain a rating of 3, not doing so puts you at a lower rating or the interesting option of defecting equals no rating at all.

This is a page with instructions on the effects of being a powerplay member for each power of the powerplay collective.
This is much like those who build models or Ikea furniture and only glance at the instructions and oddly find they have extra parts once they are finished building the project and have no idea why they have these parts and then are also the people that are surprised later when project or model either falls apart or fails to provide the same entertainment or value of use later in life. Obviously ending often in irate letter to manufacturer to which they get no response or maybe a gift certificate for 50 cents to a Chucky Cheese in a neighboring state or country.

On the ratings tab it lists the ratings and what each rating does.
Rating 3 unlocks any special items available.
Reasoning indicates the obvious here, that is that in order to buy the objects you need to maintain a rating of 3, not doing so puts you at a lower rating or the interesting option of defecting equals no rating at all.

This ^^
If you keep your rating with the said Power at 3, you get the benefit - aka the Power specific weapon.

Sorry for you OP - better ask if you are not sure about something

Otherwise, if you really want to get Prismatics make sure you get more than one of each size
I'd say get 2 of each size, then 2 more from the sizes 3-4-5-6

I’m new to PP too, just been engaging with it over the last month. Perhaps I am wrong, but I imagine that it’s no different to joining a certain private member’s golf club, which allows members to buy the club’s official balls, only to find out that when you later cancel your membership, you can’t buy the balls anymore. This doesn’t seem unreasonable to me. You still own the balls you bought when you were a member.
lol, so many balls I'm confused, it's simple, join the club, you get to play with their balls, you leave the clubs you obviosuly can't play with their balls anymore, unless you hid a few balls in your secret place and took them home with you, then you can play with thier balls, but once you leave if you aint got any balls stashed, no club balls for you.

Its dumb and stupid because its mechanics are getting on to be 5 years old and was never updated with anything new- and that even new stuff made little sense anyway.

Top Bottom