Is "Save"ing still a legitimate tactic to avoid destruction ?

Genar-Hofoen, they most certainly didn't read through the thread. They're missing the all important ingredient.

A WHOLE SERVING of

KABLOOEY!

Last edited:
Ah right .. yes, I thought he was in a Cobra which can't be caught by anything (live - 2.1 will change things up ;))

He was in an Anaconda.

Right - so public apology to GF.

The OP was wrong to log out. (Whilst it's allowed by FD I can see why it would upset the PvP crowd. You fly in open, you take your chances)

Ah right .. yes, I thought he was in a Cobra which can't be caught by anything (live - 2.1 will change things up ;))

He was in an Anaconda.

Right - so public apology to GF.

The OP was wrong to log out. (Whilst it's allowed by FD I can see why it would upset the PvP crowd. You fly in open, you take your chances)

Really Liqua the OP was honest enough to say they logged out (which is likely to get them attacked) so I don't see why we can't believe that they'd got out of fire range. Yeah it's unlikely but if the FDL pilot isn't on the forum and doesn't read the manual it's possible they don't even know about boost, unlikely but possible.

If the OP got out of weapons range and their shields had come back up I really don't see the issue, the FDL pilot clearly wasn't up to chasing a target down.

Sandro Sammarco

Lead Designer
Frontier
Hello Commanders!

To clarify: the official stance on exiting the game via the menu, at any point, is that it is legitimate. I suspect at some point we may increase the "in danger" countdown, but for now you just have to wait fifteen seconds.

However, we can't speak for how other Commanders view such actions.

For the record, when we talk about "combat logging" at Frontier, we mean the act of ungracefully exiting the game (either by ALT-F4 type procedures or by cutting the network traffic).

Hello Commanders!

To clarify: the official stance on exiting the game via the menu, at any point, is that it is legitimate. I suspect at some point we may increase the "in danger" countdown, but for now you just have to wait fifteen seconds.

For the record, when we talk about "combat logging" at Frontier, we mean the act of ungracefully exiting the game (either by ALT-F4 type procedures or by cutting the network traffic).

It works wonderfully, nice job

Really Liqua the OP was honest enough to say they logged out (which is likely to get them attacked) so I don't see why we can't believe that they'd got out of fire range. Yeah it's unlikely but if the FDL pilot isn't on the forum and doesn't read the manual it's possible they don't even know about boost, unlikely but possible.

If the OP got out of weapons range and their shields had come back up I really don't see the issue, the FDL pilot clearly wasn't up to chasing a target down.

True. Ignoring the digression of the thread (mode invasion has nothing to do with this):
- OP starts a fight against an FDL whilst flying an Anaconda (people really ought to write that in full .. Conda/Cobra looks the same to me at times :S)
- FDL starts to win the fight
- OP legs it
- OP notices that they are gaining ground and the intensity of the fire slows down
- OP logs out via menu (trying to find quote by FD to support this** - Combat Logging is defined HERE by FD and it only references Alt-F4 / crashing the client so NOT menu log out)

Had the OP continued until the FDL wasn't on radar I think this would have been a non issue.

Yes I agree that it's possible they got out of range (Anaconda: 208/278 vs FDL: 302/406 assuming both had A drives) but it's unlikely ... even so this is a question of ethics.

• Ethically the OP did nothing wrong. (Not against the rules)
  • The fact that the PvP crowd see differently is up to them.

It was a non issue until the FDL contacted the Anaconda pilota hours later .. that smacks of a sore loser to me ;)

**EDIT:
Sandro saves the day with clarification on Menu logging ! Ninja'd by the best

Last edited:
Technically, you did not do anything wrong.

However, you completely lost respect in the PvP community by what you did and you will be called out for it.

Congratz on making many KoS lists, mine included.

That's all.

Oh no, look OP, that's the end of the world! You lost the respect of the entire PvP community which this person is the spokesman for.

I would not worry too much about SDC, though. In fact, one emminent member of them can teach you a thing or two about 15s log out the efficient way.

Emergent Gameplay at its best. The anaconda picked a fight with a better armed FDL, perhaps not on purpose. Realized the FDL was too much and made a strategic retreat the FDL was unable to counter. Once the Anaconda thought he was safe he logged out giving the FDL 15 seconds to move in and kill him. The FDL had performance issues and couldn't close the deal. Sounds like the OP was the one collecting SALT this time. Seems to me having the skill to rebuild your shields and get your ship in enough of a state that it can survive those 15 seconds and not die is no worse a tactic than a clearly superior combat-ship attacking a non-combat decked out trader. Maybe the Anaconda should've just kept boosting till the FDL fell off the radar and then logged out. Maybe the FDL wouldn't have been crying so much then.

Oh no, look OP, that's the end of the world! You lost the respect of the entire PvP community which this person is the spokesman for.

I would not worry too much about SDC, though. In fact, one emminent member of them can teach you a thing or two about 15s log out the efficient way.

C'mon matey - read through all the thread before posting - we all moved beyond that point you responded to.

[heart]

Hello Sandro! It's great you swung by and added a few words on this.

Aye a non issue, a cheeky confession by a fellow commander and some missing KABLOOEY.

That's pretty much the summary of the last 12 pages :D

Don't forget the heated discussion between CMDRs and last but not least the "court room simulator 2016".:D
Aye, an interesting Thread indeed. Had to make popcorn 2 times inorder to finish all pages...

Last edited:
Don't forget the heated discussion between CMDRs and last but not least the "court room simulator 2016".:D
Aye, an interesting Thread indeed. Had to make popcorn 2 times inorder to finish all pages...

LOL yes, the court room simulator was well worth the read in and of itself.

The thread had it all. Attempted murder, subterfuge, conspiracy, drama, court room sim & lots of delicious popcorn moments.

Rinder approves!

tumblr_inline_np53r1HuBB1t749xu_500.gif

Notice how after Sandro chimes in with the official stance all the no lifer "put you on my kill list" organised griefers disappear back into their holes.

Some of you guys take this game far too seriously. So the OP combat logged, fine. However, he's 10 times better a person for coming on here and seeking advice on it than the combat loggers who do it day in, day out. Maybe lay off on the kill on sight nonsense, it just shows others how shallow and without a real life outside of this game some of you actually have.

C'mon matey - read through all the thread before posting - we all moved beyond that point you responded to.

I did, more or less. And it does not make the first page less valid, as far as declarations go. This kind of talk has been present on the forums for a long time, and it appears it will remain so. This thread development won't change a thing about that. So if one is allowed to state his mind that bluntly, another should be too.

Sounds to me like a non issue no matter how you lay out the combat logging rules. (and as stated by FD, what he did was completely fine)

The OP was well out of range with the FDL unable to catch up. He could have just kept boosting and the FDL eventually would have fallen so far behind that he could have safely logged without the FDL ever knowing.

In all honesty, I fail to see the issue. The FDL had it's chance but was not able to take the Conda down because it was too slow.

//edit: I'm not a PvP player but had a few run ins with people trying to take me down and quite a few of them managed to outrun me once I outgunned them. Kudos to them, I was too slow. That's why now I fly a FAS.

Last edited:
Notice how after Sandro chimes in with the official stance all the no lifer "put you on my kill list" organised griefers disappear back into their holes.

Some of you guys take this game far too seriously. So the OP combat logged, fine. However, he's 10 times better a person for coming on here and seeking advice on it than the combat loggers who do it day in, day out. Maybe lay off on the kill on sight nonsense, it just shows others how shallow and without a real life outside of this game some of you actually have.

Well, here we go again...
I will start by quoting Sandro in the post above, saying:
and KOS Listing is a direct consequence of this view of other Commanders. Nothing more and nothing less. (And as stated in this thread 'legal' gameplay, as long as it stays ingame)
Besides, if you read through the Thread, you would have seen that the OP further explained his situation, and accused KOS Listers removed said Persons from their KOS Lists. (Well before Sandros post)

But I think further diving into "Is KOS Listing really OK?" is not in site with the OP.
If you really want a conversation about that, I would recommend starting a new thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom