Is The Game Rigged Or Is It Just Me?

I have a Python outfitted primarily as a cargo runner, packed with as much cargo racks as possible. Armed basically just for evasion and defense. I also have an Asp Explorer set up primarily for exploration and salvage, with a quite limited cargo space (38 units max if I recall).

What peeves me and I've noticed this A LOT, is whenever I'm in the Asp and I come to a station, there are almost ALWAYS tons of high paying cargo missions. Multi-million credit missions. I see 2-3 million credit missions quite often, and sometimes even more. These are missions that far exceed my Asp's capacity but they fall well within the capacity of my Python's hold.

Switch back to the Python and these kinds of higher paying missions suddenly become quite rare and do not turn up that frequently at all. Get back in the Asp, and voila! They're miraculously back and appearing all over the place again!

WHAT GIVES?

Yea, and not just those cargo missions. Mining missions (before core was a thing) were like that too. Loads of missions for Osmium, come back with a boat load, can't find a single mission.
And don't even get me started with NPC interdiction cheating (like starting interdiction from hundreds of LS away and not even behind target). I know this as I saw it all unfold as I watched my wing mate get interdicted time after time, after time by some cheating AI.

Yea, and not just those cargo missions. Mining missions (before core was a thing) were like that too. Loads of missions for Osmium, come back with a boat load, can't find a single mission.
And don't even get me started with NPC interdiction cheating (like starting interdiction from hundreds of LS away and not even behind target). I know this as I saw it all unfold as I watched my wing mate get interdicted time after time, after time by some cheating AI.

I find this useful to be honest - when im looking at the mission USS 2000ls away and suddenly he interdicts me its like "ok thanks..." lol

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
It can feel like it is!
When my cargo hold is full of bromelite, no missions need it. When I'm empty, loads of missions for it. Same with osmium, and methane clathreate(sp?).

Thanks to the cargo depot you can accept missions when you're in a small ship and switch to a bigger ship later to pick up the cargo. (Strangely the game doesn't let you do it the other way around because 'Ship Too Large' and grayed-out accept button.)

I could only see that working in limited circumstances. Such as if the 2 ships in question are already at the same station. But if they aren't and the station does not have a shipyard then you couldn't have your other ship transported over anyway.

It's an interesting idea though that I hadn't considered. May test this theory out.

Truth is, the game was rigged from the start
maxresdefault[1].jpg

Also, the kind of missions is generated based on certain factors i'd say, such as the state and / or economy of a system.
It's too bad that we can't select our desired mission types or "roles" we'd like to fulfill and have missions generated by given criteria.

It can feel like it is!
When my cargo hold is full of bromelite, no missions need it. When I'm empty, loads of missions for it. Same with osmium, and methane clathreate(sp?).
The gaming gods can be fickle and sometimes just plain malicious. I remember back in the days of GTA: Vice City, one of the side missions was stealing cars to order. All of a sudden a relatively common model would seem to all but vanish from the mean streets of Vice City, only appearing when you were otherwise occupied and usually not in a position to steal it. The easiest way to beat it was to get a guide and pre-emptively steal and store the requisite models before starting the mission.

I could only see that working in limited circumstances. Such as if the 2 ships in question are already at the same station. But if they aren't and the station does not have a shipyard then you couldn't have your other ship transported over anyway.

It's an interesting idea though that I hadn't considered. May test this theory out.

I do it quite often. But you're right I do it mostly in the station where I have my ships stored and sometimes in surrounding systems no more than one jump away.

Trade and passenger missions have been very disappointing lately. Few and far between are the good paying ones. I've been on a couple of hours today and looked frequently for good paying missions and nothing until late in the day when I got a 10mill paycheck to fetch 90t of palladium ... but the closest place to land a large ship that had palladium was a surface station. Accepted it as soon as I saw it. I wanted to get more seat time in my new large ship so outposts were a plan-b. It took More time but it worked out good.

GL HF

Switching ships (apparently, I've never observed this myself) will refresh the boards.

Just a question... you know you can accept delivery missions even if you don't have sufficient cargo space now, right? If switching ships seems to be making them disappear, accept them before you switch ships.

Top Bottom