Is the Golcanda event over? I just got to the bubble!

Last night I loaded up on 3 of each required item for the last phase, which says it will last till the 26th, even though it was the 22nd, I couldn't find any megaships besides the Golconda itself. What the heck?

Yeah, both Golconda related CG;s are done. Had it end while I was mid flight back with a load of thallium.. Took a loss on that sale.

Yeah, I was disappointed to find it had ended already too. I only ever really get a chance to play at weekends, so I’d been looking forward to doing a bit of cargo running on Saturday, only to find it had finished already.

I know that this is “how it works” and all, but it’s not great for people who haven’t got leisure time at their disposal so easily :(

This was the first II/CG event that really got me interested; if this is how they usually work out, I’ll know to add them to my list of things not to do in future. It looks like my odd van-load of stuff I could have managed wouldn’t have made much difference anyway!

The megaships are still there .... we are invited to board the winning megaship to collect a decal .... you can too, but not until December:
'The Golconda' decal will be available to commanders who dock at the Outpost or the Federal megaship from 5 December to 16 December.

Stick around for the Beta .... you should find yourself back in the black :D .... apparently a snapshot of our location was taken on Nov 18th.

The megaships are still there .... we are invited to board the winning megaship to collect a decal .... you can too, but not until December:
'The Golconda' decal will be available to commanders who dock at the Outpost or the Federal megaship from 5 December to 16 December.

True, but collecting the decal without having taken part in the deliveries, that does seem a bit, well.. “John Terry” :)

Perhaps selfishly, I would have liked to have a guaranteed weekend window of opportunity to join in a bit. I’m just envious of those with more leisure time available than I have, probably :D

Perhaps selfishly, I would have liked to have a guaranteed weekend window of opportunity to join in a bit. I’m just envious of those with more leisure time available than I have, probably :D

Which of course attracted all the naysayers....

True, but collecting the decal without having taken part in the deliveries, that does seem a bit, well.. “John Terry” :)

The decal is available to all players as a result of the "efforts" of others, the same way every other freebie has been available to all, even if they just visit a station while the CG/II is in progress (perhaps delivering a ton of something). I have no issues with other players collecting the decal in celebration of the saving of the Golcondans from a fate of forever travelling into the blackness of space.

Collect the decal without conscience and rejoice !

Which is incredibly stupid because I didn't take part to the CG's but I can get the decal anyway by simply docking there 🤦‍♂️ But I won't. It makes no sense to me 🤷‍♂️

Which is incredibly stupid because I didn't take part to the CG's but I can get the decal anyway by simply docking there 🤦‍♂️ But I won't. It makes no sense to me 🤷‍♂️
That's like denying AX weapons to those who didn't take part in the appropriate CGs .... and to commanders who visit the new space ports in Colonia (which were supported by CGs) ... or even the new WHN systems .... and rare goods that have been supported by CGs ......

It's a game. The fleshing out of game features is supported by in-game events. It doesn't mean you are denied new features because you didn't take part.

That's like denying AX weapons to those who didn't take part in the appropriate CGs .... and to commanders who visit the new space ports in Colonia (which were supported by CGs) ... or even the new WHN systems .... and rare goods that have been supported by CGs ......

It's a game. The fleshing out of game features is supported by in-game events. It doesn't mean you are denied new features because you didn't take part.
I see it differently. A decal is a wtiness/evidence that proves that you did something special. When everyon can have it it's not special anymore.
The AX weapon is a tool that you can buy at the "supermarket" so having it, it doesn't wittnesses anything. I would compare the AX weapons to the new outpost with the new rare commodity that is available for everyone.

I see it differently. A decal is a wtiness/evidence that proves that you did something special. When everyon can have it it's not special anymore.
The AX weapon is a tool that you can buy at the "supermarket" so having it, it doesn't wittnesses anything. I would compare the AX weapons to the new outpost with the new rare commodity that is available for everyone.
I understand your viewpoint. The decal is very generic-looking, so it's not as if it says "I saved the Golcondans!" So it has uses for decorating ships long after we've forgotten what it was for :)

Dropping one ton on a CG isn't really special though. On the other hand, my 1% combat decal got degraded to 10%. :p

Top Bottom