Is the Thargoid storyline dead?

I've only been playing since late 2019, and I love the game for many reasons, but I'm wondering if Fdev has something up their sleeve regarding the Thargoid storyline?

ObsidianAnt's video "Whatever Happened To the Thargoids?"
Source: https://youtu.be/9C1SrV1kPVw
is interesting...clearly we are just waiting for the next development in the story, right? There are these beautiful planetary sites, amazing visual and sound design, but they have no purpose? Yeah we had a mini incursion a few months ago...but then nothing. Rumors are that we will see Thargoids in the flesh in the New Era...But in the meantime there is literally nothing going on. No developments, no story, no conflict zones, nothing.

What bugs me (no pun intended) is the complete utter lack of ANYTHING going on...it makes it feel like FDev has completely stopped paying attention to this game? I mean, even if there is some big event planned, having nothing happen for months and months (years?) is not a good look.

FDev, the silence and lack of events makes me think you have completely stopped working on this game.

Wouldn't giving us little tidbits, little events here-and-there, something to keep it interesting, be good business? To draw players in, to give them something to do, a goal to reach, something to look forward to...

How can you justify months and months of NOTHING? Either you don't care, or you have something up your sleeve. It can't possibly be such a huge burden on the dev/ops team to make something...anything happen.

It's kind of like the galnet thing...clearly writing a galnet article is a burden too large to handle. If this silence continues, I sure hope we are blown away by what's coming later.

With a major paid update coming it would make no sense whatsoever for the Thargoids to not be a major part of it. No, the thargoid storyline isn't dead.

Always been very disapointed with the whole Thargoid story.
A bit like the day after a Vindaloo and discovering you forgot to buy loo roll...
Oh I don't know... I enjoyed the Goid unknown structures a lot! Especially activating the machine in the middle. Can't say I go in for the Goid bashing much but then combat isn't per se my thing.

Deleted member 38366

D
Is anyone surprised?

According to official statistics, by Dec 16th 3305 a total of 4788600 Thargoids had been destroyed by humans already. Almost 5 Million.
1590100434298.png

Being the 2nd large Thargoid War that the Thargoids lost (the 1st one almost eradicating their entire race), even the current warhawks in the Thargoid hive have come to terms that the Thargoid War machine and its limited biomechanical technology is no match against the aggressive humans.

I've only been playing since late 2019, and I love the game for many reasons, but I'm wondering if Fdev has something up their sleeve regarding the Thargoid storyline?

ObsidianAnt's video "Whatever Happened To the Thargoids?"
Source: https://youtu.be/9C1SrV1kPVw
is interesting...clearly we are just waiting for the next development in the story, right? There are these beautiful planetary sites, amazing visual and sound design, but they have no purpose? Yeah we had a mini incursion a few months ago...but then nothing. Rumors are that we will see Thargoids in the flesh in the New Era...But in the meantime there is literally nothing going on. No developments, no story, no conflict zones, nothing.

What bugs me (no pun intended) is the complete utter lack of ANYTHING going on...it makes it feel like FDev has completely stopped paying attention to this game? I mean, even if there is some big event planned, having nothing happen for months and months (years?) is not a good look.

FDev, the silence and lack of events makes me think you have completely stopped working on this game.

Wouldn't giving us little tidbits, little events here-and-there, something to keep it interesting, be good business? To draw players in, to give them something to do, a goal to reach, something to look forward to...

How can you justify months and months of NOTHING? Either you don't care, or you have something up your sleeve. It can't possibly be such a huge burden on the dev/ops team to make something...anything happen.

It's kind of like the galnet thing...clearly writing a galnet article is a burden too large to handle. If this silence continues, I sure hope we are blown away by what's coming later.
They'll be back. And in greater numbers than before.

Last edited:
Probably waiting for Next Era, considering the leaks.
But thats what a Thargoid would say...
Maybe we should turn the searchlights on now?
No! No, that's just what they'll be EXPECTING us to do.

They'll be back. And in greater numbers than before.
They're easily startled then?

My guess: something being added in the "big update" in 2020 / 2021. FD knows they have to produce something of substance as this has languished far too long. Col 70 Sector has been teased at us since Horizons was released. Lore concerning the Thargoids points to something IN Col 70 Sector. FD knows better than to just NOT take this to the next level.

Last edited:
Top Bottom