Is the Thargoid storyline dead?

FUDSTERS! Plenty of Thargoid story content, as detailed in the beta patch notes ;)

1590137160348.png

Well, we really kicked the Thargoids. On some weeks all their incursions and infestations were cleared out. We're still repairing the damage they did though. I think it would be a bit much if they could mount another invasion right away while we're still recovering, when it was them that emphatically lost. That wouldn't be much of a story, it would just be cheesy.

They're still skulking in the Pleiades and I expect they'll be back for another go eventually.

Is anyone surprised?

According to official statistics, by Dec 16th 3305 a total of 4788600 Thargoids had been destroyed by humans already. Almost 5 Million.
View attachment 173958

Being the 2nd large Thargoid War that the Thargoids lost (the 1st one almost eradicating their entire race), even the current warhawks in the Thargoid hive have come to terms that the Thargoid War machine and its limited biomechanical technology is no match against the aggressive humans.

Thargoids don't exist

They're easily startled then?
Yep, they also walk in single file to hide their numbers.

Weirdly, if applied metaphorically, considered at civilisation level, and with some conceptual translation to account for them being aliens not reskinned humans, and the scales they seem to operate on, then all three points may well be accurate.

Will you Bally well infants please accept that Goids (as the common tongue calls them) simply do not exist, what what?

Now Santa, he is real, isn't that right santa?

What's that?, We couldn't possibly do that Santa, after all, who would clear up all the mess?

Tatty bye

Will you Bally well infants please accept that Goids (as the common tongue calls them) simply do not exist, what what?

Now Santa, he is real, isn't that right santa?

What's that?, We couldn't possibly do that Santa, after all, who would clear up all the mess?

Tatty bye
They exist. I killed several of them.
I never killed Santa though.

Top Bottom