Is the Thargoid storyline dead?

For now, it seems to be. Id bet after new era launches, we might see thargoid action and story lines, along with the possible return of galnet and Interstellar initiatives and community goals.

I for one am hopeful for life to be rekindled back into Elite Dangerous! As it stands right now, not gonna lie, it feels pretty dead.

If last year leaks are right, thargoids are going to be really involved with the New DLC. Of course, Thargoid War has no sense, for so long...

On another note: people always say the bubble should get attacked, but what if witch head gets destroyed in a presumed New Era attack?
Not big enough? What about Colonia? The Pleiades?
Obviously I'd be unhappy if it hit Colonia, but would the stakes be high enough?
Would people notice?
Even the 100 or what ports destroyed in the horizons attack were insignificant compared to the size of the bubble.
What size, what stakes should an "real, all out war" between thargoids, guardians and humans have?
(Obviously this must not be opt in, otherwise it's ridiculous)

I always wanted Colonia to be a siege, where it would be an ongoing campaign to save it.

On another note: people always say the bubble should get attacked, but what if witch head gets destroyed in a presumed New Era attack?
Not big enough? What about Colonia? The Pleiades?
Obviously I'd be unhappy if it hit Colonia, but would the stakes be high enough?
Would people notice?
Even the 100 or what ports destroyed in the horizons attack were insignificant compared to the size of the bubble.
What size, what stakes should an "real, all out war" between thargoids, guardians and humans have?
(Obviously this must not be opt in, otherwise it's ridiculous)

Oh for sure, if they were gonna wipe out something, it'd be one of the frontier areas. It seems like a given the folks that'd be affected directly by it would be small enough to not really matter, and for folks in the bubble, they can just continue to look at Thargoid instances, shrug, and pass on by on their next mining trip/passenger mission/8 hour stint beating up endless pirates in an asteroid field.

I've not been fighting Thargoids for that long and for me it's been amazing, slowly learning about all the events that have happened the past few years. Very much looking forward ot more and building skills in preperation in the meantime :)

me and my husband have documented our journey learning AX combat in a video series too :) it's been a lot of fun

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCtMFIuJ3y8
Great vid. Reminds me of the first days against the thargoids in the Pleiades, with the rescueship queues, and fighting the goids with nothing but
AX missiles and AX multis. No slf, no guardian things.
We needed a full wing with returning to base and CMDRs holding the instance to bring down a single Cyclops.
Good times these were :)

The new era will be the end of an era. Human era, that is. The thargoids will come and they will kill us all.

"Now once more we rise to fall
Man's destruction in the final war
Nothing's left of the human race

The planet's end, our destiny oblivion"

The new era will be the end of an era. Human era, that is. The thargoids will come and they will kill us all.

"Now once more we rise to fall
Man's destruction in the final war
Nothing's left of the human race

The planet's end, our destiny oblivion"
That's what fleet carriers are for 🤔
See you at Semotus, restricted access, only 200 towels left.

1590176748663.png

Top Bottom