Is there a docking request shortcut yet, or is it still 1-e-e-s-spacebar-s-spacebar-q-q-1

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You mean it's not muscle memory yet? Doesn't even take me 2 seconds at this point.

I usually have docking permission before I realized I requested it.

Pinky trigger, left on hat1, right on hat 2, down on hat1, execute, down on hat1, execute, release pinky trigger.

That's a X52 user, just for the record. I thought about macroing it (and lots of other things), I'll get around to it one day.

I still OFTEN forget to request docking (and to put down landing gear), but that's typical of me. :D

Pinky trigger, left on hat1, right on hat 2, down on hat1, execute, down on hat1, execute, release pinky trigger.

That's a X52 user, just for the record. I thought about macroing it (and lots of other things), I'll get around to it one day.

I still OFTEN forget to request docking (and to put down landing gear), but that's typical of me. :D

landing gear is my forgetful moment too

I'm a filthy mouse/kb plebian. I had it macroed on my old mouse. Nowadays it's second nature. Ofcourse it's a different thing if your using a HOTAS.

After the 1-e-e-s-spacebar-s-spacebar , can't you just do 1 again to flip to main view? At least cuts down a few presses.

I *could*, but if I did that, the next time I press "1-Spacebar", the wrong thing will pop up.
So that would be skimping in the wrong place...

these menus are hard to macro, the only easy solution, i know so far, is Voice Attack

unfortunately i cant get it to run on my win7 (still trying hard)

You mean it's not muscle memory yet? Doesn't even take me 2 seconds at this point.

For one thing, it forces the camera away from where I want to look during approach of a massive and very hard space station.

For another, anything my father would qualify as an absurdly stupid waste of time, like a so-so computer space game, for example, should occupy no muscle memory instruction space for its most basic and simple functions.

Like FDev stuck us with a miserable 1000 item limit for engineering materials, I'm gonna say my finger muscle memory also has a limit of 1000. And that's all reserved for playing guitar, with 2 or 3 slots left for stuffing my mouth with food.

On my side, it's so much muscle memory that, sometimes, more often than I would like, I find myself cancelling a previous request...
Shenanigans ensues when I enter the station with no clearance with a Cutter...

I'm a filthy mouse/kb plebian. I had it macroed on my old mouse. Nowadays it's second nature. Ofcourse it's a different thing if your using a HOTAS.
That would be just the thing!

Stupidly, stations are mixed in with other potential targets and not always at the top of that list. So a macro might occasionally activate the sub-menu on a ship and the subsequent s-spacebar will target that ship - and un-target the station you wanted to dock at.

Stations are always top of the list, that’s how voice attack macro works.

its also how I have developed muscle memory to request Docking using the X52 method above.

these menus are hard to macro, the only easy solution, i know so far, is Voice Attack

unfortunately i cant get it to run on my win7 (still trying hard)

Now THAT is a good suggestion!
Not sure what my family would think if I constantly say "dock!" to my computer... But I could use something else for the voice command, like "I love you honey" - then she'd come running to see who I was chatting with...

But if Voice attack can find a hook to activate the docking permission request, this must be possible to activate programatically in some way...
Some research is in order...

Last edited:

Great. After 4000 hrs, I had it perfectly on the X52, Then I changed sticks to Virpil. Now I want to scream at the station every time I want docking permission. Musscle memory can be a very bad thing.

Right hand - Logitech stick
Left hand - G13 game pad

Under the thumb there's hat.
Hat left (nav panel)/ then left to contacts, down to station, confirm, hat left and done. I could probably macro it to just one press but I'm too lazy for that...

Deleted member 110222

D
Voice attack and ASTRA voice pack.

Trust me, it's worth it.

I play on console, and I would have thought the number of 'clicks' to be the same, but you show ten for what is four for me (RB-RB-A-A...menu pops up when I look, and station is always at top of contacts list)

Maybe there is some room for efficiency gains with your bindings?

Same here. Almost don't think about it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom