Newcomer / Intro Is there any way to administer the "ignore" list?

Specifically,

1) Is there any way to add items other then locking onto a current fragment and adding it? (If I want to add more than one, or there isn't a fragment of whatever currently floating around.)

2) How do you remove something from the ignore list? Locking onto a previously ignored fragment and clicking remove from ignore list? Confirm, please.

3) Will the ignore list survive a drive wipe and reinstall, or should I be backing up a file somewhere on my system, just like I do with the keyboard bindings?

1) Is there any way to add items other then locking onto a current fragment and adding it?

Nope.

2) How do you remove something from the ignore list? Locking onto a previously ignored fragment and clicking remove from ignore list?
Correct.

3) Will the ignore list survive a drive wipe and reinstall, or should I be backing up a file somewhere on my system, just like I do with the keyboard bindings?

As far as I know it is held with the player data server side, at least I can't find anything in the usual files.

2) How do you remove something from the ignore list? Locking onto a previously ignored fragment and clicking remove from ignore list? Confirm, please.
Yeah, you have to select a fragment that the ignore function has made invisible. So it's very easy to not notice they are there.

BTW. The ignore applies to canisters of the same mineral as well as fragments. So if you have ignored gold fragments while mining, and a pirate drops some gold, it will be ignored as well.

Yep, this is one of the most head scratching things the UI team have come up with. They could've just used the mat list in your inventory for determining ignore status but they decided to stick it in contacts.

Yeah, you have to select a fragment that the ignore function has made invisible. So it's very easy to not notice they are there.

BTW. The ignore applies to canisters of the same mineral as well as fragments. So if you have ignored gold fragments while mining, and a pirate drops some gold, it will be ignored as well.

I did notice that "ignored" fragments did show up in the contact list but "grayed out". Are you sure invisibility is still the case? Maybe they modified it? But I agree with the other guy that to totally be invisible is stupid.

......... Are you sure invisibility is still the case? Maybe they modified it? But I agree with the other guy that to totally be invisible is stupid.

They are not invisible. They are just not displayed on your scanner as white rectangles. You can still see them visually and you can still target them.

For example, when in the moon buggy SRV and driving about shooting-up rocks, stuff on my ignore list doesn't show on the scanner but I can still see them and target them - this is a) a pain 'cos that piece of Polonium might be surrounded by unwanted iron etc so you end up having to target it in the Contacts Panel, and b) a boon as I can target stuff, (sulphur chunks after refuelling for example), without having to remove them from the ignore list.

Last edited:
I think it works pretty well as is. When I forget to take something off my ignore list after mining for something specific or if I’m no longer full of iron after engineering I’m very glad that they’re only greyed out and fully visible/targetable. My moan regarding the SRV and surface prospecting is the bloomin’ rock stumps left behind. Having to boost to get off a tiny little lump of depleted rock is, annoying/embarrassing ... take your pick.

Top Bottom