Is there more to the Guardian sites?

This morning I visited a Guardian site to get materials for the XG9 Lance

But I noticed what looked like doors. They are doors. And they open. But how?

This is clearly the next step in the timeline of ED. Solving the doors could even lead to Raxxla, or new technology, or ... anything.

The doors have markings on them, which could possibly be decrypted to open them.

Or maybe we just need to discover even more Guardian sites in order to trigger an event. According to Ram Tah, there could even be thousands (remember Fdev wrote his script and therefore it's probably correct)

Any ideas as to what could open the doors? Or what could lie behind?

This morning I visited a Guardian site to get materials for the XG9 Lance

But I noticed what looked like doors. They are doors. And they open. But how?

This is clearly the next step in the timeline of ED. Solving the doors could even lead to Raxxla, or new technology, or ... anything.

The doors have markings on them, which could possibly be decrypted to open them.

Or maybe we just need to discover even more Guardian sites in order to trigger an event. According to Ram Tah, there could even be thousands (remember Fdev wrote his script and therefore it's probably correct)

Any ideas as to what could open the doors? Or what could lie behind?
Nothing, sadly. Camer-glitching through shows there's nothing behind them.

Also, apologies this is a short response... it's a well-trodden topic with plenty of previous discussion, but it's late and I'm not able to dig the relevant links out.

EDIT: It's not really "glitching", btw, just using the external camera. Don't know what else to call it though.

FDev could have nerfed camera glitching quite easily (The game would simply load contents behind the door once it's opened)

If there isn't anything behind the doors, I'd be pretty annoyed.

Why would FDev make something that looks so much like a door, only there's no way to open it? It just doesn't make sense

3D models such as the Guardian sites take a very long time to create and are planned very carefully. Everything in them is pretty much there for a reason, whether it be for interaction or simply aesthetics

The doors don't really enhance the aesthetics, and they could have easily left them out and saved many hours of design and modelling. So they probably have a purpose.

Either that or they're just a red herring, which of course is entirely possible

Top Bottom