Is this hacking or not

Guest 161958

G
Cannot provide a video, but I have seen a cmdr, whose name I cannot disclose because of forum rules, who seemed like he combat logged because I did not see the flash of the ship jump.

I Immediately low waked and he was in front of me in sc. Interdicted again and exactly the same thing happened. Might be wrong but again with no hyperdrive charging notice he disappeared again in the same fashion.

I reported him for hacking especially because of the absent hyperdrive charged notice and the fact that he was in SC afterwards.

Could this be also because of poor connection on his behalf and subsequent desync?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been in the same instance with my buddy in SRVs.
He could see my tracks and so forth but not see my SRV.
I could see him just fine - but to him I was invisible.

Point is, there are enough glitches in any video game where it would be best to grant the benefit of the doubt.
It is decent that you asked about it.

Well I can't say for this CMDR. Rare case but it happens. Months ago for two times I was interdicted in Wyrd, when I was piloting my Uber DBE. I was ready to take a rebuy, but when I failed at the mini game and dropped out of supercruise, no one showed up. Two times interdicted by two different CMDRs. Maybe they see me as clogged, I don't know, and I didn't ask. Instancing problems I guess.

IMO you don't even have to ask. This game always have instancing problems, and you can't really tell it form cheating from your view.

Well I can't say for this CMDR. Rare case but it happens. Months ago for two times I was interdicted in Wyrd, when I was piloting my Uber DBE. I was ready to take a rebuy, but when I failed at the mini game and dropped out of supercruise, no one showed up. Two times interdicted by two different CMDRs. Maybe they see me as clogged, I don't know, and I didn't ask. Instancing problems I guess.

IMO you don't even have to ask. This game always have instancing problems, and you can't really tell it form cheating from your view.
I see this behavior with NPC interdictions so frequently its annoying. I've learned not to submit (because I want the pirate to appear for the easy kill), thus I quickly "lose" the mini-game which has the pirate appear every time.

I see this behavior with NPC interdictions so frequently its annoying. I've learned not to submit (because I want the pirate to appear for the easy kill), thus I quickly "lose" the mini-game which has the pirate appear every time.

Is it? I haven't seen that on NPCs before (but I also don't submit to NPCs often).

I've been in the same instance with my buddy in SRVs.
He could see my tracks and so forth but not see my SRV.
I could see him just fine - but to him I was invisible.

Point is, there are enough glitches in any video game where it would be best to grant the benefit of the doubt.
It is decent that you asked about it.
"It is decent that you asked about it. "
How is it decent when he reported the guy prior to asking about it?

Is it? I haven't seen that on NPCs before (but I also don't submit to NPCs often).
Same here. Constantly do "kill known pirate missions". Targets almost always interdict me in sc (zero throttle, submit) ridding me from following mission signal source (thanks, npc guys!).

The Replicated Man

T
Cannot provide a video, but I have seen a cmdr, whose name I cannot disclose because of forum rules, who seemed like he combat logged because I did not see the flash of the ship jump.

I Immediately low waked and he was in front of me in sc. Interdicted again and exactly the same thing happened. Might be wrong but again with no hyperdrive charging notice he disappeared again in the same fashion.

I reported him for hacking especially because of the absent hyperdrive charged notice and the fact that he was in SC afterwards.

Could this be also because of poor connection on his behalf and subsequent desync?
There was a bug that was happening up to the April update where a CMDR would wake out but it would have a delay or they would disappear right in front of you. It's a known bug. Chalk it up to shoddy netcode and poor P2P instancing.
It could be happening still, but less frequently.

Same here. Constantly do "kill known pirate missions". Targets almost always interdict me in sc (zero throttle, submit) ridding me from following mission signal source (thanks, npc guys!).
I stopped submitting about a month ago because most of the time the Pirate was missing. Did they fix that?

I stopped submitting about a month ago because most of the time the Pirate was missing. Did they fix that?
Well, I do not have multiple active missions and as a result multiple pirates who wanted to interdict me. Submitting with one pirate works for me all the time. I stopped to take several missions because I've noticed they are either in one wing (that's funny, different missions but targets in same wing) or second arrives the instance later.

Well, I do not have multiple active missions and as a result multiple pirates who wanted to interdict me. Submitting with one pirate works for me all the time. I stopped to take several missions because I've noticed they are either in one wing (that's funny, different missions but targets in same wing) or second arrives the instance later.
That makes it fun, imo. Sometimes the pirates fight eachother.

If he is not a cheater that report wouldn't do anything to him.

i wouldn't be so sure. there are reported cases of people getting warnings for no reason, and from my experience that's entirely possible: the game is glitchy, specially instancing. what you saw could be a cheat but it could perfectly be just the game messing up. people chasing invisible opponents, or having ghosts firing at you is not rare in open.

frontier has possibly gotten a lot of experience from making this game (don't worry, this is a pun for people in other threads) but it seems way too late to fix those mistakes in this version. brace for new era!

If it's a game's glitch then I do not deserve to be blamed for reporting. How do I know if it is a glitch or a trainer?

i wasn't blaming you, just giving you context. e.g., if you were convinced that's cheating and reported it, and frontier didn't take action, you would be concerned for no reason. well maybe it wasn't! fact is there isn't always an obvious way to determine cheating, not even for frontier. the last bit is actually the deepest problem in all this.

personally i've seen much worse than what you report, i wouldn't automatically flag it as cheating.

@OP i can fully load fsd and jump whilst in silent running WITHOUT heatsink with normal game mechanics
so no this was definitely not cheat in my book what you experienced...

Top Bottom