Isinona is back

Well, I watched the first half the video where he wasn't successful at pulling off a station kill with his cheapo little Viper. I'm guess I'm just harder to impress than all you members of the official Isinona fan club, because I found it kind of underwhelming. Bring me a video of him going mano e mano with any one of the other pilot's featured in the first part of that vid, then maybe. That being defined as a fight, as opposed to trying to annoy one of them into firing at him whilst Wanted.

Did you watch the second half also? :D Unengineered Viper vs several gankers ..... oops sorry SDC "players" in engineered ships ..... I am astonished he lasted that long ... incredible tactical awareness that he exhibits, and ability to think quickly and constructively while under immense pressure.

Last edited:
Well, I watched the first half the video where he wasn't successful at pulling off a station kill with his cheapo little Viper. I'm guess I'm just harder to impress than all you members of the official Isinona fan club, because I found it kind of underwhelming. Bring me a video of him going mano e mano with any one of the other pilot's featured in the first part of that vid, then maybe. That being defined as a fight, as opposed to trying to annoy one of them into firing at him whilst Wanted.

Look at me, I have five thousand hours in this game, ten fully developed combat ships with all RNG Upgrades. Someone flying with FA off doesn't impress me because it doesn't matter. My A rated RNGineer ship does.

I find your reply incredibly condescending. Be grateful you have such a massive advantage solely because you have more time to play the game.

Go man on man with one of your gank squads? How? Wing of 4, always.

The one thing I don't get is how you don't understand the rules better. He can't force a station kill, that only happens if someone commits a bounty-worthy crime. Not even the fines that get added on top of the bounty they get for their ramming attacks count as a bounty-worthy crime, which just shows how much of a joke the crime system is. You can, as a wanted player, damage ships with rams in front of a station all day long and nothing will happen unless you score the kill.

So they keep their hardpoints retracted, no shooting the guns, and they ram him over and over. Because that's how you exploit a broken system. And then you accuse him of being a station ganker, because hypocrisy is one of their other skills.

Last edited:
Well, I watched the first half the video where he wasn't successful at pulling off a station kill with his cheapo little Viper. I'm guess I'm just harder to impress than all you members of the official Isinona fan club, because I found it kind of underwhelming.

You might not have noticed that he was flying in FA Off mode during the entire video and you probably also missed the fast lateral movement when he was flying very close to the station. You also probably missed the point that he was flying an unengineered D-rated Viper. The reason why it might not look impressive at first glance is that he is flying a D-rated Viper using FA Off as easily as most players fly an A-spec, Engineered Viper with FA On.

Bring me a video of him going mano e mano with any one of the other pilot's featured in the first part of that vid, then maybe. That being defined as a fight, as opposed to trying to annoy one of them into firing at him whilst Wanted.

Do you spend much time at CGs? SDC and other griefing groups are not interested in anything resembling a "fair" fight against other CMDRs. They are only there for griefing and trolling under circumstances where they are at basically no risk. You might have noticed that they fly Engineered ships in wings and only attack individual players in much weaker ships. They are never going to fight a skilled CMDR one on one, that's sort of the point of the video as it's about interfering with those griefing activities by a skilled pilot using a much less powerful ship.

Last edited:
Did you watch the second half also? :D Unengineered Viper vs several gankers ..... oops sorry SDC "players" in engineered ships ..... I am astonished he lasted that long ... incredible tactical awareness that he exhibits, and ability to think quickly and constructively while under immense pressure.

Yes, I just watched the second half of the video. Look, I get that he makes entertaining videos, and clearly he can pilot his ship, but he makes so many mistakes re: combat that it's almost mind bending that he's being lauded for them. I've seen nothing to suggest he could stand toe to toe with a real combat pilot. Sorry guys. Nothing against Isinona, I'm just not seeing it. He tried his best at some cheap station kills in a zero risk Viper, failed, then took it out to SC and got put down without fuss. It takes more to impress me than that.

- - - Updated - - -

You might not have noticed that he was flying in FA Off mode during the entire video and you probably also missed the fast lateral movement when he was flying very close to the station. You also probably missed the point that he was flying an unengineered D-rated Viper. The reason why it might not look impressive at first glance is that he is flying a D-rated Viper using FA Off as easily as most players fly an A-spec, Engineered Viper with FA On.

Do you spend much time at CGs? SDC and other griefing groups are not interested in anything resembling a "fair" fight against other CMDRs. They are only there for griefing and trolling under circumstances where they are at basically no risk. You might have noticed that they fly Engineered ships in wings and only attack individual players in much weaker ships. They are never going to fight a skilled CMDR one on one, that's sort of the point of the video as it's about interfering with those griefing activities by a skilled pilot using a much less powerful ship.

No, I'm fully aware of how he fly's, and what he was flying. I'm not saying he didnt do a good job at being super annoying, but that's about all he accomplished.

No, I'm fully aware of how he fly's, and what he was flying. I'm not saying he didnt do a good job at being super annoying, but that's about all he accomplished.

What did you expect him to accomplish then just by being a skilled pilot? You could tell that his dps was quite low (due to the Viper's modest hardpoints and lack of engineering mods) and he was flying a sub-par ship. Did you think he was going to spend 40 minutes trying to snipe out a Corvette's PP as he gets swarmed by Engineered FDLs in the wing?

It was a video about impressive FA Off flying, and that's exactly what it showed. If you watch an Isiniona video you expect to see impressive piloting, not a ship massacre, so I'm not sure what you expected to be "impressed" by if it wasn't the piloting.

You might not have noticed that he was flying in FA Off

So does Jason lmao, except with fixed guns. Can't say the same about Isinona.
I mean, the video is great and entertaining, but I have much better pilots buzzing by my side or in front of my reticle everyday.

Last edited:
I mean, the video is great and entertaining, but I have much better pilots buzzing by my side or in front of my reticle everyday.

Quoting this so you don't weasel out despite reply in next post:

Isinona flies with fixed lasers, gimballed MCs. So yeah, you can say exactly the same about him.

Not a single one of these "better pilots" you know would do *anything* in a D-rated Viper.

As for the "no risk viper" nonsense, since Isinona abandons the ship on destruction, this is to him quite a loss. I know you have billions, he doesn't. This is a setback.

Last edited:

Better combat pilots? Sure, because the game FD has developed really doesn't reward skilled piloting in any real way. Being a good combat pilot is more about your ship build, time on target and choosing favorable conditions from which to start your attack.

Better pilots in terms of using 6 DOF piloting and getting the most possible performance out of a sub-par ship in FA Off mode? No, not a chance.

I have no doubt that if they were flying equivalent ships Isinona would demolish the vast majority of the pilots he was facing in that video, but that's not what the video was about.

Like I said, if you're watching a video about piloting, you expect to see impressive piloting. For some reason players have equated higher dps or shield-tanking with "combat" ability when that's just a well-Engineered ship combined with spamming the trigger and shield cell button. That attitude is probably just a consequence of the simplistic "if I win I must be good" mentality along with the griefing tendencies that seem to describe 95% of the PvP players currently in the game.

Perhaps that tells us just how limiting Elite gameplay is when all an exceptionally skilled pilot can really accomplish against more powerful ships is to simply survive the encounter and not get insta-killed by several other CMDRs attacking him simultaneously.

Last edited:
Quoting this so you don't weasel out despite reply in next post:

Isinona flies with fixed lasers, gimballed MCs. So yeah, you can say exactly the same about him.

And? What's that supposed to mean? Thanks for telling me what I already know. As said, gimballed multicannons, meh. And the laser aim was terrible. I fly FA OFF with full fixed guns and I'm barely avarage in the PVP scene.

Last edited:
What did you expect him to accomplish then just by being a skilled pilot? You could tell that his dps was quite low (due to the Viper's modest hardpoints and lack of engineering mods) and he was flying a sub-par ship. Did you think he was going to spend 40 minutes trying to snipe out a Corvette's PP as he gets swarmed by Engineered FDLs in the wing?

It was a video about impressive FA Off flying, and that's exactly what it showed. If you watch an Isiniona video you expect to see impressive piloting, not a ship massacre, so I'm not sure what you expected to be "impressed" by if it wasn't the piloting.

Sure, like I said I recognize that he's a good pilot and maintains some fantastic control over his ship. It's always fun to watch next level FA Off flying. It's just that I fly with and fight against pilot's who can not only fly every bit as good as Isinona FA Off, but also are masters of fixed weapons and tactical combat in any situation the game engine can support. My point was only "What did Isinona accomplish that was so noteworthy beyond failing a station kill and getting his ticket punched in SC?"

Also, I suspect the whole D rated Viper thing is just a shield so everyone can defend him on that basis. If somebody wants to impress me with one of his videos, show me the one where he either has a stand-up duel with a single person featured in this particular video, or at least one where he attempts his station gank in a ship that would hurt to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Better combat pilots? Sure, because the game FD has developed really doesn't reward skilled piloting in any real way. Being a good combat pilot is more about your ship build, time on target and choosing favorable conditions from which to start your attack.

Better pilots in terms of using 6 DOF piloting and getting the most possible performance out of a sub-par ship in FA Off mode? No, not a chance.

I have no doubt that if they were flying equivalent ships Isinona would demolish the vast majority of the pilots he was facing in that video, but that's not what the video was about.

Like I said, if you're watching a video about piloting, you expect to see impressive piloting. For some reason players have equated higher dps or shield-tanking with "combat" ability when that's just a well-Engineered ship combined with spamming the trigger and shield cell button. That attitude is probably just a consequence of the simplistic "if I win I must be good" mentality along with the griefing tendencies that seem to describe 95% of the PvP players currently in the game.

Perhaps that tells us just how limiting Elite gameplay is when all an exceptionally skilled pilot can really accomplish against more powerful ships is to simply survive the encounter and not get insta-killed by several other CMDRs attacking him simultaneously.

The part of your comment that I highlighted is exactly why I chimed in on this thread, the suggestion that Isinona could "demolish" any of the pilot's he was facing in that video if they were flying equal ships. Not only have I seen literally nothing to support that claim, I've seen tons of evidence that Isinona would go down fast if he decided to duel with a single name that came up in the vid, regardless of what he was flying.

Sure, like I said I recognize that he's a good pilot and maintains some fantastic control over his ship. It's always fun to watch next level FA Off flying. It's just that I fly with and fight against pilot's who can not only fly every bit as good as Isinona FA Off, but also are masters of fixed weapons and tactical combat in any situation the game engine can support.

What you don't seem to be getting is that Isinona has specifically developed FA Off skills to allow him to perform complex maneuvers. It's really a very specialized subset of flying that he's perfected. I don't really buy your claims about flying with pilots who can do the same level of flying in FA Off mode. I'm sure many of them use FA Off effectively in combat buy that's not the same as flying continually and smoothly in FA-Off mode all the time.

My point was only "What did Isinona accomplish that was so noteworthy beyond failing a station kill and getting his ticket punched in SC?"

It's now WHAT he did that was impressive per se, it's HOW he did it. If you still don't get it then maybe buy yourself a D-rated Viper like the one Isinona was flying, shoot at SDC during a CG and see how long you last. Then tell me that the video isn't "impressive".

Also, I suspect the whole D rated Viper thing is just a shield so everyone can defend him on that basis.

Sorry, but you really have to watch the entire video here. He mentioned he has a self-imposed rebuy mode where he never rebuys ships that he loses. That's why he doesn't have a large bank balance or a fleet of A-spec Engineered ships that he flies.

jasonbarron;5489628s said:
If somebody wants to impress me with one of his videos show me the one where he either has a stand-up duel with a single person featured in this particular video, or at least one where he attempts his station gank in a ship that would hurt to lose.

The issue here is that you're confusing a specific type of piloting ability with overall combat effectiveness. Like I said above they are not the same thing. It's like comparing an highly skilled competitive target shooter with a SWAT team member. The types of shots that a competitive target shooter can make (both in accuracy and speed) are often at a level of difficultly that even a highly-trained military or SWAT shooter can't really match despite training continually with their weapons. That doesn't mean you will send that shooter into a hostile situation and expect them to outperform a SWAT team member in combat.

Last edited:
Isinona doesn't need to brag, not when the community idolizes him as the only person who knows how to fly:)

Good lord give it a rest, it's not idolizing. If anybody posts a video with fa-off flying that shows skill it will get likes. Nobody claims he's the only one who knows how to fly. Why are you so triggered by a video that didn't involve you or people who were triggered by the actual events. Or is this some sort of 'tear down things so I'll feel better about myself' kind of post considering you only started flying FA-off recently.

Good lord give it a rest, it's not idolizing. If anybody posts a video with fa-off flying that shows skill it will get likes. Nobody claims he's the only one who knows how to fly.

Read the comments here and on reddit, people literally do. There's nothing wrong with Isinona himself, it's the worshipping.

Last edited:
Good lord give it a rest, it's not idolizing. If anybody posts a video with fa-off flying that shows skill it will get likes. Nobody claims he's the only one who knows how to fly. Why are you so triggered by a video that didn't involve you or people who were triggered by the actual events. Or is this some sort of 'tear down things so I'll feel better about myself' kind of post considering you only started flying FA-off recently.

Well. The video was shared on a forum where discusion is promoted, so that's what I'm doing; discussing. I didn't get the memo where only praise was allowed:)

@Devari, I'm KOS with SDC, Renegades & NaCL, all groups represented in the video. If that crowd saw me at a station (and they do literally every week at every CG) there would be no station ramming, every hollow square on the map would have gone triangle and the screen would light up like a pyrotechnics display. If all I have to do is try to flee a 4 v 1 in those scenarios it's because more of them aren't around.

Last edited:
The part of your comment that I highlighted is exactly why I chimed in on this thread, the suggestion that Isinona could "demolish" any of the pilot's he was facing in that video if they were flying equal ships. Not only have I seen literally nothing to support that claim, I've seen tons of evidence that Isinona would go down fast if he decided to duel with a single name that came up in the vid, regardless of what he was flying.

You keep saying that you've encountered more skilled pilots but I have seen nothing to suggest that this would be the case. What I have seen, however, was that Isinona was flying a D-rated, unengineered Viper with more skill than most pilots flying a fully Engineered A-spec Viper. Care to provide any videos showing these amazing pilots you keep referring to?

And just to be clear, Engineering weapons to maximize their dps, using the latest OP special effect meta, flying in wings and ganking inferior ships doesn't equate to being an amazing pilot.

You DID make the claim, multiple times, and now it's your turn to back it up.

Last edited:
Isinona doesn't need to brag, not when the community idolizes him as the only person who knows how to fly:)

That's the point about his videos - he never brags, he shows his flying warts and all. You get to see his mistakes as well as his triumphs, but you never ever see him bragging. He also demonstrates the mechanics and, by default, the failures of Elite Dangerous. We can all learn from what he shows us, regardless of what "side" we might think we are on.

As far as his combat skills are concerned, there are videos of him in combat 1 v 1 in the past, which have earned him a big following, but would you want to watch them?

Top Bottom