Isinona is back

What I want to know is why didn't he fly into the outer structure of the station? Larges ships can't enter and a good pilot would be real hard to follow/ram and do any damage to in there. He does handle that ship well though.

What I want to know is why didn't he fly into the outer structure of the station? Larges ships can't enter and a good pilot would be real hard to follow/ram and do any damage to in there. He does handle that ship well though.

In terms of a cat and mouse game that's the equivalent to the mouse running under the couch. Good for survival, not as fun. He was hoping to goad one into a close pass that resulted in rapid destruction via inelastic collision. Then he just wanted to jump out and collect a bounty to tick off a personal goal box.

GUYS GUYS GUYS !!!!

A-RATED , not D-RATED , he admits he made a mistake in the youtube comments section.

p.s. Love his flying :)

GUYS GUYS GUYS !!!!

A-RATED , not D-RATED , he admits he made a mistake in the youtube comments section.

Doesn't matter. It's still one stock non-engineered Viper making a swarm of angry, indecent gankers look like fools for half an hour. :D

In terms of a cat and mouse game that's the equivalent to the mouse running under the couch. Good for survival, not as fun. He was hoping to goad one into a close pass that resulted in rapid destruction via inelastic collision. Then he just wanted to jump out and collect a bounty to tick off a personal goal box.

If that were the case then I also don't see why he attempted to dock at all, or why he tried to do it multiple times. That's just another sofa to hide under. Plus I really want to see someone do the whole "death star" chase scene in this game. Derelict/abandoned ports would be a fun feature. Just add salvage worth going for and bam!

GUYS GUYS GUYS !!!!

Well that does make a little more sense, his boost was slightly over 400 which seemed faster that I would have thought for a D-rated Viper. The flying was still quite impressive regardless of whether it was a D-rated or A-rated Viper considering he was flying against much more powerful PvP ships that were fully Engineered.

I would still like to see a video of Isinona in a fully Engineered racing Sidewinder, especially with the lateral and vertical thrust you can get out of it.

Last edited:
Well, I watched the first half the video where he wasn't successful at pulling off a station kill with his cheapo little Viper. I'm guess I'm just harder to impress than all you members of the official Isinona fan club, because I found it kind of underwhelming. Bring me a video of him going mano e mano with any one of the other pilot's featured in the first part of that vid, then maybe. That being defined as a fight, as opposed to trying to annoy one of them into firing at him whilst Wanted.

Check out his YouTube channel.

Check out his YouTube channel.

I think Isinona's videos are simply too slow-paced and story-rich for Jason. He won't like a video unless there are packhound volleys, covering the sun, litres of blood and limbs severed by explosions, slow-mo shots on rotating multicannon barrels spewing fire and corrosion and FdLs going down in flames. :p

I think Isinona's videos are simply too slow-paced and story-rich for Jason. He won't like a video unless there are packhound volleys, covering the sun, litres of blood and limbs severed by explosions, slow-mo shots on rotating multicannon barrels spewing fire and corrosion and FdLs going down in flames. :p

Sounds like Glasgow on a Thursday evening...

As a matter of interest, what were they hoping to achieve by charging at him inside the station? The station would judge them as the aggressor if he wasn't speeding, surely, and retribution would be insta-death ?

They didn't have enough alpha using their weapons to guarantee a kill before the station reacted, whereas stations currently don't react to death by ramming - due to a bug or oversight probably (and when they do, they'll still only react after the target has died).

That particular station was in an Anarchy system, hence the lack of significant station responses to wanted ships.

That is untrue. The system might be anarchy (haven't checked), but the station itself was definitely not (or else you just wouldn't see any wanted tag on the ships he was scanning - the wanted tag is tied to the local jurisdiction and of course anarchies don't have such a concept). There was no response from the station because stations only react to crimes committed under their nose, not to a mere wanted status. If you're wanted but commit no crime you'll be just fine.

Last edited:
I called Isinona 'the little hobo' in a previous post because he always seems to make his way through life with very few credits in his pocket. He has a nose for mischief and while he sometimes gets his comeuppance, he usually sidesteps trouble using his amazing piloting skills. The Charlie Chaplin hobo character is the best comparison I could make.

Isinona is one of my favorite subs on YouTube and I go back to re-watch the older vids often.

Isinona fighting in an asteroid field.
[video=youtube_share;fePeuw8Br-U]https://youtu.be/fePeuw8Br-U[/video]

I like Isinona's videos - but your alternative does sound fun as well.
Simon

That's not 100% accurate, but it is an amusing way to put it. Typically I love "story rich" videos or, erm, stories. I wrote a novel a few years back that was all about living in the bush in AK back in the 80's, mushing dogs and trapping, kind of a Jack London-esque adventure story loosely based on me and my brother Laird's upbringing; anybody who read that would never in a million years guess that I would also be the kind of person who flew spaceships in a game, preferred a combat role above all others, and would be accused of not liking stories:)

How about that one from the Alpha: https://youtu.be/VkCR6HeAWAo

That's the one that made me insta-join at premium beta. Now that i watch it again, where has the space dust gone?

That's not 100% accurate, but it is an amusing way to put it. Typically I love "story rich" videos or, erm, stories. I wrote a novel a few years back that was all about living in the bush in AK back in the 80's, mushing dogs and trapping, kind of a Jack London-esque adventure story loosely based on me and my brother Laird's upbringing; anybody who read that would never in a million years guess that I would also be the kind of person who flew spaceships in a game, preferred a combat role above all others, and would be accused of not liking stories:)

It was a joke comparison, of course. What I wanted to illustrate by it was that there are people (like you, I presume) who consider the flying skills of Isinona somewhat... standard. I mean, I can fly about as good as he can, of course it took me two years longer to learn it, but I can do it. So can you, so can so many combat FA-off pilots, so what impresses you is combat effectiveness, aka skill put in practice.
And I do understand why from this perspective the video isn't all that interesting. :)

Top Bottom