Isla Animalia

Hi fellow zookeepers,

I have just declared my zoo "Isla Animalia" to be completed and would like to share this project with you now, since I've put all my heart into it. It has been grown organically in challenge mode since the beginning of January. I'm now in year 183 with all the species I had planned to add, 217 happy animals, happy staff and happy guests (limited to 3000) - and still making profit. After many failures, I'm a bit proud now :)

Initially, I had planned to create different islands for the different sections, hence the name, but it just didn't happen with the terraforming ;) Anyways, these are the themed sections of the zoo:

1) Entrance, Piazza, Food Court, Microhouse and Desert Garden
2) Gorgeous Grasslands: Elephants and Giraffes + Cheetahs and Warthogs/Aardvarks + African Lodge and Rhinos
3) Furry Friends: Japanese Macaques and Red Pandas + Giant pandas
4) Powered by Paws: Himalayan Brown Bears and Big Cat's House + Snow Leopards and Siberian Tigers
5) Reptilicious: Pangolins and Tortoises
6) Jumanji: Lemurs, Food Court and Bongos/Okapis + Pigmy Hippos and Gorillas

Inked001_IA_Overview_LI_2.jpg

002_IA_Stats.jpg

003_IA_Entrance.jpg

Last edited:
Entrance, Piazza, Food Court, Microhouse and Desert Garden

Right next to the entrance, guest are greeted by a few education boards and a "logo":

004_IA_Entrance_2.jpg

The first habitat houses peafowls:

005_IA_Peafowls_1.jpg

006_IA_Peafowls_2.jpg

After walking over the bridge or around the habitat, guests enter the piazza. To the left, they find a food court. Inside, it is quite simple, with another set of shops on the second floor.

008_IA_Piazza_Food.jpg

On the opposite side, we have a house with eight exhibits and a souvenir shop.

011_IA_Microhouse_1.jpg

012_IA_Microhouse_2.jpg

Next to the food court, you can see the "Desert Garden" which was basically created to fill a blank space - but I like how it has turned out.

013_IA_Desert_1.jpg

014_IA_Desert_2.jpg

Behind the food court and the microhouse, I hid some staff facilities:

015_IA_Staff_1.jpg

016_IA_Staff_2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much, @heatherg23 and everyone who reacted! More pictures ahead :)

Gorgeous Grasslands: Elephants and Giraffes

Left to the peafowl enclosure, you enter the section called "Gorgeous Grasslands":

GG_Elef_Gir_01.jpg

The biggest habitat of this area is the one housing African Elephants and Reticulated Giraffes with several viewing spots, feeding and playing areas and a small river going through the whole enclosure:

GG_Elef_Gir_02.jpg

GG_Elef_Gir_03.jpg

GG_Elef_Gir_04.jpg

GG_Elef_Gir_05.jpg

GG_Elef_Gir_06.jpg

The large dome over the river is the shelter and not accessible for visitors, but there are windows facing the feeding area at the front. The river can be crossed by the animals, the elephants love to swim. The little rocky "bridge" is for the keepers ;) The habitat is really large, but people can just "follow" the animals via the viewing spots and almost always get a glimpse.

GG_Elef_Gir_07.jpg

GG_Elef_Gir_08.jpg

GG_Elef_Gir_09.jpg

Gorgeous Grasslands: Warthogs/Aardvarks and Cheetahs

GG_Gep_Warz_01.jpg

Opposite to the Elephants and Giraffes is the Cheetah enclosure. It happens to be a bit too small for a family of two adults and offspring, but they are still reasonably okay with it.

GG_Gep_Warz_02.jpg

GG_Gep_Warz_03.jpg

GG_Gep_Warz_04.jpg

Visitors who decided to head to the food court area first, can enter "Gorgeous Grasslands" through another "gate" which leads directly to the shared habitat of Warthogs and Aardvarks.

GG_Gep_Warz_06.jpg

GG_Gep_Warz_07.jpg

GG_Gep_Warz_08.jpg

GG_Gep_Warz_09.jpg

There are "Don't disturb"-signs hidden in the rocks, so the Aardvarks are usually fine. The babies get stressed at times, but they can hide in their cave. I have really come to love these two species in the game, they are the most underrated in my opinion, and really cute :)

GG_Gep_Warz_10.jpg

Gorgeous Grasslands: African Lodge and Rhinos

And the last part of my "Gorgeous Grasslands"-section :) The rhinos in the game aren't the African ones of course, but I found them suitable enough for the area. The lodge is offering food, refreshments and an information desk as well as another viewing option for the elephants and giraffes.

GG_Lodge_Rhino_01.jpg

GG_Lodge_Rhino_02.jpg

GG_Lodge_Rhino_03.jpg

GG_Lodge_Rhino_05.jpg

GG_Lodge_Rhino_06.jpg

GG_Lodge_Rhino_07.jpg

GG_Lodge_Rhino_08.jpg

GG_Lodge_Rhino_09.jpg

GG_Lodge_Rhino_10.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, @CaptainKerfuffle!

Here comes the next section:

Furry Friends: Japanese Macaques and Red Pandas

On the other side of the peafowl enclosure, guests enter the Asian-inspired region with some really furry friends!

Furry_Friends_1.jpg

The first to habitats, which face each other, contain the Japanese Macaques and the Red Pandas:

Furry_Friends_2.jpg

The Macaques can be seen from different angles:

Furry_Friends_3.jpg

Furry_Friends_4.jpg

Same for the Red Pandas:

Furry_Friends_5.jpg

Furry_Friends_6.jpg

Furry_Friends_7.jpg

There are some hiding spots, of course:

Furry_Friends_8.jpg

And the larger version of the furry friends :)

Furry Friends: Giant Pandas

Pandas_1.jpg

Pandas_2.jpg

They are not really using this part of the enclosure, but it still provides some nice views:

Pandas_3.jpg

Pandas_4.jpg

There is also a small indoor area for them:

Pandas_5.jpg

The sleeping area can also be viewed from the terrace of the little restaurant:

Pandas_6.jpg

Still working on my indoor decoration skills though :)

Pandas_7.jpg

In the next posting, we're going to visit some other furry, but not necessarily equally friendly guys!

As I said, the inhabitants of the next area are also furry, but powerful as well! Fluffy predators ahead ;)