Issue Tracker now live!

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello all,

We are now excited to launch our new Issue Tracker! The Issue Tracker replaces our Bug Reporting forums and can be accessed here.

Reporting Bugs

To report a bug simply log in with your regular Frontier account and click 'Submit Report'. You'll then be given all the steps you need to let us know about any issues you have experienced.

On this site you can:
  • Submit issues
  • Follow the status of your reports
  • See which issues have been reported by others
  • Vote on which issues matter most to you
  • Search for specific reports
  • Help contribute towards existing issues
Accessibility Testing

As well as checking our games run - and run well - on various hardware and with bespoke peripherals, we strive to ensure our games are as accessible as possible. In the industry, we call this Compatibility, Accessibility and Performance testing!

If you have any feedback related to accessibility - something which would be welcome to make your experience more comfortable, a moment in our games where something could have been communicated more clearly, or any other aspect of our games that you would like to give feedback on, please drop us a line at qa-accessibility@frontier.co.uk.

We won't be able to respond to every email, but we will read them all and do our best to pass constructive feedback on to the teams.

Thank you for all your support so far and for helping raise awareness of the issues that are affecting your gameplay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some feedback:
1) it would be nice if we could 'subscribe' to an issue so that we get a notification (e.g. email) when either the status has changed or another user adds a contribution etc. In that respect this is a downgrade from the forum.
2) the sort order is not remembered and always defaults to oldest at the top (doesn't it make more sense for the newest to be at the top?)
3) why only 5 issues per page? About half of the vertical space on a page (on desktop) is wasted. Why are we forced to 'next page' so much? It's UI design for the sake of looking pretty above being functional.
4) it's not possible to filter by platform
5) are the hardware details remembered? If not it would be good to be able to enter these for your account and have them retrieved automatically each time you submit an issue. Alternatively add the ability for PC users to upload their DXDiag to their account.

Between the announcement and the availability of the site, very little time has passed.

I went to visit the site. Very pleasant.

I'll just leave this here...

Why can we not upload MP4 or other video directly to supporting evidence bit. I had to give a URL to a third party site sharing my XBox video capture, I don't want to have to keep this stored on my XBox account while investigations take place. Going by past experience of bug resolution this could take some time and access to the evidence could be required. If video files are viewed perhaps you could note on the submission wether the user is OK to delete stored files.

What are the limits for upload size ?

When browsing through the issues listing ....next ....next....next ahh that looks familiar let me check the details and see if I should add something....ok...done that back to the list....ahhhg it's taken me back to the first page !!! I'll have to start paging from the beginning again what a pain in the spherical appendages.

How many contributions are required before the status changes to Confirmed? It seems to be far too many. People will just add noise to an issue in order to be able to vote on it.

I am concerned that there is no status between Confirmed and Fixed. One of the major drawbacks of the forum system was that people felt that if QA had not responded to their bug report that their issue was being "ignored" even if that was not the case. I appreciate that FD are under no obligation to provide any feedback, but it seems that the new system is ideally placed to address this customer perception issue. As it stands even once an issue has been voted on it will presumably just sit there until it's eventually fixed or forever. I assume that the issues tracker is linked to the internal tracking system. So the tracker could relay the internal status (of course there could be some 'translation table' to hide FD's intimate secrets, which is fine, as well as make them 'player-friendly') and, as a minimum, indicate which issues have been confirmed internally e.g. reproduced by QA etc.

Could our own Frontier ID or account name be displayed only to ourselves - so that we can see when we have contributed to an issue?

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Currently the system is set to 10 contributions to confirm an issue but that's subject to change. Our team will still be going through reports regardless of contributions and can set them as confirmed themselves.

One of the features we want to look at is the ability to not only see what issue you have reported but also what issue you have contributed towards.

One of the features we want to look at is the ability to not only see what issue you have reported but also what issue you have contributed towards.

Browsing through the issues list is a pain, because if you do open one to see if you should contribute or not when you exit your taken back to the top of the list and have to start hitting next;next;next again from the beginning.

Errr...why is the only link I can find to the 'Issue Tracker' in this thread.

Shouldn't there be a link PROMINANTLY displayed on Home Page or Forums Page ?.....there's a lot of links for Bug Reports are we still supposed to Bugs using those and then add another entry in the Issue tracker ?

Errr...why is the only link I can find to the 'Issue Tracker' in this thread.

Shouldn't there be a link PROMINANTLY displayed on Home Page or Forums Page ?.....there's a lot of links for Bug Reports are we still supposed to Bugs using those and then add another entry in the Issue tracker ?
There's a link in the header in the old Bug reporting area. I agree, its not optimal - I still miss the store link in the menu as well...

There's a link in the header in the old Bug reporting area. I agree, its not optimal - I still miss the store link in the menu as well...

Thanks Factabulous - I found it with your guidance. I still think it should appear on the FORUMS home page since it's a major feature, even if it only had a sub link heading such as the ones they use for each of the various platforms under Bug Reporting.

Can you move the game-selection into the side menu (rather than at the top) - think of all the page space you will save! A

And if you want permission to set a cookie on my PC so they you know I want to see ED bugs then you have my permission ;)

Currently the system is set to 10 contributions to confirm an issue but that's subject to change. Our team will still be going through reports regardless of contributions and can set them as confirmed themselves.

Great - and what methodology is used to aggregate multiple reports that may be the same issue?

I reported the Imperial Clipper "whiteout" phenomenon yesterday, and today I see another near-identical report. Someone submitted an excellent report after my initial report, but never commented on mine.

Does that mean there are two reports of separate issues, One report with an endorsement, or 3 reports? What if that person sees my report and adds a comment? Are there now Two reports that are different issues, two reports of the same issue, or four reports?

And will any of it actually matter anyway?

Top Bottom