Issue Tracker now live!

[...] and make the majority of pilots who do the QA you should have done in-house feel like they have to win a popularity contest with their issues, and then wait with no comments from you on when a top-voter confirmed issue will be fixed, if ever.
There were assurances posted to this thread and elsewhere stating that this is not the case and that all reported issues are looked at, but if that's true it sure doesn't match the perception. The description of how the Tracker works still gives this impression, as does time spent using it. Whether this is a bit of half-truthing on the part of FD, or just an unfortunate case of perception not matching reality, it really ought to be addressed one way or another if it's putting people off making bug reports.

My biggest annoyance remains the pathetic search function, which only returns hits for keywords that are contiguous in the subject line. It's incredibly misleading, and must be resulting in dozens of duplicated reports. As an example, at time of posting, a search for "docked" returns four hits the first of which is titled "Docked Ship icon showing at wrong locations while in SRV." Narrowing the search down by adding "ship" to the search box filters out all but the wanted result, but searching for any other combination of non-adjacent keywords gives no results. "Wrong location SRV" gives nothing. "Docked icon"? Ditto. Even "Ship docked" gives a blank result page.

And it only searches subject lines. If someone has used a generic title in their report, but used an important keyword such as a star system name in their body text, the search will not find it.

The problem is obvious: unless you can guess exactly what words another player may have used in a report, finding one to add a "me too" or an upvote is shooting in the dark. When you get no search hits, you've no way of knowing whether it's because nobody else has reported it or because you didn't chant the incantations in the right order. So what do you do? Add a report in the hope that yours is the only one and that your subject line has sufficient adjacent keywords for other users to find? Or shake your head and go do something else rather than risk your report being a duplicate that gets lost in the noise? More often than not I choose option two because I can't be bothered using an opaque reporting system that fights me at every turn and provides little in the way of feedback to suggest anything's being done with the data.

Also, this problem remains...
It's just a mess. Out of curiosity yesterday I ignored the search function and went straight for View All Issues for Elite. Found something interesting on page 4. Clicked on it to check the details, then in the absence of a Back button on the page itself, clicked the Back button on the browser. Which took me straight back to PAGE 1 of the list. Of 106 PAGES. It doesn't even remember where you were on the master list.

...so even going through the reports manually is more of a chore than it needs to be.

Seriously, FD, you need to take another look at this thing. Between unintended duplicate reports from dedicated bug hunters, and the lack of reports from those who've given up bothering, this system can't be giving as accurate a reflection on the true state of the game as the old forum system did. Only the voting system is arguably an improvement, and even that is still giving the impression -- erroneously or otherwise -- that some reports are more equal than others.

Personally I'd start by improving the search function, but I appreciate that not everyone will have the same bête noire.

Clicked on it to check the details, then in the absence of a Back button on the page itself, clicked the Back button on the browser. Which took me straight back to PAGE 1 of the list. Of 106 PAGES. It doesn't even remember where you were on the master list.

^^^^^ This!!! For all that is Lord Tharg, and for all the gold and void opals under the surface of Industry... ^^^^ This!!!

Jeez, they still haven't fixed the search function!? And the back button issue is still there, omg! Come on Fdev, sort it out!

I think I've submitted just 1 bug report under the new system (what's that, in about 5-6 mths?), where as under the old system I was at least a semi-regular bug poster, over the years I think I must have posted dozens. I've definitely been put off by this new system.

This reminds me, I wanted to post a bug report about being dropped out of SC in & through a space station!😲

I think I've submitted just 1 bug report under the new system (what's that, in about 5-6 mths?), where as under the old system I was at least a semi-regular bug poster, over the years I think I must have posted dozens. I've definitely been put off by this new system.
Same here. I wasn't a prolific report poster but I certainly started a lot more threads on the forums than I've submitted tickets under the new Tracker. I also made quite a few "me too" contributions to the reports of other players, often adding screenshots or video since I ShadowPlay nearly all of my sessions. And the occasional "thanks for reporting / we're investigating" post from a member of the QA team went a long way to making it feel worthwhile.

Doing the same under the new system is a relative chore, with no reliable way for other players to find similar reports on which to hang additional information and zero feedback from FD. It's an exercise in futility.

Please, FD, give the system an overhaul. Or at the very least can you consider opening an official Bugs forum where we can discuss issues in one place and provide links to Tracker URLs? OK, it would mean some duplication but at least we'd have a fighting chance of being able to collate information on the Tracker without having to fight that awful search system.

Last edited:
Thought I'd take it a step further and compare F.D.'s games, but I don't think the sample sizes for JW and PC are large enough to be significant indicators as to where any effort is going into resolving bugs, but then again it might say more about Q.A. efforts since far fewer bugs have been reported, and the size of the player base will be a factor there.

Oldest JW = APRIL 2, 2019 5:05 PM
Oldest PC = APRIL 11, 2019 2:35 PM
Oldest ED = APRIL 2, 2019 9:17 AM

Jurassic World
12 June 2018
%Elite Dangerous
16 December 2014
%Planet Coaster
17 November 2016
%
*Fixed1210.91511.843321.3
Acknowledged1614.551033.715132.91
Confirming3229.1230883.032818.07
*By Design1311.82160.5885.17
*Invalid3733.6430210.873522.59
Total1102780155
*Clear Up56.3713.2949.06

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thought I'd take it a step further and compare F.D.'s games, but I don't think the sample sizes for JW and PC are large enough to be significant indicators as to where any effort is going into resolving bugs, but then again it might say more about Q.A. efforts since far fewer bugs have been reported, and the size of the player base will be a factor there.

Oldest JW = APRIL 2, 2019 5:05 PM
Oldest PC = APRIL 11, 2019 2:35 PM
Oldest ED = APRIL 2, 2019 9:17 AM

Jurassic World
11 June 2015
%Elite Dangerous
16 December 2014
%Planet Coaster
17 November 2016
%
*Fixed1210.91511.843321.3
Acknowledged1614.551033.715132.91
Confirming3229.1230883.032818.07
*By Design1311.82160.5885.17
*Invalid3733.6430210.873522.59
Total1102780155
*Clear Up56.3713.2949.06
This has nothing to do with the Issue Tracker, but I did notice that you have listed an incorrect release date for Jurassic World Evolution. The correct release date is 12 June 2018.

It won’t seem to Log me into the Issue Repoter on my account.
So will post here.
Xbox one.
It appears that the galaxy map has removed all data on who discovered the planets.
I got an achievement for discovering a planet that I know was discovered by someone else and was in the bubble.

Witaj

Nadal mam problem z pokryciem terenu.
Wyłączenie i zastosowanie gry rozwiązuje tylko mój problem.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 322
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 318
It says "Hello I still have trouble covering the ground. Turning off and using the game only solves my problem" according to Google Translate. But I'm not sure what the issue is.

Terra6790

Banned
whats the point of reporting?? you think we believe you're actually giving a frak about how the game is disfunctional?? i mean i have more than 10 game critical bug reports on that site (for months now) that havent even been verified yet! you should calll that issue tracker - players complaints\requests\reports trash can - would be more 'realistic' but hey you guys make a living out of elluding your customers with that glitch salad of unrealistic themes...i MEAN GAME!! frontier just loves its 'just throw content screw the bugs and lets make it super easy to start so people can start playing and only see our rubbish after a couple weeks\months\years so we can make money' scam! kudos for pulling off tricking thousands of space lovers thougreliable path to success well done coughs

Top Bottom