Issues with PP Bounties

Its partly to do with C&P but please bear with me its not the usual whinge...I hope.

Im doing PP in Open, Im mainly going into enemy controlled systems and destroying PP enemies for PP Merits. Means I get a bounty on my head from enemy PP person, which is absolutely fine and what I want (I get more interdictions from PP 'authorities' which also count for PP Merits so I always submit and kill them too, its easier than finding one sometimes). Also means Im more open to being attacked by another Cmdr aligned with that Power and claiming the bounty - all good, its what I signed up to PP for and why I do it in Open.

However, I have now been in 3 different ships and the bounty doesnt carry over. I am forced to pay off the bounty or pay a huge surcharge to move it anywhere. I have 'lost' (paid off) over 1m in Bounties that could have made me more of a target and valuable for another Cmdr to attack. I had PP Bounties by 5 different Powers, I now have 120K with 1. Its not what I signed up for or expected, I wanted the fun.

I know its to do with not jumping into a Sidey and blowing up for cheap but couldnt my rebuy on the cheaper ships just be inclusive of the rebuy on the expensive ships while the bounty is active? So I carry the bounty but I also carry the rebuy amount, it doesnt go down while the bounty is active. So if I commit crime in a 20m rebuy ship and drop to a 5m rebuy ship and get blown up my rebuy is minimum 20m but the Cmdr gets ALL the bounties on me they are entitled to. If I pay off the bounty then all fine anyway.

Edit: If I cant afford the 20m rebuy I lose either the more valuable ship that committed the crimes or the most valuable ship I have. This nullifies any potential gain or exploit...I think.

At least this way I could do PP in different ships, having fun with different loadouts but never 'escaping' the consequences unless I choose to pay them off. I choose to do PP this way, I could do deliveries so those players wouldn't attract bounties anyway, its just the ones like me who want this extra dimension.

Yes/No?

Last edited:
You're not meant to be able to pay off Powerplay Bounties. The reason why you can is because of a bug that was causing people with Powerplay bounties to incur transfer fees and the work around was allowing commanders to pay off the bounty.

CMDR Justinian Octavius

You're not meant to be able to pay off Powerplay Bounties. The reason why you can is because of a bug that was causing people with Powerplay bounties to incur transfer fees and the work around was allowing commanders to pay off the bounty.

CMDR Justinian Octavius
Lol. Really?

Was it patched in the recent update?

Top Bottom