Issues with Quest 2 and 3080 card

Is anyone running this combo? I just “upgraded” my 1080ti for this 3080 and I am seeing the bottom of the screen get all messed up. It’s def link and card related as if I run the headset standalone it works.

I am running elite through oculus.
You can see the line in the through the lens photo below. It’s just above his toecaps

698A626A-EDD6-4EA7-9D4B-9413D9A6D4DA.jpeg

Have you tried using driver 456.38?

I think that was the first 30## driver but the last one that doesn't have stutters
I am just going through Oculus support at the moment. I can also replicate the issue on Xplane however if I lower settings it gets rid of it. I’ve read a lot about the driver issue but no one has described this issue.

Ahh. The driver issues sound like they are more to do with choppyness than a bizarre band two tone!
Have you tried the older driver though?
At least it can be ruled out?

Ahh. The driver issues sound like they are more to do with choppyness than a bizarre band two tone!
Have you tried the older driver though?
At least it can be ruled out?

Because no one is talking about this issue, I am assuming that it is a defective unit hence working with Oculus. So I am holding off spending hours bug fixing for now.

I think this OQ2 is headed for an RMA which is a shame. Thankfully though I did not sell the Oculus CV1 so ive been back in that old seat :) I so nearly listed it at the weekend when I sold my 1080ti but thankfully something told me to hang on to it for a bit longer. i must say in order of things that hit you when you put it on....

1) How light and comfy the unit is on your head then...
2) How bad the SDE is swiftly followed by
3) How dark everything is - in a good way, blacks are black

Just tweaking the settings for the new card but having spent 20mins in a High Rez site (not Haz) blowing away a few bad eggs you soon stop looking at SDE but you can tell as you swap from contacts to targetted scans the text is not nearly as sharp as the OQ2. That said when you look at the specs on paper and you look at the Resolution on Paper its hard to get your head around how your able to see anything with a CV1!!

HMD Resolution.png

So for wnyone in the furture coming here with the same problem this is all fixed now, I was sure the headset would be RMA'ed but over the course of the last 2-3 weeks the Oculus team worked with me and eventually it turned out I had to repair the Oculus Software suite, simple to do and saved me sending the unit back.

I will say this, since having the issues I reverted to my trusty Rift CV1. While its lighter and the blacks are better thats about it. The OQ2 is a good step up, glad to be back in it.

i have this banding also sometimes. Dirt 2 / Elite / Project cars 2 but its rare and software related i am 100% sure. Seems like the encoder / decoder is messing something up (had it often wehn i changed graphic settings)

Top Bottom