Newcomer / Intro Issues with traveling

So I accepted a missin in a star sector area thing whateveryoucall it, but I can't seem to get there. I jumped to the nearest place I could before a gap of 7~ LY to the nearest place, but even from there it says the jump will pass my limit of 0.60 tons or whatever and refuses to let me go there. How do I fix that?

Sargon

Banned
In the Galaxy Map, use the route button to see which jumps will get you to your destination.
If it still shows out of range, it's because you're trying to get to the destination in less jumps than you should, or that your ship is carrying too much to effectively make the jump.
You can check your range in the panel on the right... The Systems panel.

If your frame shift drive has a lower range than your target destination you will get the warning you are seeing, it can also happen when you are fully laden, due to the additional weight, your FSD capabilities are lower.

Instead of trying to jump directly to your destination, plot a course via the galaxy map.

Open the galaxy map, choose where you want to go by clicking the star...a small box will pop up to the right.
Click the Plot button and it should draw an orange line showing the route it will take you on.
If the option is red, make sure its < 100Ly distance.. the planner only works to that range so far.

Exit the galaxy map and it should set your first jump.. once you make the jump it should target the next.. and so on.
If you target anything else during this, you can get back to the planned route via the left navigation pane, in the list will be the next destination with an icon resembling a linked route (looks like the steam icon a bit)

I think that covers it...Hope that helps.

FX2K, the jump was 7.14 LY away and I was getting that message. I couldn't plot a course because I was almost in the next sector across. I had full fuel, no cargo, and it would have used roughly 75% of my fuel. I've had the same issue with jumps that would take 20% of my fuel.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

The exact message is this: Jump exceeds drive fuel use limit of 0.60 tons. So I guess it uses too much fuel, but the display shows one bar of fuel left..

Also, if it helps, I'm trying to get from Ngaliba to Swaza. No route can be mapped to it or any of its nearby sectors.

Top Bottom