It Took Me a While to Realise This!

I've been busy spamming the Frontline Solutions squad missions where you play mercenary, which is kind of like Halo. I quite like this despite it's flaws. So, I'm back in the Ibootis system on Chango Dock doing these missions, being sent in Vulture (Of all ships?) to the drop zone on Dustball over and over and over again, until I have enough credits to purchase a Anaconda and add it to my fleet. Although, I didn't start from scratch here. Nonono, I already had amassed about close to 40, 000, 000 Credits through data delivery missions, doing a lot of combat missions in my Cobra Mark Three, doing passenger missions in my Dolphin or Orca & (what is it....) Type-9-Transporter and now since I have been spamming these Merc missions on foot since the beginning of my personal introduction to Odyssey....I got used to the routine delivery of myself to the battlefield of Matsui Biological Labs on Dustball. I now have up to 122, 964, 230 credits with about at least another 30, 000,000 to go.

It always struck me how and why do they use the Vulture as a drop ship, when they could be using the Federal Dropship, considering this is of Federal importance and I think it's because of the small size it's easier to get in and out of the combat zone and what ever else it has to offer of all ships. Another thing that strikes me is why the passenger, me, is always allowed to set behind the pilot on the bridge while there are others soldiers coming along for the ride, perhaps in the section of the ship where everybody is dropped into combat. I think one of the answers to this is that same as to why you keep coming back after getting shot until you run out of reinforcements.

Who knows?

I guess because Imperial or Independent factions aren't allowed to use Federal Dropships.

Additionally, the Anaconda itself is around 150 million, but you'll need some more money to actually fit it with modules. And the base insurance alone is already more than 7 million credits.

Last edited:
The anaconda is also a brick.. Avoid! :ROFLMAO:
Wash your dirty mouth out...

g4Nm9cr.png

I guess because Imperial or Independent factions aren't allowed to use Federal Dropships.

Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of one neutral ship usable for all the factions. Easier than 3 or 4 different ships (one for each affiliation) and, not to mention, fewer bugs to squash (by 66% to 75%), er, I mean, less problems.

I've been busy spamming the Frontline Solutions squad missions where you play mercenary, which is kind of like Halo. I quite like this despite it's flaws. So, I'm back in the Ibootis system on Chango Dock doing these missions, being sent in Vulture (Of all ships?) to the drop zone on Dustball over and over and over again, until I have enough credits to purchase a Anaconda and add it to my fleet. Although, I didn't start from scratch here. Nonono, I already had amassed about close to 40, 000, 000 Credits through data delivery missions, doing a lot of combat missions in my Cobra Mark Three, doing passenger missions in my Dolphin or Orca & (what is it....) Type-9-Transporter and now since I have been spamming these Merc missions on foot since the beginning of my personal introduction to Odyssey....I got used to the routine delivery of myself to the battlefield of Matsui Biological Labs on Dustball. I now have up to 122, 964, 230 credits with about at least another 30, 000,000 to go.

It always struck me how and why do they use the Vulture as a drop ship, when they could be using the Federal Dropship, considering this is of Federal importance and I think it's because of the small size it's easier to get in and out of the combat zone and what ever else it has to offer of all ships. Another thing that strikes me is why the passenger, me, is always allowed to set behind the pilot on the bridge while there are others soldiers coming along for the ride, perhaps in the section of the ship where everybody is dropped into combat. I think one of the answers to this is that same as to why you keep coming back after getting shot until you run out of reinforcements.

Who knows?

I guess they are using a Vulture because
a) Frontline Solutions are a "neutral" corporation, rather than Federal / Imperial, so a non-aligned ship is more appropriate
b) It saves Frontier having to design multiple ships to drop from
c) I agree with you that it's a good pick for a cost-effective combat ship

I think they let you sit up front because it's a better player experience. As a member of the Pilot's Federation, of course, you could arguably be useful as a co-pilot, in case something happens to the pilot or whatever else. Presumably the other guys are just grunts.

The anaconda is also a brick.. Avoid! :ROFLMAO:
Was also looking at the Ferd- De-Lance and Python, which I could afford right now. Possibly both of them, but I figured I could make that much money again real qiuck with the Anaconda. BRICK, sounds like it it would be great name for my new vessel.

BTW, while we are talking about ships, ever wondered why they never got around to putting the Boa and Moray Star-boat in the game? Unless I'm wrong?

Was also looking at the Ferd- De-Lance and Python, which I could afford right now. Possibly both of them, but I figured I could make that much money again real qiuck with the Anaconda. BRICK, sounds like it it would be great name for my new vessel.

BTW, while we are talking about ships, ever wondered why they never got around to putting the Boa and Moray Star-boat in the game? Unless I'm wrong?
Moray is waiting for water into which it can land. Hopefully!

Would be interesting to see the Boa or any of the other big ones from before... There are rumors about the Panther Clipper.. Which will dwarf the Anaconda in brickyness :D

Your in the co-pilot seat because you are as said, a member of the pilots federation, and could therefore take over if the pilot gets taken out by railgun through the canopy. Not that that can happen but it's a good enough explanation

It's already modelled and in game, you are there just before the drop. No windows, so it would suck to be there.
Unless, they had some holographic displays showing the location you're going to drop into, the current tactical situation, allowing you to draw possible tactical positions and routes into the map, mark locations and name them (and later use them in your on foot HUD when in situ or any other manner of things you could do (perhaps with NPCs in the drop pod with you)

But yeah you're right, that is why.

It's already modelled and in game, you are there just before the drop. No windows, so it would suck to be there.
wasnt aware of this, ok.
Although I think it wouldnt suck if you'd be sitting with other soldiers in a dropship on the way to the battlefield
and can see what they are doing... maybe different characters, one stroking his gun, other biting his nails... ;)

Better give us windows in our FC concourses ;)

Top Bottom